see scan, full ad at link. http://weeklyad.staples.com/StaplesSD/WeeklyAd?storeid=2278623#!... 

IT APPEARS (not confirmed) that Staples is changing it's copy paper ream size to 750 from 500 sheets (and charging $1.20 more reg price $8.99 vs $7.79-$7.99). note the 5 ream case is now a 4 ream case with 500ct ream paper.

REBATE LIMIT HAS LOWERED FROM 4 to 3 per household on these SKU's!

750 ct ream 50c aer/ac lim 3 rebates, lim one Q per transaction     
https://www.staples.com/coupons/?i   ($5.50 ac les $5 prepaid visa rebate) = 50c

4 x 750ct Ream Case $2 ac/aer  ($17 ac less $15 prepaid visa rebate) =$2

41 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
rated:
What's next-is Staples going to change the number of inches in a foot on the rulers they sell? A ream is 500 sheets, always has
been (till now).

And a back to school sale for the first full week of summer??

Special green to OP for pointing out reduction in number of rebates allowed.

rated:
WalterGuy said:   What's next-is Staples going to change the number of inches in a foot on the rulers they sell? A ream is 500 sheets, always has
been (till now).

Yes, they've always started around now since some areas of the country go back to school the first part of August.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   see scan, full ad at link. http://weeklyad.staples.com/StaplesSD/WeeklyAd?storeid=2278623#!... 

IT APPEARS (not confirmed) that Staples is changing it's copy paper ream size to 750 from 500 sheets (and charging $1.20 more reg price $8.99 vs $7.79-$7.99). note the 5 ream case is now a 4 ream case with 750ct vs 5 ream at 500ct each. 

At least per the ad graphic, the 4 ream case is comprised of four 500 sheet reams for a total of 2000 sheets.

http://akimages.shoplocal.com/dyn_li/2000.0.90.0/Retailers/Stapl...

http://akimages.shoplocal.com/dyn_rppi/4000.0.90.0/Staples/large...

rated:
WalterGuy said:   What's next-is Staples going to change the number of inches in a foot on the rulers they sell? A ream is 500 sheets, always has
been (till now).

next, they will have "back to school" promotion every week. 
wth, the school is just over and now they have bts promo again.

rated:
bpvh said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   see scan, full ad at link. http://weeklyad.staples.com/StaplesSD/WeeklyAd?storeid=2278623#!... 

IT APPEARS (not confirmed) that Staples is changing it's copy paper ream size to 750 from 500 sheets (and charging $1.20 more reg price $8.99 vs $7.79-$7.99). note the 5 ream case is now a 4 ream case with 750ct vs 5 ream at 500ct each. 

At least per the ad graphic, the 4 ream case is comprised of four 500 sheet reams for a total of 2000 sheets.

http://akimages.shoplocal.com/dyn_li/2000.0.90.0/Retailers/Stapl... 

http://akimages.shoplocal.com/dyn_rppi/4000.0.90.0/Staples/large...

thx BPVH, since this is the 'copy' paper, I'll be curious to see what, if any changes are made to the multipurpose paper (size and rebate limits)

rated:
My ad shows the 750 package is 3 of the 250 -reams- wrapped as one package,
It looks much like the ODepot school 3 packs, that are 500 sheets each for a total of 1500 sheets

rated:
Anyone who actually needs paper and doesn't have enough paper stored in their garage from the 1 cent after rebate deals from the last 3 months probably doesn't belong on fatwallet.

rated:
In the last 3 months, I have gotten 80 reams of paper for either 1 cent or 20 cents (the 5 reams for a $1). That should be enough to last for a while, you think?

rated:
Box of stand Staples is 49 cents

rated:
jpessin3 said:   Anyone who actually needs paper and doesn't have enough paper stored in their garage from the 1 cent after rebate deals from the last 3 months probably doesn't belong on fatwallet.
  i keep waiting for an online deal, as i don't have a nearby Staples :\

rated:
Get your paper, etc. now before the private equity firm in talks to buy Staples for $6 billion+ takes Staples away from being retail oriented and focuses on the corporate market. http://www.nasdaq.com/article/staples-gains-5-on-talks-of-buyout...

rated:
mathfaster said:   Get your paper, etc. now before the private equity firm in talks to buy Staples for $6 billion+ takes Staples away from being retail oriented and focuses on the corporate market. http://www.nasdaq.com/article/staples-gains-5-on-talks-of-buyout...
 I guess that means we should use up those Staples gift cards too then. I am sitting on about $318 of them. I wondered what would happen to a Staples gift card if they, as you said, left the retail market to focus on the corporate market. I wish there was an easier way to cash out (without taking a loss of course) than buying penny reams one at a time.

rated:
Markfaafp said:   Box of stand Staples is 49 cents
  I've got way too many already...

rated:
jpessin3 said:   Anyone who actually needs paper and doesn't have enough paper stored in their garage from the 1 cent after rebate deals from the last 3 months probably doesn't belong on fatwallet.
 Last 3 months? Try last 3 years or more for me at least. I have enough paper for the rest of my life sitting in my garage and maybe I can include the rest in my will if need be.

