posted 21 days ago by
ctgolfer
Star of the Week

Asiana Airlines, one of Skytrax's rated 5/5 World Best Airlines of 2017, have roundt rip airfares travelling from Seattle (SEA) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) for $524 including taxes and fees. This makes one stop each way and one of those may be up to 24 hours in Seoul Korea. Ymmv, but two trips in one!

Price comparison: United / ANA have this fare for about $552 but it makes two stops

Travel availability:
Departs SEA: Aug 29, 30, 31; Sept 4-7, 10-13, 17-19; Oct 15-19, 22-26, 29-31; Daily in Nov except Fridays and Saturdays.

Returns SEA: wide availability returns daily through December 27

Use dates above and book it on Expedia. Bundling hotel with your air will also save you money. 

Asiana website

6 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
are they trip in other citi

rated:
If my memory serves me(45 years ago) monsoon season. Rain every day.

rated:
nsdp said:   If my memory serves me(45 years ago) monsoon season. Rain every day.
 Yep. A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the months: May, June, July, August, September, October and November. Ho Chi Minh City has dry periods in January, February and March. On average, the warmest month is April. On average, the coolest month is December.

rated:
MrVietnam said:    Yep. A lot of rain (rainy season) falls in the months: ...
User name checks out. 

I did a quick scan of prices on Delta for comparison, and for a 6 day trip anytime in Sept-December, the absolute lowest price was $1218.  Awesome deal.

Americans will need a visa to enter Vietnam.  A quick google search shows that on the official Vietnamese US embassy website there is no pricing information and says a visa must be applied for in person.  However, the US State Department's website on travel to Vietnam states:
State Department said: In February 2017, Vietnam launched a pilot e-visa program for citizens of 40 countries, including the United States.  The program uses an online application process to issue 30-day, one-entry visas for $25, payable via bank transfer. Link

My guess would be that the State Department's website is more up to date than the Vietnamese Embassy in US's website.  All in all a much better deal than $150 visa's for travel to China.

rated:
Good deal, but I'm thinking travel deals should be in Travel Discussion. Less than a fraction of 1% can take advantage of this deal (would be different if the deal was not limited to flying out of Seattle).

rated:
Great deal, thanks for posting! I would not have seen it under any other listing.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017