posted 2 months ago by
jskins
Still Blonde

Blue Apron is offering $32 Off First Order for first time customers through this link

How it works:

1. Our chefs and farmers work together to make food more sustainable and recipes more delicious.
  2. We send you higher quality food at a better value by cutting out the middle man and delivering ingredients at their freshest.
  3. You cook incredible meals from scratch with perfectly portioned ingredients and step-by-step recipes.

13 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I have just completed my first order and I can tell you it is worth every penny!! Food was awesome!!!! 

rated:
atlantagirl123 said:   I have just completed my first order and I can tell you it is worth every penny!! Food was awesome!!!! 
  I have heard good things!!

rated:
What is the minimum order?

rated:
buyingalot said:   What is the minimum order?
It depends on which option you choose. The Two-Person Plan serves 2 people and is $27.94 for 3 recipes the first week (after discount). The Family Plan serves 4 people and is $37.92 for 2 recipes the first week or $107.84 for 4 recipes the first week (after discount).

rated:
Recipes per week:
(EACH SERVES 4) Price per serving:$8.99 Weekly total:$143.84

4 meal for 4 persons for 143 $. i dont even spend 100 $ a week on food items for a family of 4 incl breakfast lunch and dinner. people have to learn to cook from scratch instead to buying overprices convenience products.

rated:
$32 Off First Order for first time!!!LOL!It is a great thing.

rated:
Isn't that their standard trial offer?

rated:
With Amazon entering this market plus nothing stopping local grocery stores from copying it I'm not sure how many of these existing meal delivery players will survive.

Amazon (and especially local grocery chains) have a logistical advantage that is tough to match, which means a price war may be coming.

rated:
I've heard good things so I'm giving it a shot. Thanks

rated:
Oceanone said:   Recipes per week:

4 meal for 4 persons for 143 $. i dont even spend 100 $ a week on food items for a family of 4 incl breakfast lunch and dinner. people have to learn to cook from scratch instead to buying overprices convenience products.

I think this is definitely a convenience service. When both parents work it can be hard to make meals from scratch (I'm tired!). So instead of popping in a pizza or making mac-n-chs this service provides higher quality meals with all the ingredients and recipes for an easier well rounded dinner. I am lucky because my husband is the cook in the family and can whip up meals from scratch quickly, even working 50+ hours a week but if I didn't have him, I would be a microwave mom and that is not the best thing for growing kids

rated:
I used this with the discount and it was AMAZING. My boyfriend cooked for me for the first time ever and it was pretty fancy. lol I cancelled the subscription once it went to full price, but if you're somebody who eats out a lot, this is a much healthier alternative and might actually save you money in the long run!

rated:
Last September, we used this service while my wife was recovering from eye surgery.  Our daughter bought us a gift certificate to use for this purpose.  Foods were great and delivered on time.

rated:
jskins said:   
Oceanone said:   Recipes per week:

I think this is definitely a convenience service. When both parents work it can be hard to make meals from scratch (I'm tired!). So instead of popping in a pizza or making mac-n-chs this service provides higher quality meals with all the ingredients and recipes for an easier well rounded dinner. I am lucky because my husband is the cook in the family and can whip up meals from scratch quickly, even working 50+ hours a week but if I didn't have him, I would be a microwave mom and that is not the best thing for growing kids

Truth be told, this is cooking from scratch. BA just collects all of the items for the dinner and has the menu set. For example, the potato comes whole and you still need to peel/dice whatever. same with vegetables and sometimes they are smaller than you would select for a family size meal and harder to work with. If you have no cooking skills, the recipes come with pre-measured spices that you might otherwise not use nor need to store a large container until it goes bad.
Definitely not cheap, but if you learn from their tips and have the time to plan meals, you will quickly decide that shopping and composing your own meals is not that time consuming and an art you will appreciate having acquired.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017