posted 27 days ago by
Sleepthieves
Nerdy Member

Coleman Insect Repellent - 100 Percent DEET - 4 fl. oz. - $1.83 FS on $50+ at REI 

Wow!! This was $4.93 just two weeks ago

• Active ingredient DEET provides long-lasting protection—up to 10 hrs.
  • Insect repellent keeps away disease-carrying mosquitoes as well as biting flies, gnats, ticks and fleas
  • Easy-to-pack 4 oz. pump bottle allows convenient, on-the-go application
  • Made in USA.

3 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
More than 40 years ago I was buying 100% DEET from an Army Surplus store, and used it to defeat the hordes of mosquitoes while working on Isle Royale. Believe me, the only way to get away from the bugs was to go underwater while swimming in Lake Superior, and that was a different kind of torture. DEET works, but it is not without controversy. It is generally considered to be safe, but don't be stupid about using it. Good info here.

rated:
thx said:   More than 40 years ago I was buying 100% DEET from an Army Surplus store, and used it to defeat the hordes of mosquitoes while working on Isle Royale. Believe me, the only way to get away from the bugs was to go underwater while swimming in Lake Superior, and that was a different kind of torture. DEET works, but it is not without controversy. It is generally considered to be safe, but don't be stupid about using it. Good info here
  I won't disagree I had always heard it was not good for you in high amounts. However take from this what you will.

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/gulfwar/sources/pestic...

rated:
I would not use this on my kids under the age of 12.  I use it as an adult going deep woods, but general backyard use -- I would avoid it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017