Dell Small Business has their Dell XPS 8910 Tower Desktop w Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD & Win 10 on sale for $699.99 - $220 Off using coupon code "XPS479" = $479.99 with Free Shipping!

• Intel Core i5-6400 6th Gen Processor
  • 8GB DDR4 RAM
  • 1TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 2GB Graphics Card
  • DVD-RW Drive
  • Wi-Fi 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.2
  • Wired Multimedia Keyboard & Laser Mouse included
  • Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit
  • Ports:

• Front

• 4x USB 3.0
      • 1x Mic-In
      • 1x Headphone
      • 1x SD Card Reader

• Rear

• 3x USB 3.0
      • 1x USB 3.1
      • 2x USB 2.0
      • 1x USB 3.1 Type-C
      • 1x HDMI
      • 1x DisplayPort
      • 1x Gigabit Ethernet
      • 1x Audio ports (3-jack 5.1 channel)

14 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Dell Small Business coupon thread.
rated:
my desktop is plugging along fine otherwise i would up grade with this

rated:
unless you are able to upgrade / clone the drive and install an SSD yourself, this is overkill. You'll be waiting on the slow hard drive for every single operation.

rated:
I find the deal good, just bought it. For $480 XPS desktop is a good buy

rated:
Intel Core i5 fits most people.

rated:
it has a fan on top of the case. isn't this a magnet for dust getting into the system? especially when the system is off?

is that top fan an exhaust fan?

rated:
6725 Rated CPU, not bad for light gaming
1100 Rated GPU

It's a low end XPS

rated:
forbin4040 said:   6725 Rated CPU, not bad for light gaming
1100 Rated GPU

It's a low end XPS

What is your definition of "light gaming?"  My 12 year old plays steam and Rocket League and is complaining his machine is too slow.  I have a 255gb SSD that I can add to it to improve the IO.

rated:
CapeCodChris said:   
1100 Rated GPU

It's a low end XPS

What is your definition of "light gaming?"  My 12 year old plays steam and Rocket League and is complaining his machine is too slow.  I have a 255gb SSD that I can add to it to improve the IO.

The key to gaming is the graphics, you could theoretically play Wow if you could dial down the settings to a 'minecraft' level, but it will look like crap.
But if you CPU is too slow, the best Graphic card there isn't going to cut the amount of data flowing up the internet.

IMHO
Gamers want to play twitch games, to support that you need the best of everything to see every little detail and be able to react to it now instead of 5 seconds from now.

Light Gaming, 5000+ CPU / 1000+ Video - doesn't really care about the graphics but still wants to play games like World of Warcraft and League of Legends.
Mid Gaming 7000+/2500+ - Better Graphics for the same games 
Laptop Gaming 10000+/7500+ - ** Note : Laptops stop around here just due to size, 
Heavy Gaming 10000+ / 10000+  OMG I can see the nose hair on the other characters!

rated:
Great deal, but I'd prefer Win7.

rated:
OP says offer ended yesterday, but it looks to be working today 7/3 also!!

rated:
This pc has all the things an average user require perhaps it could also perform some high-end functions as well like HD graphics designing and gaming

rated:
forbin4040 said:   
CapeCodChris said:   
1100 Rated GPU

It's a low end XPS

The key to gaming is the graphics, you could theoretically play Wow if you could dial down the settings to a 'minecraft' level, but it will look like crap.
But if you CPU is too slow, the best Graphic card there isn't going to cut the amount of data flowing up the internet.

IMHO
Gamers want to play twitch games, to support that you need the best of everything to see every little detail and be able to react to it now instead of 5 seconds from now.

Light Gaming, 5000+ CPU / 1000+ Video - doesn't really care about the graphics but still wants to play games like World of Warcraft and League of Legends.
Mid Gaming 7000+/2500+ - Better Graphics for the same games 
Laptop Gaming 10000+/7500+ - ** Note : Laptops stop around here just due to size, 
Heavy Gaming 10000+ / 10000+  OMG I can see the nose hair on the other characters!

I know that you are trying to be helpful, but that "light", "mid" category stuff and the numbers is confusing nonsense.  And "laptop" is not a category.  

There are three main elements to consider in gaming:  Resolution (1080p), frame rate (FPS - how many images are displayed per second, the higher the number the smoother the animation.  30 FPS is considered a bare minimum, 60 FPS is considered to be a sweet spot), and detail (this includes the # of rendered polygons, texture resolution, draw distance, lighting, etc.).  Better overall computer hardware gets you better overall performance in these areas, and CPU, RAM, secondary storage drive (HDD or SSD), and GPU are all interdependent and important contributing factors, though the GPU is arguably the most important component for gaming performance.  

This PC will make an EXCELLENT platform for a budget gaming rig and you will not see ANY bottleneck for gaming from a 6th gen Core i5 CPU.  Throw a GTX 1050 video card which costs about $150 into this and you can play even the most demanding games out there like Witcher 3 at medium to high settings at 1080p with a solid 60 frames per second.  That setup will provide very enjoyable gaming on just about any title out there and equal or better graphics than any of the current consoles offer on most games.  Games that are not as graphically demanding or are a few years old can be played at maxed out settings at 1080p while getting 60 frames per second, no problem.  And if the thought of playing games at less than maxed out settings bothers you - I would say that current titles at medium to high settings still look pretty awesome, in most cases are better than their console versions.  I save a ton of money getting games on Steam, between the frequent sales and price drops.

I'm saying all this because anybody considering this for a gaming build is probably a budget-minded gamer (like me) and isn't interested in spending a couple grand to reach the absolute pinnacle of performance. 

Getting a better video card than the GTX 1050 will increase performance but it becomes a point of diminishing returns with the increased cost.  For example, going up to a GTX 1060 will cost you almost $100 more and you'll get a slightly better framerate and you might be able to turn detail settings up a step higher, also the card will be able to run current releases a bit longer before you will feel like you need to upgrade.  But it will not be a night and day difference on games that already out, meaning the 1050 will play them all just fine.   

Also a great thing about the budget Nvidia cards like the GTX 1050 - they do not draw a lot of power and will run fine on the included power supply.  Something to consider when buying a PC as a starting point for a gaming rig is figuring out what you'll need to upgrade.  Going to a high-end graphics card will often force you to upgrade the power supply.  

For this PC, I would recommend getting an SSD and a GTX 1050.  Install Windows onto the Solid State Drive (256 GB SSDs are pretty cheap) and then load all of the games and larger files onto the 1TB HDD.  The 8GB of included RAM is sufficient, upgrading to 16GB at some point wouldn't hurt but is not a critical upgrade in my opinion - for gaming probably won't make a noticeable difference.  Would make a very nice machine for the price.

rated:
looks like this deal is back....not sure if it is any different

rated:
not working for me

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017