posted 29 days ago by
honkinggoose
Tired Member

One similar to this was on sale for $80 in the Spring.  I couldn't bring myself to get it but will bite this time.  I'm man enough to be seen with this toy ... or I'll pull out my AINTS bag.

At Home Depot thru 7/5/17

Significant details
17 lbs, no wheels
1600 psi
1.2 GPM
13 amps
35' cord with gfci plug
25' hose
3 tips (0, 15, soap)
90 day warranty - Yeah, they're real confident in employees, materials, or both.

10 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I bought the greenworks 1950 psi electric pressure washer. But if I didn't I would have jumped on this.

rated:
Guess this is becoming their regular price. I jumped on this same deal last week. Nice little machine for the money. Wouldn't use it to clean my whole driveway but great for spot cleaning. Note: Soap sold separately. 

rated:
Uh, oh.  How big is the driveway that you wouldn't want to use it on?

rated:
honkinggoose said:   Uh, oh.  How big is the driveway that you wouldn't want to use it on?

Almost any sized driveway would be a pain to clean with a small electric pressure washer. Even a gas-powered one with a turbo nozzle attachment can take you an hour or more for a two car wide driveway, and that's assuming you only have to go over spots one time. You're looking at probably two to three times as long with this little guy. I use a small electric one for spot cleaning around my pond/pool.

rated:
honkinggoose said:   One similar to this was on sale for $80 in the Spring.  I couldn't bring myself to get it but will bite this time.  I'm man enough to be seen with this toy ... or I'll pull out my AINTS bag.

At Home Depot thru 7/5/17

Significant details
17 lbs, no wheels
1600 psi
1.2 GPM
13 amps
35' cord with gfci plug
25' hose
3 tips (0, 15, soap)
90 day warranty - Yeah, they're real confident in employees, materials, or both.

Picked this up last week. Haven't used it yet, but seems essentially the same as the one it will be replacing, except without wheels and a cord reel. Not as strong as a (larger)/gas powered, but it cleans off the patio, gas grill, and seat cushions well. I use it maybe twice a year, so it should work well.

However, it actually has a 3 year warranty

rated:
Bobthyferret said:   
<edit>

Almost any sized driveway would be a pain to clean with a small electric pressure washer. Even a gas-powered one with a turbo nozzle attachment can take you an hour or more for a two car wide driveway, and that's assuming you only have to go over spots one time. You're looking at probably two to three times as long with this little guy. I use a small electric one for spot cleaning around my pond/pool.

Thanks for the info.  I must have just been lucky, and cleaned my last driveway of 7+ cars in about an hour (plus 15 minutes setup & breakdown).  Now maybe my driveway just wasn't that dirty, or I didn't do a very good job.  Of course, that was with a 4000 psi machine that was overkill for what I needed.  But it was really convenient not having to drag a cord around ... just a gas can because that thing guzzled it.

rated:
Pobre said:   
<edit> 
 Picked this up last week. Haven't used it yet, but seems essentially the same as the one it will be replacing, except without wheels and a cord reel. Not as strong as a (larger)/gas powered, but it cleans off the patio, gas grill, and seat cushions well. I use it maybe twice a year, so it should work well.

However, it actually has a 3 year warranty

Thanks for the correction.  Initially, the Home Depot description for the warranty column was 3 which I presumed meant months.  This is actually an excellent warranty if you live in a city where a Ryobi authorized service center will work on it.  Otherwise, the shipping will make the warranty essentially worthless.  Good luck with it.  I will wait until the last minute before deciding on this one or holding out for a gas powered machine.

rated:
I bought the Home Depot extended warranty for like $6, and when this breaks, they'll supposedly give me a full refund.

rated:
Good idea.  Not taking the extended warranty is almost hardwired into my brain, kind of like not taking car rental insurance in North America. 

rated:
I know what you mean, and I instinctively say no, but in this case the warranty was so cheap, plus I've seen several cheap pressure washers fail prematurely. Bought mine earlier this year, and it's been adequate for the small jobs I've asked it to do.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017