Doesn't look like I will be reaching Premier status for next year. The year is nearly half over and I have spend $82.54 so far.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
 Last 3 months? Try last 3 years or more for me at least. I have enough paper for the rest of my life sitting in my garage and maybe I can include the rest in my will if need be.

Doesn't look like I will be reaching Premier status for next year. The year is nearly half over and I have spend $82.54 so far.

I have wondered if i have enough cases of paper  to build an igloo out of the cases.,  It probably has pretty good insulation properties and would work well, hot or cold.

if we get ambitious,. i will post a pic.

Wads

rated:
MrVietnam said:   

Just under $300 for me split between two accounts.  This, after spending more than $5K last year.

I will run out of ink cartridges next month.  I wonder if I should get just enough to last through December - it would not surprise me if Ink Rewards is next on the chopping block (pure speculation on my part).  

rated:
I was in a Staples today and they already had these 750 page "reams" and 3x750 half cases on display, so it looks like this change is real.

I wonder if they will clearance sale the real size reams or just sell them side by side.

rated:
Coupons are up in app. .50 cents for single ream. $2 for ream case.

rated:
WalterGuy said:   I was in a Staples today and they already had these 750 page "reams" and 3x750 half cases on display, so it looks like this change is real.
Yeah, I saw them too. They appears to be 3x250 packed into one.
I don't know why Stapples is reaming the ream. Maybe because they are getting reamed.

rated:
3 rebates, 4 rebates, Meh.  Hardly matters when I think most people won't be buying them anyway at $4 (/ 750 pages). Well, I'm sure some people will buy them, but maybe not those just looking to monetize rewards or earn towards premier. I'd rather wait for more $.01 reams, if not MM reams .  Unless I really needed them, the most I'd pay (AER) would be ~$1 / 500, so around $1.50 / 750 pages.

rated:
I don't get it. The company is in a dire situation so let's spend valuable resource on changes that make no difference whatsoever?

rated:

rated:
ALWAYS factor in sales tax to these deals unless your tax exempt!
I would've preferred the deal to be $1 after rebate.. sales tax puts them closer to $1 per 500page count.
If enough people sit on their hands, the glut of paper will increase the deal's value.
If the rebates dry up, it's quite possible the $1 stores will just sell single reams for $1 each, then you can buy as needed.

rated:
Anyone doesn't need it who's sitting on paper and hasn't sold it probably doesn't belong on FW.  (j/k)
I'm proud to announce that I have <10 single reams left having just unloaded another 12 cases.
When I had them, I did use cases of paper to help to insulate the walls and it did keep the space warmer.
I earned Premier in April of this year. 
IDK what you slackers are doing...

rated:
So I have to ask what you are getting for a case of paper as it doesn't move in my area unless you are giving it away

rated:
try going into a printing/copy center and see... $17-$20 would seem fair.

rated:

IT APPEARS (not confirmed) that Staples is changing it's copy paper ream size to 750 from 500 sheets (and charging $1.20 more reg price $8.99 vs $7.79-$7.99). note the 5 ream case is now a 4 ream case with 500ct ream paper.

750 ct ream 50c aer/ac lim 3 rebates, lim one Q per transaction     
https://www.staples.com/coupons/?i   ($5.50 ac les $5 prepaid visa rebate) = 50c

4 x 750ct Ream Case $2 ac/aer  ($17 ac less $15 prepaid visa rebate) =$2

Anyone else not seeing the single ream rebate on the rebates page?

SER on the 4-ream case is only $12. Coupon still says $2 AC/AR. So the math is: $19.99 less $5.99 coupon = $14 AC (less $12 SER = $2 AC/AR).

Useful detail when monetizing rewards. For a transaction with one 4-ream and one single ream paper: OOP (to apply reward dollars) at register will be $19.50. With two separate such transactions, it will still need a $1 filler to fully use a $40 ink reward.

BTW, single ream and 4-ream paper is on the ad for the next week with exact same pricing information as this week. Hope we have a better coupon making it close to free (July 4 special?).

rated:
I don't have any paper on hand at the moment. I resell all the reams as soon as I hit the "case" amount to my work or husbands work for $15.00 a case. Since I typically only buy when it is a MM or very little OOP, I still make a profit and don't have to have it sitting around.

