Home Depot has Vigoro 20 ft. fiberglass landscape edging on sale for $14.98.  Was $29.98 for a $10.00 savings.  Model # 1639FE13.  

Vigoro 20 ft. Fiberglass edging is made of super strong, flexible green fiberglass that will last for years in outdoor environments. Weatherproof Vigoro Fiberglass Edging won't rust, won't rot, won't warp. It won't fade because of a unique manufacturing process. It conforms to all shapes. Easy to make curved borders. Easy install because Vigoro Fiberglass Edging is coiled and light weight. It is flexible, re-shapeable and re-useable. Forest Green color is sure to enhance your garden. Stakes included. Patented.

• Stronger
  • Weed trimmer proof
  • Non-corrosive
  • User friendly
  • Easy transport
  • Sustainable

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Vigoro-20-ft-Fiberglass-Landscape-Edg... 

14 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Now $14.98, even better

rated:
In for 10! Green for you, OP! Also, green for you mcks! Thanks!!!!

rated:
We just did our landscaping at our new house. Someone suggested getting a roll at HD, as that's what they did before. Well there is a reason that can be wound up into such a small package. It is not nearly as robust as other products. For many projects it probably doesn't matter, but we found a supply center that sold the best product out, Black Diamond from ValleyView (from what I could find) for less than what is being charged for this "roll." The Black Diamond only comes in non-rolled pieces. The better products can NOT be rolled up because the polymers used are different, but hold up much better over the long haul.

Black Diamond Edging

rated:
On Amazon, I got a 40 foot roll of a similar product for $28. That's the same price as this product, but made of recycled plastic. Looking at the picture, the product on Amazon is much thicker. It's also 5 inches wide instead of 4 inches. It seems impervious to moisture (like composite decking), and is very tough.
I've found all sorts of uses for it, besides landscape edging: protecting the winter pool cover from rubbing on the concrete deck, as a rainguard around a door frame, and as spacers between pieces of pressure-treated wood

Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LNRVXK/ref=oh_aui_search_d...

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   On Amazon, I got a 40 foot roll of a similar product for $28. That's the same price as this product, but made of recycled plastic. Looking at the picture, the product on Amazon is much thicker. It's also 5 inches wide instead of 4 inches. It seems impervious to moisture (like composite decking), and is very tough.
I've found all sorts of uses for it, besides landscape edging: protecting the winter pool cover from rubbing on the concrete deck, as a rainguard around a door frame, and as spacers between pieces of pressure-treated wood

Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LNRVXK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Great feedback.  Thanks!

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   We just did our landscaping at our new house. Someone suggested getting a roll at HD, as that's what they did before. Well there is a reason that can be wound up into such a small package. It is not nearly as robust as other products. For many projects it probably doesn't matter, but we found a supply center that sold the best product out, Black Diamond from ValleyView (from what I could find) for less than what is being charged for this "roll." The Black Diamond only comes in non-rolled pieces. The better products can NOT be rolled up because the polymers used are different, but hold up much better over the long haul.

Black Diamond Edging

Nice! Bonus that this is Made In USA. 

rated:
Seeing $19.98 so YMMV.  OP probably was seeing that too based on "Was $29.98 for a $10.00 savings" in the description.

rated:
javad said:   Seeing $19.98 so YMMV.  OP probably was seeing that too based on "Was $29.98 for a $10.00 savings" in the description.
  A FatWallet moderator changed the sale price to $14.98.  Not sure where that person got $14.98.

rated:

Price (249.35kB)
Disclaimer
NorCal2013 said:   
javad said:   Seeing $19.98 so YMMV.  OP probably was seeing that too based on "Was $29.98 for a $10.00 savings" in the description.
  A FatWallet moderator changed the sale price to $14.98.  Not sure where that person got $14.98.

That is what I see here. 

rated:
slicchicfl said:   
MeIsCheap said:   We just did our landscaping at our new house. Someone suggested getting a roll at HD, as that's what they did before. Well there is a reason that can be wound up into such a small package. It is not nearly as robust as other products. For many projects it probably doesn't matter, but we found a supply center that sold the best product out, Black Diamond from ValleyView (from what I could find) for less than what is being charged for this "roll." The Black Diamond only comes in non-rolled pieces. The better products can NOT be rolled up because the polymers used are different, but hold up much better over the long haul.

Black Diamond Edging

Nice! Bonus that this is Made In USA. 

but it doesnt ship anywhere in usa for free. no local stores either.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   On Amazon, I got a 40 foot roll of a similar product for $28. That's the same price as this product, but made of recycled plastic. Looking at the picture, the product on Amazon is much thicker. It's also 5 inches wide instead of 4 inches. It seems impervious to moisture (like composite decking), and is very tough.

Here's a link:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LNRVXK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

whats so great about "recycled plastic"? if they arent any cheaper, i dont think anyone would buy it just for the green earth. its all about money.

is it supposed to be recyclable or recycled? i saw paper napkin case at a chinese buffet restaurant the other day, advertised "we use 100% recycled napkin". that made me almost vomit.

rated:
microkelvin said:   

Here's a link:

whats so great about "recycled plastic"? if they arent any cheaper, i dont think anyone would buy it just for the green earth. its all about money.

is it supposed to be recyclable or recycled? i saw paper napkin case at a chinese buffet restaurant the other day, advertised "we use 100% recycled napkin". that made me almost vomit.

Actually, about half the people in the US really do care about the environment, and it's not just about money for them.
Apart from that, it IS cheaper (5 inches vs 4 inches width, and thicker). Also, plastic does not rot, which is why I mentioned it. Composite decking is made of (recycled) plastic.

rated:
microkelvin said:   
 i saw paper napkin case at a chinese buffet restaurant the other day, advertised "we use 100% recycled napkin". that made me almost vomit.

If you do vomit, please not on the napkin.  I don't want to get it the next time around.  

rated:
Good price OP!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017