posted 12 days ago by
mariaflor

MSC Cruises 2 for 1 PLUS Caribbean Cruise Sale 7 nite Cruise from $399.00
https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/2-for-1-plus-caribbean-cruise-deal.aspx?

11 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Reviews for this cruise line are very mixed (for the worse)
https://www.yelp.com/biz/msc-cruises-fort-lauderdale

I'm a bit concerned the Whois for this site is in Switzerland for some reason.

rated:
MSC Cruises is a global cruise line that was founded in Italy, is registered in Switzerland, and has its headquarters in Geneva.

I do believe the site is legit

rated:
Ok it is the official real legit site but I cannot seem to get into choosing a stateroom on a couple different browsers.  Seems like a good deal 2 for 1 and decent prices.  I've never sailed with them but if I can go for 200 per person plus taxes and fees, I would be game on trying them out.

rated:
Comes out to $1k+ for two... Not sure how to get 2 for 1.

rated:
Main market cruise lines advertised prices are a huge mystery. They will advertise $399 which means $399 per person. The 2 for 1 really means that the first person is $798 and when you buy one then the second person is free. But you don't get free taxes, port charges, or gratuities - figure adding on an additional $160-ish per person. With that being said, if you can get on a cruise for under $100 per person per day (before taxes, fees, etc), it is a pretty good deal.

Also, MSC is a smaller cruise line company and they are trying to build their customer base. They are encouraging new customers with cheap cruises and they are even matching loyalty programs from other cruise lines to entice people to give them a try. They have a couple of new ships coming out in the next few years that look to be quite impressive. As mentioned, they are a global company but with a smaller fleet they only sail a couple of ships from Florida in the US.

While I have taken a good few cruises on Royal Caribbean, I'm looking to branch out and MSC is on the top of my list that I want to try.

rated:
My mom is a 30+ year travel agent and she specializes in cruises. She says to stay away from MSC. For whatever that's worth to you..

rated:
yes, as you may wish to know what MSC is spelled out to know what your experience will be like, plus all
the massive undisclosed fees which somehow are not included in cruise pricing! 

rated:
Comboburrito said:   My mom is a 30+ year travel agent and she specializes in cruises. She says to stay away from MSC. For whatever that's worth to you..Ask her what the commission is for MSC and what it is for Carnival brands, Star brands, and RCI brands?

rated:
robsnyder20 said:   Ok it is the official real legit site but I cannot seem to get into choosing a stateroom on a couple different browsers.  Seems like a good deal 2 for 1 and decent prices.  I've never sailed with them but if I can go for 200 per person plus taxes and fees, I would be game on trying them out.
Sailed only once with MSC; As far as cruise lines go absolutely on the  on the bottom tier as far as food,cabins and decor. Service was as good as others.  Two for one?  Just a sales ploy;  Lots of great deals on Caribbean cruises out of Florida these days.

rated:
I also can't seem to get the "deal" that was implied. As somewhat else commented, the 399 is apparently per person. MSC's advertisement is misleading. Which tells me to stay away from them altogether.

rated:
Unfortunately that is how most cruise companies advertise their prices. Yes, nobody likes it - but with some research you can find good deals out there (just never trust ANY cruise company's advertised prices).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017