I am sure I could raise the price at some point but I like being able to unload it quickly, make money off it, make rewards from it, and get premiere for the ink rewards as well.

rated:
fwuser12 said:   
Anyone else not seeing the single ream rebate on the rebates page?

Using FIND and manufacturer, search under DOMTAR. (Not sure who discovered this but it was not me.)

FIND and SKU (2635024) works as well.

rated:
I just got an email from Staples :

"Dear George2001,

We've made several changes to the Staples Rewards® program to deliver greater value to our customers.

Starting July 1, 2017, all Staples Rewards members will enjoy free next-day delivery, up to 5% back in rewards on in-store purchases and $2 back in rewards on recycled ink and toner cartridges.*

For members who want greater savings, we now offer business membership programs. Perks include business exclusive pricing on thousands of items and custom products with even deeper discounts, to name a few. Learn more 

Plus if you sign up for a Staples More Account™, you'll earn 5% back in store and online, have access to online tools to manage your spend and more. Apply now 

For more information on these program changes, visit staples.com/rewards

Thank you,
Staples Rewards Team"

It looks like they're watering down rewards.

rated:
george2001 said:   I just got an email from Staples :

"Dear George2001,

We've made several changes to the Staples Rewards® program to deliver greater value to our customers.

Starting July 1, 2017, all Staples Rewards members will enjoy free next-day delivery, up to 5% back in rewards on in-store purchases and $2 back in rewards on recycled ink and toner cartridges.*

For members who want greater savings, we now offer business membership programs. Perks include business exclusive pricing on thousands of items and custom products with even deeper discounts, to name a few. Learn more 

Plus if you sign up for a Staples More Account™, you'll earn 5% back in store and online, have access to online tools to manage your spend and more. Apply now 

For more information on these program changes, visit staples.com/rewards

Thank you,
Staples Rewards Team"

It looks like they're watering down rewards.

Thought it's been like that for awhile now.

rated:
Wads said:   I have wondered if i have enough cases of paper  to build an igloo out of the cases.,  It probably has pretty good insulation properties and would work well, hot or cold.

if we get ambitious,. i will post a pic.

Wads

It would be the equivalent of wood when it comes to insulation. Wood has an r-value of 1, which is horrible, meaning it does not resist temperature change. If the air becomes cool outside, then the wood (or case of paper) will change as well. You would need to really heat up the inside of the paper-gloo & maintain it, so the heat is strong enough to keep the outside cold from changing the papers temperature. That is if there isn't a fire first, not that solid cases burn easily. The positive is that you will always have a sheet of paper around for a list or phone number to write down.

So no, not a good insulator, but I still won't mind seeing the picture. If you are curios on how to minmize thermal transmission thru the woods studs in a house, look at advance framing techniques. You essentially make a 2x6 wall, with 2x6 top & bottom plates, but the studs are still 2x4's, but staggered inside & out of the wall, so there is minimal transmissions points from the outside to in. There are way to do the corners (worst area because of minimal insulation voids) in which you leave an open cavity in-between the outside & in so you can spray or place insulation. Way off toptic, but if you will be better off in the long haul, trading you paper for insulation on craigslist

rated:
Insulator or not but a stack of case paper can make your house bulletproof especially if you live in the type of neighborhood where bullets fly.
But test it out beforehand so that you don't end up like these dumbasses

rated:
marcopolomle said:   Insulator or not but a stack of case paper can make your house bulletproof especially if you live in the type of neighborhood where bullets fly.

Stacks of paper would also cause a great fire hazard.

rated:
Bought the new 1/2 case and 750 page ream, but rebate only printed out for the 1/2 case.

EDIT:  2nd rebate didn't print out, but DOES show up when I submit the receipt for stapleseasyrebates.

BTW, anyone interested, Staples has been sold. 6.9B

rated:
Danzilla said:   BTW, anyone interested, Staples has been sold. 6.9B

Cash your reward ASAP. I don't expect these rebate deals would last much longer. I wonder if they realize what they just bought...

rated:
unnamedone said:   
Danzilla said:   BTW, anyone interested, Staples has been sold. 6.9B
  Cash your reward ASAP. I don't expect these rebate deals would last much longer. I wonder if they realize what they just bought...

Wouldn't be so concerned over your monthly rewards.  While they could cancel the recycling program or stop offering rebates on paper, it's unlikely they'll do anything to rewards already issued.  I am however thinking the next time I buy ink empties from eBay I'll want to cut back and only be getting 200-300, instead of 500-600 like I usually do.

rated:
Sure they won't cancel rewards that are already issued. But without the rebate deals, rewards are just monopoly money. The FAR deals are to get people into their stores and more importantly keep the revenue up to make the company more attractive to buy. I can't imagine the private equity will keep this going as profit is what they are after. It's already kinda happening. Notice there isn't any July 4th deals.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017