Amazon Prime Day 2017 – Deals Worldwide Exclusively for Prime Members on July 10 

This "day" lasts 30 hours! Watch for discounts on Amazon devices during this members-only shopping event.

Amazon has held a Prime Day shopping event for the past two years, and we've finally got details about 2017. So when is Prime Day going to happen, and what deals can you expect? Read on to find out.

When Is Amazon Prime Day?

Amazon has revealed that "Prime Day will be a 30-hour shopping event" that runs from 9 pm ET on Monday, July 10 through 2:59 am ET on Wednesday, July 12. The site says to expect "new deals as often as every five minutes."

Who Can Shop Amazon Prime Day?

Sorry, but we have to be clear: This sale isn't for everyone. As the name indicates, only Amazon Prime subscribers can shop Amazon Prime Day. However, this group includes free trial members, guests who've been invited as part of an Amazon Household, and users with AmazonFresh, Amazon Family, or Prime Student memberships.

What Is Prime Day, Anyway?

During Prime Day, Amazon offers thousands of deals. Some are all-day offers, while others are available for only a brief period. Those sales, called "Lightning Deals," launch every few minutes throughout the day.

With such different time frames for so many sales — featuring everything from TVs to baby wipes — finding the deals you want can be hard. One way to make things easier? Download the Amazon app on your phone and look through upcoming deals for the categories you're interested in. If you add a deal to your "watching" list, you'll get a notice through the app when that deal is about to go live.

If you add a deal to your 'watching' list, you'll get a notice through the Amazon app when that deal is about to go live.

Once you see the deal go live, it's a good idea to hit "add to cart" immediately. You'll have a few minutes to either complete your purchase or remove the item from your cart, and some goods sell out in seconds. Even if a deal says "100% claimed," don't be shy about putting yourself on the waitlist. Many of the people who immediately claimed the deal might decide to pass after a little thought.

31 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Everyone likes to talk negatively about Prime Day, but Prime Day 2015 outsold Cyber Monday 2014...and last year's Prime Day was the biggest day in Amazon's history! I'm personally pretty excited since they'll have a better way of searching the deals. That, and the competitor sales are always fun. Here's their press release and here's an article about it from our friends at BFAds

rated:
Thanks OP but I'm not biting.
I prefer less aggravation/frustration and that's what Prime day means to me based on my previous experience.

rated:
Maybe I'm blind.. but where is the list of what will be on sale on Prime day?

rated:
KayK said:   Maybe I'm blind.. but where is the list of what will be on sale on Prime day?
there is no list.
The deals will pop up at time of their choosing during the 30 hr period.
So the only way to get these deals is to keep an eye out for those 30 hrs. The deals go very fast and if you blink you will miss the deal. Even if you happen to see the deal and you are late by a millionth of a second in clicking the "Add to Cart" button you are SOL. Essentially it is a 30 hr "whack a mole" game from amzon.
Moreover most of the deals are from some crappy third party seller which you will be able to get anyway later if you actually need it.
Other deals will be Amzon trying to sell their branded products like Fire stick, Echo at the same discounted price which they sell around BF or Christmas.

rated:
Anyone have examples of previous years savings, item... how much saved?

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
KayK said:   Maybe I'm blind.. but where is the list of what will be on sale on Prime day?
there is no list.
So the only way to get these deals is to keep an eye out for those 30 hrs. The deals go very fast and if you blink you will miss the deal. Even if you happen to see the deal and you are late by a millionth of a second in clicking the "Add to Cart" button you are SOL. Essentially it is a 30 hr "whack a mole" game from amzon.
Moreover most of the deals are from some crappy third party seller which you will be able to get anyway later if you actually need it.
Other deals will be Amzon trying to sell their branded products like Fire stick, Echo at the same discounted price which they sell around BF or Christmas.

That reminds me of the wootoff... it was good......... than the deals sour.

