posted 27 days ago by
EntertheDeals
Cranky Member

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd...

• AMD Ryzen 5 1400 processor
  • 8GB system memory for advanced multitasking
  • 1TB hard drive for ample file storage space
  • AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics
  • Windows 10 operating system

5 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Jul. 23, 2017 @ 11:56pm
rated:
This a joke? ryzen fails at games

rated:
gimper48 said:   This a joke? ryzen fails at games

What?  The cost/performance of Ryzen has basically made the i5 a secondary choice for gaming with few exceptions.  Thanks to Ryzen, Intel actually has competition, which is great for the consumer.  4core/8thread > 4core/4thread

rated:
S197 said:   
gimper48 said:   This a joke? ryzen fails at games

What?  The cost/performance of Ryzen has basically made the i5 a secondary choice for gaming with few exceptions.  Thanks to Ryzen, Intel actually has competition, which is great for the consumer.  4core/8thread > 4core/4thread

I'm not sure the i5 vs Ryzen debate really matters much in practice. The GPU is far more important than the CPU when it comes to most games. Of those few games that do require lots of CPU power, I doubt many are designed to make use of the extra 4 threads.

The RX580 is a mid-range graphics card, so that makes this a decent deal....IF the power supply is reliable and adequate, and the cooling works well. The RX580 is power-hungry.

Note that you will still need to add an SSD to this setup if you want good all-round performance, so save at least $100 in your budget for that.

rated:
I bought one last week- plays all the games at high frame rate and top quality components too- Asus mobo.
And if you wanted faster you can put Ryzen 7 in it for Xeon levels of performance.
The one problem i have is that RAM is so expensive and 8 gb is not enough.

And I added an SSD too, but the HDD was a top performer for HDD on the userbenchmark.  You could get by with 120 GB SSD as a result.

Powersupply is EVGA 450 watt. We will see how that holdsup.

rated:
8gb not enough for gaming? since when? it's plenty for gaming at 1080p... which is all this GPU is good for.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017