posted 25 days ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

28 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
In for one, thanks op.

rated:
These are the same quality as the Yeti tumblers they're copies of. Thanks!

rated:
Stainless steel is sold out at $9.24. Black and Purple are still available at $12.12.

rated:
I bought four of these on a previous deal, they are not the same quality as Yeti.

They are okay for the price, but do not expect much.

rated:
drodge said:   Stainless steel is sold out at $9.24. Black and Purple are still available at $12.12.
  They're still in stock, but it's a little confusing.  Just don't pick a color and the stainless is available.  Just ordered 4 sets of stainless.

TCB is 11% at WM today.

rated:
cheapo1 said:   I bought four of these on a previous deal, they are not the same quality as Yeti.

True, but on a per-cent basis, these are probably 10 times the value of a Yeti.  

rated:
DragonOnTheEdge said:   
drodge said:   Stainless steel is sold out at $9.24. Black and Purple are still available at $12.12.
  They're still in stock, but it's a little confusing.  Just don't pick a color and the stainless is available.  Just ordered 4 sets of stainless.

TCB is 11% at WM today.

Tried that, but every time try check out and select free pickup, it gives me "We’re having trouble with your request. Please wait a moment and then try again."

rated:
cheapo1 said:   I bought four of these on a previous deal, they are not the same quality as Yeti.

Not the same quality how?   They look and feel almost identical.  We had this argument at my office at Christmas time when someone bought a bunch of these knockoffs.  We conducted at least a dozen side-by-side tests using 2 yetis and 2 Ozark Trails.   Every single time the cheap ones kept ice longer and maintained hot coffee longer than yeti.  

rated:
I had the same trouble with pickups. Did a simple google search for "Ozark Trail 30 Ounce tumbler" and navigated to walmart where the stainless steel option was $6 in any quantity with a working pickup option (so picking up two is cheaper than including shipping and the same price as the colored options in the bundle, slightly more expensive if you can get the bundle to work with pickup - I couldn't).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/171452737

rated:
drodge said:   

Not the same quality how?   They look and feel almost identical.  We had this argument at my office at Christmas time when someone bought a bunch of these knockoffs.  We conducted at least a dozen side-by-side tests using 2 yetis and 2 Ozark Trails.   Every single time the cheap ones kept ice longer and maintained hot coffee longer than yeti.  

Because people assign non-quantifiable "quality" based on how much they paid for an item/how much it costs, on marketing, and on "USA! USA! USA!" rather than experimental data.  Oh, also oftentimes on how much something weighs.

rated:
I have 4 Ozark Trail and 1 Yeti.

Cannot tell the difference , beside the price of course. They stay cold pretty much the same amount of time.

I have also check youtube before i purchased the Ozark Trail from Walmart.

Save your money for the same results. Just my 2 cents.

rated:
On the colored ones does the paint chip off? And are they not dishwasher safe like the stainless steel ones?

rated:
I wish the deal was for the 20oz one. I have 20 oz and 30 oz. 30 oz is unnaturally big. Today i saw a 40oz!.

rated:
zapjb said:   On the colored ones does the paint chip off? And are they not dishwasher safe like the stainless steel ones?
  For $4-5, they're destined to go in my dishwasher.  

On the colored part, I'm less sure.  The color rubbed off driving around with it in the tractor cup holder, but they've been in the dishwasher too, so I can't say 100%.  They rubbed off where the rim and bottom rested.

rated:
rlcrisp said:   I had the same trouble with pickups. Did a simple google search for "Ozark Trail 30 Ounce tumbler" and navigated to walmart where the stainless steel option was $6 in any quantity with a working pickup option (so picking up two is cheaper than including shipping and the same price as the colored options in the bundle, slightly more expensive if you can get the bundle to work with pickup - I couldn't).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-30-Ounce-Double-Wall-Vacuum-Sealed-Tumbler/171452737

I ordered one 2-Pack for  $9.24 and one above for $6 the total is $15.24
Then store pick is OK

rated:
Got one, thx

rated:
drodge said:   

My experience has been the same. 

rated:
Just now got 4 30oz stainless steel shipped otd $19.91. Will return 2.

rated:
zapjb said:   On the colored ones does the paint chip off? And are they not dishwasher safe like the stainless steel ones?

Ive had a black one for about a year.  The paint has held up pretty good.  around the sides, there are a couple small specks where the paint has come off, but on the bottom of the cup where it sits in my cup holder or on cement or whatever, most of the paint has chipped away.

Getting two of these stainless steels ones if the website will work... so far its timing out....

rated:
wx1trw said:   These are the same quality as the Yeti tumblers they're copies of. Thanks!
There's been a ton of tests on these on Youtube, and they compare favorably to RTIC and YETI.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ozark+trail+vs+yeti+vs+rtic

rated:

It's OK. The world needs Yeti and Monster Cable buyers too.  

rated:
kimgkimg said:   
wx1trw said:   These are the same quality as the Yeti tumblers they're copies of. Thanks!
There's been a ton of tests on these on Youtube, and they compare favorably to RTIC and YETI.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ozark+trail+vs+yeti+vs+rtic 

All differences are within 10% variation in temp. I am sure a road warrior would appreciate the extra dollars for 10% variance in end result.

rated:
DragonOnTheEdge said:   
  For $4-5, they're destined to go in my dishwasher.  

On the colored part, I'm less sure.  The color rubbed off driving around with it in the tractor cup holder, but they've been in the dishwasher too, so I can't say 100%.  They rubbed off where the rim and bottom rested.

I've washed my stainless ones in the dishwasher every single day for over a year and had zero issues.  

rated:
drodge said:     I've washed my stainless ones in the dishwasher every single day for over a year and had zero issues.  
  And the plastic tops too?

Got my 4. Going to return 3. Will grocery shop while there.

rated:
javaman2003 said:   I wish the deal was for the 20oz one. I have 20 oz and 30 oz. 30 oz is unnaturally big. Today i saw a 40oz!.
  Same here. I want it for a coffee mug for my truck and 20oz is the perfect size for me. I looked at them in the store and they were $7.74 and also didn't have the color I wanted (hunter green). Came home and ordered it on-line for store pickup next week for $6.00. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-20oz-Hunter-Green/5479541...

rated:
zapjb said:   
drodge said:     I've washed my stainless ones in the dishwasher every single day for over a year and had zero issues.  
  And the plastic tops too?

Got my 4. Going to return 3. Will grocery shop while there.

Yep, every single day.   The plastic is fine and so is the gasket.  

rated:
Are the plastic lids on these sealed or is the opening always open?  I think I have one of these from a previous deal and you cannot completely seal it, the small drink opening in the lid is always open.

rated:
ForSpud said:   Are the plastic lids on these sealed or is the opening always open?  I think I have one of these from a previous deal and you cannot completely seal it, the small drink opening in the lid is always open.
  Always open.

Is it worthwhile to get replacement tops that can be closed? If so which ones & where?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017