posted 1 month ago by
witinadej

CableMonsta Direct Via Amazon.com has Cat6 25ft Flat Ethernet Cable, internet network on sale for $4.74 . 40% off code: UIX6AAR6
Shipping is free  on orders over $25

19 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017R12IXG/

That's the direct link, and you don't need the coupon if you click the Promotion button on the page.

rated:
Nice a flat 25' cable. Wonder if it is really cat6 since it is flat

rated:
In for 3 and coupon code works on all three. I wonder what is the limit?

rated:
I see $4.73.

rated:
in for my first flat cable

rated:
Fakespot Grade F
Fakespot said: Tread lightly, this product may contain a major number of unreliable or low quality reviews!
Canceled my order after checking Fakespot.

rated:
tinkakat said:   in for my first flat cable
  Ok, what's the advantage of a flat cable?

rated:
the price is OK

rated:
pthakkar said:   the price is OK
Just S said: It is cheap (junk) and cheap (>$) so I won't complain too much. Good for an emergency or temporary use, but I wouldn't rely on it for any daily or mission critical stuff. This cable provides EXTREMELY slow speeds vs any of my other cables. Six speed tests on three different cables: averaged 43Mbps with this cable and 217Mbps with each of my typical good quality Cat 5 cables. Even at pennies, I wouldn't buy again.
Link 

rated:
Flat cables are highly susceptible to interference.

rated:
jschuman said:   
tinkakat said:   in for my first flat cable
  Ok, what's the advantage of a flat cable?

Referring to the photo, it might be easier to coil and pack in a laptop bag.  If it is thinner than a round cable, it might be easier to hide behind hollow baseboard molding or under a carpet.  Anyone else have ideas?

rated:
Fakespot Grade F. i will pass it.

rated:
I've bought 3 feet, 5 feet, 15 feet and now 25 feet flat cables from this company before when they've had various promotions. I've not run any speed tests, etc, but they seem to run fine for me. The advantage is they are kind of easy to route around compared to regular cables. Disadvantages are they are supposedly more susceptible to interference, but again, not as a power user, they seem to work just fine for me. In for 1.

rated:
erfish said:   Fakespot Grade F. i will pass it.
  Someone should "fakespot" Fakespot.  Their "fakespoting" method is questionable and their results always gets them a commission from AMZ for their "reecommendations."  

rated:
What about ReviewMeta? Seems stricter than fakespot...

rated:
any recommendations for a deal on outdoor rated cat6? looking to buy 1000 feet.

rated:
Thanks OP! Thats great to buy for me.

rated:
erfish said:   Thanks OP! Thats great to buy for me.
Are you buying or selling?

rated:
For outdoor cable, you want to look for the terms "Direct Burial" if it is going underground, and "UV Resistant" if it is above ground. It mostly comes in spools, because they figure anyone installing it underground is going to put their own end connectors on it (aka termination). 
If this is outside above ground, I would suggest putting it in a conduit if at all possible. This will protect against critters eating it, and provide additional UV protection. You'll probably want to paint the conduit to give it additional UV protection.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017