posted 25 days ago by
ironman69
Ancient Member

6 Comments
Add Comment
rated:

rated:
How do these compare to the Eneloop brand (newer Panasonic or older Sanyo)?

rated:
ablang said:   How do these compare to the Eneloop brand (newer Panasonic or older Sanyo)?
 I was about to pull the trigger but......  one of very through review from Amazon,

" I run the "battery center" at my work (approximately 60 employees). We primarily use AA rechargeable batteries to power keyboards and mice. I have about 200 rechargeable batteries in rotation currently. Between Duracell, Lenmar, Eneloop and the Amazon Basics, the Eneloop have by far been my favorite. I only bought the Amazon Basics because the price was remarkable and figured I'd give them a shot. I use the La Crosse Technology BC-700 Alpha Power Charger. The eneloop batteries stay charged for 4-6 weeks on average and always fully charge to around 2.2-2.4ah. The Duracell are a strong second place. They fully recharge to values higher than the eneloop, but seem to drain faster.

The Amazon Basics have been very inconsistent since buying them. I've bought three of the 16 packs so far. The first pack was "precharged" but 4 were returned to me, drained, after only 4 days. One of those 4 was simply dead. The charger couldn't even recognize there was a battery in the the chamber. Eight more of them were returned to my desk after 2 weeks. One of those 8 only recharged to half spec. The last 4 were returned after 4 weeks and two of those four only recharged to half spec.

When recharging them, I always fully discharge before recharging. The eneloop rarely, if ever, have any issues. The first box of 16 Amazon Basics have just been inconsistent. I'm hesitant to open the other two packs I bought. I might return them and just suck it up and buy the more expensive eneloop. At the pace we are dependent upon and cycle through batteries, it's worth it to have the reliability of the eneloop. Having to go through and discharge and recharge the Amazon Basics two or three times to get them back to operating specs is simply too time consuming. I am giving them a 2-star rating based on the fact that the price is still good even with only 12 working batteries and that they serve as a good backup plan while I'm recharging the eneloop. "

rated:
I had no luck with them... They de-charge pretty quickly; as does the high-capacity ones as well.

rated:
The new reviews on these are pretty rough.

I bought these back when they were re-branded Eneloops and they were a steal, but it looks like I'll pass now.

rated:
yeah, i've had these... i'll pass. I use the EBL ones now... but will give the Eneloop ones a try as suggested by @comodosky!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017