posted 2 months ago by
gently

When I saw these at Dollartree, I was doubtful. Dimmable LEDS are usually expensive !
So I bought a few to try.

They work fine -- no flicker or buzz, even with my old-fashioned dimmers !
So I went back and bought 15 (the limit) at a different Dollar Tree.

There is no sku. they are sold online at Amazon (low volume, but at least not "no name") for reviews.
A19 bulb.  3000K [fairly bright white] 9watts used   800 lumens
upc   635279453174

FWIW, they don't illuminate in my fixture until dimmer reaches about 50%, but then you can dial them back to a lower setting.
So ... the dimming is imperfect if you want "mood lighting", but just fine for most household places.

I don't see them online, but they were in stock in both Broomall PA and Norristown PA.

Folks like me grab 15 at a time (the limit), so probably best to act fast (and check store staff to see if there are more in the back) if you're interested !

7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
They had these at my Dollar Tree in TX but they were at the check out counter. I didn't even see them until I had paid for my order so took a couple and checked out again. Haven't use one yet to see how they work.

rated:
I have been using them for few months now and they have not given me any problems.

rated:

rated:
Sorry. I guess you're right -- in 11/16 there was a posting about dollartree LEDs. I didn't see it when I searched before posting.

Still, the fact that these are dimmable, and work fine in older dimmer circuits is worth noting.
The comments on that earlier post seem to indicate NOT dimmable for the bulbs at that time.

Dimmable bulbs are generally significantly more expensive than non-dimmable.

Anyway, they're in stock now, and there were no reports of that since March ...

rated:

rated:
They probably use steppers that activate or deactivate parts of the array of LEDs. Some newer filament style LED bulb function exactly like a regular bulb when dimmed but are more expensive. Non dim-able will flicker/hum or not turn on when dimmed.

rated:
tmc80tmc said:   They probably use steppers that activate or deactivate parts of the array of LEDs. Some newer filament style LED bulb function exactly like a regular bulb when dimmed but are more expensive. Non dim-able will flicker/hum or not turn on when dimmed.
  Teardown video of how they are made and work.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017