posted 20 days ago by
nowyouknow

Say "Alexa, sign me up for Prime." - You can only use the Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show or Amazon Tap to get the promotion. More deals here

This is for people who don't already have Prime.

18 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here. — Jul. 5, 2017 @ 8:20am
rated:
I JUST signed up 10pm lastnight!! really? thanks for heads up op! hopefully it'll help someone else

rated:
I wonder what the Venn Diagram looks like for (a) current Alexa owners and (b) Amazon Prime members.

I'm thinking it already looks like a single circle, even before this particular promotion..?

rated:
Is this about the biggest discount I can expect for joining Prime? They never offer more than $20 off, do they?

rated:
MrVietnam said:   Is this about the biggest discount I can expect for joining Prime? They never offer more than $20 off, do they?
  Not that I've seen unless you're a student.

rated:
so does anyone have one of these that DOESN"T HAVE PRIME?!?!?

rated:
Charlieman said:   so does anyone have one of these that DOESN"T HAVE PRIME?!?!?
I agree, the Alexa device is useless without prime. I can't play any custom playlist unless I have a prime membership. I just renewed my prime in May. 

rated:
I remember when Super Saver Shipping items would get here in 2 days. Then they started delaying them for a week due to prime. Now prime items are being delayed in my area while others get "same-day" service in select areas. My 2 cents: Amazon won't offer a prime discount to members because they're losing too much $$$ extending prime for a month for every late/damaged prime shipped item.

rated:
Es

rated:
crystal6218 said:   I JUST signed up 10pm lastnight!! really? thanks for heads up op! hopefully it'll help someone else
  Just cancel & signup again

rated:
Charlieman said:   so does anyone have one of these that DOESN"T HAVE PRIME?!?!?

Me. I have a Dot, got it at a Yankee Swap at Christmas. I use it mostly as an interface to my Spotify account.

rated:
Note: Offer ends 11:59 p.m. (PT), July 9, 2017 or while supplies last.

rated:
alanstarr said:   

Me. I have a Dot, got it at a Yankee Swap at Christmas. I use it mostly as an interface to my Spotify account.

My Alexa is an expensive timer. And it gets really annoying sometimes.  

rated:
I think the cheapest was $69 and it was for a few days after the 69th Emmy Awards when they won a bunch of awards there.  they've done it a few times now where after the emmy's they run a prime sale for whatever year the emmy's were.  72nd Annual Emmy Awards had a $72 prime purchase price.. etc.
roll the dice and wait for the awards show, or grab it now at 79

rated:
marinedjp said:   I think the cheapest was $69 and it was for a few days after the 69th Emmy Awards when they won a bunch of awards there.  they've done it a few times now where after the emmy's they run a prime sale for whatever year the emmy's were.  72nd Annual Emmy Awards had a $72 prime purchase price.. etc.
roll the dice and wait for the awards show, or grab it now at 79

The next Emmy's will be a long wait as the last Emmy's was televised last April 30. 2017.

rated:
This works if your already a Prime member?

rated:

I did.  I let my subscription lapse in anticipation of just such a sale.  Thanks, OP!

rated:
daredevil2 said:   
alanstarr said:   

My Alexa is an expensive timer. And it gets really annoying sometimes.  

I used mine to replace the well past End-of-life (and software support) Squeezebox Boom.  The Boom still sounds better, but it was directional and where I place my Echo is between two spaces on a low wall.  It can hear me from pretty much anywhere in my condo there.  It plays streaming music from Soma FM and TuneIn.  (SomaFM has a "skill" now, which is awesome -- I sent in a donation to Soma and specifically told them it was for that skill.  Not every stream is on Tune-in but they are via the skill.  

rated:
I thought the Fire HD tablet would be eligible when I saw the title. Oh well. I've had too many unpleasant experiences with Amazon anyway.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017