posted 21 days ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

$30 OFF $60 at Amazon.com with Amex Membership Rewards Points YMMV

Link to Article: http://milestomemories.boardingarea.com/amazon-shop-with-points-... 

The Offer
Use your Membership Rewards eligible American Express Card to Shop with Points at Amazon. com and get up to $30 off an order of $0 or more with promo code: AMEX17PRIME by 7/11/2017. or until 100,000 customers have redeemed this offer, whichever is earlier.Promo Page. Follow these steps:

1. Add $60 or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon. com to your shopping cart.
  2. Under “Choose a payment method,” select your Membership Rewards eligible American Express Card and pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points, then click “Use this payment method.”
  3. Enter the promo code AMEX17PRIME in the box provided on the checkout page, then click “Apply.”
  4. Up to $30 of savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page.

Key Terms

• You can use as few as 1 Membership Rewards Point
  • This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 7/11/2017, or until 100,000 customers have redeemed this offer
  • To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an account which has been active for 30 days or longer.
  • Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon. com in the past twelve months.

49 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Thank you OP.
I have never paid with points before yet every other AMEX/Amazon offer never worked for me.
This one finally did (and with the same items I tried to purchase with previous offers).

So if others never had any luck with an AMEX points deal, it's worth trying again with this code.

rated:
Thank you OP. Worked on a Whole Foods e-gift card at $60. I previously used the $25 off $50 offer for AMEX points, so this is a new offer and does not exclude customers who used the previous offer.

rated:
My 10000 points are equivalent to $100.00, but Amazon converts to only 75.00, loosing $25 value and using the promo card gives $30.00. Net gain $5.00 for me. Is everyone getting the correct amount of cashback for $30.00 gain?

rated:
dpsverman said:   My 10000 points are equivalent to $100.00, but Amazon converts to only 75.00, loosing $25 value and using the promo card gives $30.00. Net gain $5.00 for me. Is everyone getting the correct amount of cashback for $30.00 gain?
  Look at #2 in the OP..."pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points, then click “Use this payment method.” "   When they did something similar for Chase, I think I put $1 in points. So net loss would be $0.25 in points value for $30 merchandise value. I don't have an AMEX, so try it out and let us know how it goes.

rated:
Thank you OP!
Used both offers on the same account - $25 off $50 few days ago and $30 off $60 today.

rated:
I was able to convert $0.01 with 1 point, and charge $29.99 to the AMEX card.

rated:
Reminder of the other offer that's been available for a while too: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1574617 (Promo code AMEX17EVER, that one is $25 off $50). Applies to Amex cards that earn membership rewards points.

As someone who's not used either offer, I wonder if there's rhyme or reason to use one than the other to get the maximum value. And as posted, the best option is to redeem 1 point for 1 cent and pay for the rest, since redemption rates are poor.

rated:
AMEX4EVER shows as expired for me

rated:
The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.  I have tried for over an hour.  Loaded cart. NO.  Emptied cart, added Amazon gift card, NO
Emptied cart again, made sure all items came from Amazon LLC  NOPE  any ideas?

rated:
 THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

rated:
Don't know what to buy?
Consider this...
Certified Refurbished Amaz0n Tap - Alexa-Enabled Portable Bluetooth Speaker
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1575695

rated:
KHTC said:   Don't know what to buy?
Consider this...
Certified Refurbished Amaz0n Tap - Alexa-Enabled Portable Bluetooth Speaker
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1575695 

Good suggestion and perfect timing. Thanks.

rated:
worked.

rated:
Californiadeal said:   The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.  I have tried for over an hour.  Loaded cart. NO.  Emptied cart, added Amazon gift card, NO
Emptied cart again, made sure all items came from Amazon LLC  NOPE  any ideas?

Same issue for me. Tried the same Echo Tap listed above even and still no dice.

rated:
OK it worked with the Echo so all my items must not qualify.  Has anyone had success with any gift cards?  I have only tried Amazon gift card

rated:
Several people have had it work with gift cards, but others don't have it work at all, including me. One of the T&C says this is a targeted promotion, so I guess you have to be enabled for it on the Amazon side. Too bad, I was definitely ready to buy that Amazon Tap for $39+tax after discounts. So YMMV for sure

PS The earlier code AMEX17EVER for $25 off $50 has now expired, so I think that's good for no one now

rated:
Californiadeal said:   The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.  I have tried for over an hour.  Loaded cart. NO.  Emptied cart, added Amazon gift card, NO
Emptied cart again, made sure all items came from Amazon LLC  NOPE  any ideas?

Same here

rated:
Thank you, it worked for me.  Bought a Lowe's gift card and a Amazon Prime item.

rated:
Worked on a Starbucks gift card for me.

rated:
Doesn't work for me. I have the Blue card that earns membership reward points. Amex17ever shows as expired. Amex17prime shows not valid with my purchase. I have tried a bunch of shipped and sold by Amazon items. Nothing works

rated:
I don't see option to use rewards points???

rated:
brusbrother said:   I don't see option to use rewards points???
  Select the AMEX card as your payment method.

rated:
BrianGa said:   
brusbrother said:   I don't see option to use rewards points???
  Select the AMEX card as your payment method.

operator error. I selected the card but first tried to link "points" and Amex reported Az that I don't have a rewards card... I guess it is just a mileage card... 

rated:
They said that the account has been active for 30 days or longer!!!So I am must wait

rated:
Dead?

rated:
p with Points
We're sorry, but something went wrong while enrolling your rewards account for Shop with Points.

rated:
I kept getting an error message saying "This promo cannot be applied," but then when I went to the next page, it actually had been applied. Anybody else get that? I placed a $62 order and it says I was only charged $31 (after using a dollar in points), so it looks like everything went OK, I suppose...

rated:
sdskees said:   I kept getting an error message saying "This promo cannot be applied," but then when I went to the next page, it actually had been applied. Anybody else get that? I placed a $62 order and it says I was only charged $31 (after using a dollar in points), so it looks like everything went OK, I suppose...
  Same thing happened to me. Was also having an issue picking Amex as payment. After I got promo can't be applied it reverted to my GC balance, but redid the amex thing and it worked. Seemed a little wonky but got confirmation.

rated:
I have tried this over and over and never works.

rated:
worked for me on Echo Tap. thanks!

rated:
jjl44 said:   Thank you OP. Worked on a Whole Foods e-gift card at $60. I previously used the $25 off $50 offer for AMEX points, so this is a new offer and does not exclude customers who used the previous offer.
  Do you have Amaz0n Prime membership? I don't. I have used points offer in the past. The new offer doesn't work for me. Not sure if prime membership is required for the offer.

rated:
I keep being told that I do not have a Membership Rewards account.  When I sign into my Amex acct I see the rewards account and balance.  oh well!

rated:
Thanks, I was able to buy $75 worth of Starbucks gift cards for $45.  Actually $44.99 plus 1 cent worth of Membership Rewards points (one point).

rated:
brooke789 said:   I keep being told that I do not have a Membership Rewards account.  When I sign into my Amex acct I see the rewards account and balance.  oh well!
  What kind of Amex card do you have?

rated:
MadCityGuy said:   Thanks, I was able to buy $75 worth of Starbucks gift cards for $45.  Actually $44.99 plus 1 cent worth of Membership Rewards points (one point).
  Do you have prime membership? I used amex offer back in 2015. So it is more than 12 months. Still not working for me.

rated:
Damn. I have three qualifying Amex Cards but all of them have zero MRs

rated:
Got $60 Panda express for $30

rated:
Tried the Starbucks gift card. Didn't work for me.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017