posted 1 month ago by
Sleepthieves
Nerdy Member

Sony Xperia X F5121 32GB Smartphone (Unlocked, Graphite Black) - $249.99 FS at B&H

Reviews for this were pretty harsh when it came out because it was very expensive, but now that it's relatively cheap it's pretty decent. Recombu does an interesting 6-month use review to give a better idea of how this phone works in real use instead of the elitest phone review review.

Colors: Black, White, Lime Gold

• 5.0" (1920 x 1080) IPS LCD Touchscreen Display
  • 1.8 GHz Snapdragon 650 Hexa-Core CPU
  • 32GB Storage Capacity + 3GB of RAM
  • Rear 23MP Camera + 13MP Front Camera
  • Includes Quick Charger
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow
  • GSM / 4G LTE Capable

• GSM, GPRS, EDGE: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
    • UMTS, HSPA+: 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz
    • LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 28, 40, 41, 19, 26, 38, 39 Bands

7 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Jul. 22, 2017 @ 8:00pm
rated:
question.. is this phone pretty weak?  I like the design and uniqueness, but comparing this to even the $250 Moto G5, this looks substantially underpowered.
trying to upgrade my iphone 6

rated:
What are you planning to do with it, 4K, HDR video editing?

rated:
I've got one of these, paid around the same price (maybe a bit more). There's a small amount of bloatware that you can disable but not remove, I'd warn you to just turn off the Ultra STAMINA mode entirely as it renders the phone unable to come out of sleep mode, and the Bluetooth has a tendency of just turning off on it's own, and for some reason the mic quality goes to crap if any part of the phone is squished between your head and something you're laying on, and I've found a handful of apps (often first party Google apps) that don't work.  Also, the speakerphone isn't very good.

Those issues aside, it was worth the money.  Nice and thin, excellent battery life even without the Ultra STAMINA mode, hardware keeps up just fine with the software.

rated:
The Snapdragon 650 is on par with the Snapdragon 810, which was last generation's flagship. The 650 also doesn't overheat and throttle, making most games useless. I would say it is superior to the 810. But then most Snapdragon 820 are only in the $250-300 range(LG G5, Le Pro 3(821), Le max 2, etc), which are much faster 80000 Antutu(snapdragon 650) versus 136000 Antutu(Snapdragon 820). The question is does Sony brand quality still exist or the stuff of old legends?

rated:
Hejj said:   I've got one of these, paid around the same price (maybe a bit more). There's a small amount of bloatware that you can disable but not remove, I'd warn you to just turn off the Ultra STAMINA mode entirely as it renders the phone unable to come out of sleep mode, and the Bluetooth has a tendency of just turning off on it's own, and for some reason the mic quality goes to crap if any part of the phone is squished between your head and something you're laying on, and I've found a handful of apps (often first party Google apps) that don't work.  Also, the speakerphone isn't very good.

Those issues aside, it was worth the money.  Nice and thin, excellent battery life even without the Ultra STAMINA mode, hardware keeps up just fine with the software.

Most new phones have both a mic on bottom and on top and if you cover the top one, the noise canceling freaks out and ruins voice quality. Thus why, if you are laying down, the sound quality gets wonky.  

rated:
I had one of these Sony Xperia Series. They have battery draining issues and low memory. Not my pick -_-

rated:
considering the price, the phone has a great combination of processor and camera. I love the quality of cameras in Sony's phones.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017