posted 22 days ago by
joubonerjala

rated:
Not a bad price. Refurb btw.

rated:
no remote but you can get one at your local electronics store from $40-50

rated:
By the way, although this is more expensive than many Android TV boxes by a factor of 2x to 10x, the Shield is nearly universally considered to be the best such device on the market, the fastest, most future-proof, most compatible Android box, although perhaps not as easily adopted for downloading pirated content as other Android boxes (and I believe that this does not run straight Android OS but Android TV, but I think it is possible to side-load all Android apps on the device). One thing that may not be apparent to everyone looking at one of these devices is that unlike a Roku, an Amazon Fire stick/box or an Apple TV box, most Android box manufacturers have not arranged with Netflix for full access to all features on that service and as a result, nearly all the Android boxes on the market are limited to no higher than 480p resolution (standard, not HD resolution) for Netflix. I am aware of only two Android boxes that will display Netflix in the higher HD resolutions and the NVidia Shield is one of them (the Xiaomi Mi Box is the other one, and there might be a few more). If you want to know more, there are some good video reviews of this box and other such TV boxes on YouTube.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017