Posted with ToGo

3-Pack Google Home WiFi System
$249.99 AC
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833981026 

Promo Code: EMCXRHRH2

A single Google Home device typically sells for over $100

4 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Jul. 23, 2017 @ 10:00pm
rated:
Just want to make sure everyone is clear. This is not the Google Home (Amazon Echo-like) device. This is a system to make wifi work better in your home.

rated:
This is google's version of a mesh wi-fi router system. You position the white pucks around your house to get seamless coverage everywhere. I am using a 3-pack in my house and am very happy with it.

List price for the 3-pack on google's store is $299. Amazon currently has the 3-pack for $270.

rated:
If you'll forgive a technical diversion here, a question. I was convinced that a mesh network of this type was going to be the salvation for wi-fi in my house. But then I read that if you DO already have wired Ethernet to several points in your house (and I do), that you can do as well if not better by just adding a couple of access points (e.g. an RT-N-12 router that I got for about $20). I did not realize that wi-fi clients would seamlessly hand off to different access points without mesh technology, but it appears that they can.

rated:
publicpersona said:   If you'll forgive a technical diversion here, a question. I was convinced that a mesh network of this type was going to be the salvation for wi-fi in my house. But then I read that if you DO already have wired Ethernet to several points in your house (and I do), that you can do as well if not better by just adding a couple of access points (e.g. an RT-N-12 router that I got for about $20). I did not realize that wi-fi clients would seamlessly hand off to different access points without mesh technology, but it appears that they can.
  Yup.  When plugged into wired ethernet you can add access points to spread wifi coverage throughout your home.  I use a Verizon Fios router as my main router along with an Apple Time capsule and an old Airport Express and have almost no dead zones.  Works great!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017