United Airlines has summer flights to various U.S. cities out of Chicago O'Hare Airport starting at $119.00.  Your actual flights cost will depend upon your destination. Includes taxes and fees.

Additional baggage chargesfees for other optional services, and restrictions may apply. Specific travel dates apply. Fare availability is capacity controlled. Fares are nonrefundable except as stated in the United 24-hour flexible booking policy and are subject to change at any time. Advance purchase may be required. All fares are subject to United's Contract of Carriage. Fares listed may be Basic Economy tickets which are subject to additional restrictions including, but not limited to: no seat selection or upgrades, no group or family seating, no full-sized carry-on bags and no flight changes or refunds except as stated in the United 24-hour flexible booking policy. Certain MileagePlus and MileagePlus PremierŪ member benefits are not available. 

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/content/deals/offers/Pages/from.aspx?origin=ORD

7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Read the fine print very, very carefully. Many of their low-ball fare offers are United's Basic Economy fare. I have tried it, and it was terrible. Even though I have advanced United Award status, because Basic Economy has NO seat change or selection, I got stuck in the last row, window seat and was refused any other of the dozens of open Economy (not Economy Plus) seats. The gate staff sneered at me and said "you got what you deserved!" The seats are assigned at the last minute, when you print your boarding pass, and it seems to me they assign the worst, least-desirable seats first, perhaps as some sort of perverse punishment? If you print your boarding pass in color, it has a large red Basic Economy flag on it too, which, I gather, is to alert the staff to prevent you from bringing on a piece of roll-aboard luggage. I have flown Continental and United around the world, and they've sunk to new lows. Anyway, be careful what you book. I received 2 or three semi-threatening emails after I booked the Basic Economy seat soliciting my cancellation, in fact! I guess that is what is considered "informed consent?"

rated:
Fares listed may be (most likely) Basic Economy tickets which are subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to: no seat selection or upgrades, no group or family seating, no full-sized carry-on bags and no flight changes or refunds except as stated in the United 24-hour flexible booking policy. Certain MileagePlus and MileagePlus PremierŪ member benefits are not available.

rated:
yes, trying to board the plane is now a nightmare as all the lucky large red Basic Economy flagged ticketholders are subject
to trying to cram whatever they are carrying into the new micro small metal bag measurement device ---just to see if there is more  $$ that can be
extracted  from these poor customers... while all the full payers get to watch this sad process in action

rated:
Nice price.

Basic economy is not bad, especially for United Chase holders.

Just know the rules. Don't be a typical Spirit flyer.. lol

rated:
joedaddy123 said:   Nice price.

Basic economy is not bad, especially for United Chase holders.

Just know the rules. Don't be a typical Spirit flyer.. lol

Cannot comment on Spirit, but Frontier and Jet Blue let you pay for your baggage in advance, and also upgrade seating and boarding options in advance. My experience with United's Basic Economy is they do not give you any pre-flight options at all. Very weird customer service decision, because United takes the opportunity to make the Basic Economy process intimidating and unfriendly. I'd have been willing to pay for a bag or restricted seat improvement in advance with my Basic Economy fare, but those features are completely locked down by United! By clawing through several different screens I did determine that my United Chase card entitled me to a checked bag, but not, apparently, a carry-on bag. United's strange decision to insist that families will be split up if Basic Economy is used is incredibly family-unfriendly. It almost guarantees families DARE NOT use Basic Economy.  Look: I've got over a million miles on American, and well over a half million on United, and tens of thousands on other airlines in the US, Asia, and Latin America. I KNOW what reasonable and polite customer service is, but, as currently configured, United's Basic Economy is a that BOTTOM of the heap. I've been Gold and Platinum on United, but their level of phone support is now threadbare, too, and many of the lounges have meager fare and some are threadbare. If they want to be an economy airline, that's fine: offer honest, customer-friendly service that's at least as good as those peer airlines.  Not surprised at all at the dreadful press and lawsuits United is earning for itself.

rated:
what's so great about $119 one way and up?

I post Frontier deals for $29 and up, Southwest deals for $49 and up (with free bags on SW).

NO DEAL here.

rated:
but  those deals "posted" are just repeats of   said: other  sites and]others hard work... this deal is RT as well as $533 to china

.]what's so great about $119 one way and up?

I post Frontier deals for $29 and up, Southwest deals for $49 and up (with free bags on SW).

NO DEAL here.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017