What happen to the 10 items or so with the ticker clock before it expires?

rated:
Black Friday isn't for 5 more months.. so I would be interested in a deal for Echo.. or a cell with Amazon ads for a good price.

rated:
They had great prices on Amazon branded hardware (echo/Tap/Dot, Kindles). I bought a Tap and two kindles at near-record prices.
They also had some pretty good deals that I bought in clothing - some hiking shoes were already on sale and then 30% off. Saved me $50.

rated:
everything you wish for wont be on sale, but there will be useless stuff that is on sale - which makes it a must buy.

hah found last year to be boring

rated:
critten said:   everything you wish for wont be on sale, but there will be useless stuff that is on sale - which makes it a must buy.

But isn't that in true FatWallet spirit, great deals on things you don't need .

rated:
I've never actually bought any of the Amazon Prime Day specials because they usually sell out. It's an over-hyped sale for those folks who like hitting the refresh button on their browsers...

rated:
WorkerAnt said:   
marcopolomle said:   
there is no list.

That reminds me of the wootoff... it was good......... than the deals sour.

What happen to the 10 items or so with the ticker clock before it expires?

Well, Amazon bought woot.com  awhile back ...  so that could be reason why Prime day is similar to wootoff event.

rated:
A friend who was looking to sell stuff on Amazon told me that the way 'Fulfilled by Amazon' works is that your stock has a 6 month shelf life. If it doesn't sell during that time, Amazon charges you a fee to destroy the stock. Not sure if this appiles to all products or only certain categories. Is this Amazon's way of making some money for the junk that they were going to destroy anyways? Prime Day and Black Friday are about 5-7 months apart from each other.

rated:
Will there be a discount if I join Amazon Prime on Prime Day?

rated:
fa282 said:   Anyone have examples of previous years savings, item... how much saved?
  Yes, I bought a TCL 43" TV for about $156.  My roommate bought a 32" for $99.99.  I bought the Moto 360 smartwatch for about $80 until I got dunked in the pool and was destroyed .  I have seen really good deals last year compared to 2015, but most were sold out by the time I found out about it or see it.

rated:
Let me know when there's something worth buying on prime day the last 2 prime day has been a disappointment.

rated:
st205 said:   Let me know when there's something worth buying on prime day
It will be sold out before you know it if there is anything worth buying.

rated:
If I could,I will buy kindle on Prime Day

rated:
oh good, because I totally have the time and inclination to browse through hundreds of thousands of mild price reductions looking for a valid deal that already sold out anyway.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   Will there be a discount if I join Amazon Prime on Prime Day?

We haven't heard anything about a discount, unfortunately. Historically Amazon offers discounts on Prime when they do well at a public event like the Emmy's, consumer satisfaction surveys, etc. We'll definitely post it in Hot Deals if we hear anything though!

There are free 30-day trials, free 6-month trials for .edu memberships, or you could pay $10.99 to join for a month so you can shop Prime Day & cancel afterwards if you don't want to fork out $100. 

rated:
m0ksh said:   A friend who was looking to sell stuff on Amazon told me that the way 'Fulfilled by Amazon ' works is that your stock has a 6 month shelf life. If it doesn't sell during that time, Amazon charges you a fee to destroy the stock. Not sure if this appiles to all products or only certain categories. Is this Amazon 's way of making some money for the junk that they were going to destroy anyways? Prime Day and Black Friday are about 5-7 months apart from each other.
  Huh? Amaz0n destroys unsold stock?? What the... ?

rated:
MGR said:   
m0ksh said:   A friend who was looking to sell stuff on Amazon told me that the way 'Fulfilled by Amazon ' works is that your stock has a 6 month shelf life. If it doesn't sell during that time, Amazon charges you a fee to destroy the stock. Not sure if this appiles to all products or only certain categories. Is this Amazon 's way of making some money for the junk that they were going to destroy anyways? Prime Day and Black Friday are about 5-7 months apart from each other.

True story.  They light it with a Fire Stick.

rated:
I remembering Amazon preceding the Prime Day deals with an additional 20% off just about everything on warehousedeals.  I only bought stuff from warehousedeals with the 20% off last year and skipped Prime Day.  I've been able to buy quite a few "Used - Like New" items that were practically brand new throughout the year.  Hopefully there will be some stuff that I can use.  In the past few years I've bought Briggs & Riley
luggage, Travelpro luggage, tools, Lodge cast iron pans, lighting fixtures, plumbing fixtures, etc. at more than 50% off regular prices - an additional 20% off would have made them an absolute steal!

