posted 18 days ago by
smokeycatrules
Happy Member

Posted with ToGo

Bosch/Optima Car batteries 30% off

https://www.pepboys.com/parts/batteries_accessories/ 

Bosch/Optima car batteries are 30% off. Champion batteries and select Champion products are 10% off.

7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
The battery prices for all of them is cheaper than I saw at Costco.

rated:
Anyone want to offer any substantive opinion on Bosch vs. Optima?

rated:
Optima, is vastly different, it is valve regulated/AGM not "flooded" where the electrolyte flows freely. It will last longer, perform better, and cost more.

The best automotive AGM is Odyssey, but I don't think Pep Boys carries it.

rated:
Simply wrong. Bosch batteries are 20% off, not 30%.

rated:
Most lead-acid car batteries are similar. Most will last around 5 years with some maintenance
-including keeping fluid above the plates, and the terminals clean. Once had a battery last 7 years - fluke.
More (CCA) cold-crank-amps come at the cost of thinner -and more fragile- lead plates inside the battery
(There's just a certain amount of room in a -for example- size 24f battery)
Aside from more CCA, you're paying for the warranty, same story as hot water heaters.
buy the "better" battery (5-year warranty), or water heater (5-7-9 year warranty),
and you get a longer warranty on essentially the same item.
Bosch, Champion, Exide, Duralast, DieHard, IMHO, doesn't matter much which you buy.

rated:
Appelski said:   
You must be young.  Back in the 70's the car batteries used to come with 7-yr warranties.  JC Penney sold some of the highest rated batteries at the time and even had one that came with a lifetime warranty!  link to Youtube video of ad

Car batteries were expensive back in the 70's and everyone wanted one that would last.  Cars weren't as reliable and most cars would not last 7 years (Ford Pinto, Chevy Vega, Mercury Capri, Fiat 131, Opel Manta - these were some of the cars my friends had.)

rated:
No, I was driving in the early 60's.
Talking about the realities of today.

I remember Sears offering lifetime warranty on their shock absorbers. No not struts, shocks.
I always wondered whether they'd say, looking at a failed item: Well, it's lifetime is over, so's the warranty.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017