This is a link to information for last year's pre-Prime Day deals on warehousedeals.com link to last year's deal 

rated:
MGR said:   

This is a perfect example of how crazy stories can start to sound the more they are passed along and the more they get misunderstood along the way.

The only thing I can imagine is that if you heard your friend correctly, he either misunderstood how it works or he was planning on selling items that were either perishable or would be cheaper to have Amazon dispose of them than to have them returned to him.  

There is no 6 month shelf life for Amazon FBA, and it isn't any sort of requirement, but I suppose he may have wanted to sell something that had a 6 month shelf life, and if it didn't sell he would have to pay a disposal fee for the items after they were no longer allowed to be sold.

Other than that, non-perishable items can be stored indefinitely.  As long as you pay the storage fee, Amazon is happy to keep your items available as long as you would like.  If you wish to stop selling an item that you have stored in Amazon 's warehouses, you will need to pay a fee to have the item returned to you, or a smaller disposal fee - but again that is entirely up to you.  

Although, to be fair:  The image of Jeff Bezos running around with a timer and gleefully smashing items when the time limit expires is way more fun to picture than what actually happens, so if you would like to believe that's true - I'm totally on board!  

rated:
Sometimes.Amazon Prime has apart product what I want,so

rated:
Flagg said:   
MGR said:   

This is a perfect example of how crazy stories can start to sound the more they are passed along and the more they get misunderstood along the way.

The only thing I can imagine is that if you heard your friend correctly, he either misunderstood how it works or he was planning on selling items that were either perishable or would be cheaper to have Amazon dispose of them than to have them returned to him.  

There is no 6 month shelf life for Amazon FBA, and it isn't any sort of requirement, but I suppose he may have wanted to sell something that had a 6 month shelf life, and if it didn't sell he would have to pay a disposal fee for the items after they were no longer allowed to be sold.

Other than that, non-perishable items can be stored indefinitely.  As long as you pay the storage fee, Amazon is happy to keep your items available as long as you would like.  If you wish to stop selling an item that you have stored in Amazon 's warehouses, you will need to pay a fee to have the item returned to you, or a smaller disposal fee - but again that is entirely up to you.  

Although, to be fair:  The image of Jeff Bezos running around with a timer and gleefully smashing items when the time limit expires is way more fun to picture than what actually happens, so if you would like to believe that's true - I'm totally on board!  

I have already made up my mind. Please don't confuse me with the facts.

rated:
ocean935 said:   
Flagg said:   
MGR said:   

I have already made up my mind. Please don't confuse me with the facts.

are you in government?

rated:
Flagg said:   
MGR said:   

The people that really get bit by the pay to return (plus handling) or pay to have us destroy are those that lose their account for some reason.  Amazon used to have an issue where if you let them co-mingle stock (which is/was the default setting) then someone bought an item from "you" they might send them an identical item from a closer warehouse.  The problem was counterfeits -- if the buyer got a counterfeit they counted it against YOU even if it wasn't your stock it was delivered FROM.

A major new/used CD reseller with literally *thousands* of CDs in Amazon 's warehouse got burned that way a few years back.  They lost their account and had the option of losing all their stock (and paying for it) or paying a fee (in addition to what they already had) to have it returned.  It was a B&M who had converted ALL their inventory to Amazon -- much of what they got burned on was new merchandise they had gotten from major label distributors so what they sent in was almost certainly NOT fake. 

I suspect by now that tracking glitch has been "fixed."  I still decided not to deal with FBA.  

rated:
rachelmcadams2 said:   Sometimes.Amazan Prime has apart product what I want,so
the suspense is killing me!

rated:

If you have Alexa you can ask her to order you Prime and you'll get it for $79! More info: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1575533

rated:
st4rdust said:   

If you have Alexa you can ask her to order you Prime and you'll get it for $79! More info: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1575533

For non-Prime members only

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017