posted 11 days ago by
nowyouknow

Farberware Air Fryer $39.99 - free shipping.

• Air frying technology rapidly circulates hot air and provides uniform cooking
  • Cooks steak, roasted potatoes, vegetables and more
  • No oil smell, no splatter, no mess
  • Adjustable temperature control
  • 30-minute timer with auto shut-off
  • 2.5L food basket with nonstick coating

25 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I have one of these and they are great. It works best with "frozen" product but I use it for homemade chicken strips and whole breast and it cooks wonderfully.

rated:
How annoying are these to clean compared to a normal pot or pan?

rated:
ArmchairArchitect said:   How annoying are these to clean compared to a normal pot or pan?
  It's literally a tiny oven, so about the same as cleaning a toaster oven.

I would recommend using nonstick cooking sprays before using them to make cleaning easier. 

rated:
You also don't want to over stuff it (think French Fries). It can only cook a small bit at a time, so if you have a large family, you may need 2.

rated:
Pretty simple to clean and dishwasher safe.  I don't use a cooking spray with "frozen items" but I do with fresh items.

rated:
I picked up an AirFryer at goodwill (BNIB) for $30 a few months back and it works surprisingly well. Great for chicken strips, mozzarella sticks, and tater tots and fries are very tasty. Really easy to clean, just wipe down the drawer and wash the basket. Easier and much faster than preheating the oven and cleaning a baking sheet.

rated:
Does this really give effect of fry? I have heard from some people that have these say its not really the same at all.

rated:
How is this compared to using a toaster oven?

rated:
I have this exact model

IMHO, it is better than a toaster oven for many things. 
I use it mostly for frozen chicken tenders, french fries, egg rolls, Spring rolls, and things like that.
I get the best results by defrosting frozen things via microwave first, then using this air fryer to make them nice and hot and crispy.
It is very easy to clean, and cooks things much faster than my toaster oven.

rated:
Same price I paid on Black Friday in Anchorage.

rated:
I never had one before and I'd get this to cook with little or no oil, so this is really the ticket!

rated:
Got 1. Thanks OP!

rated:
I just thought I would use it very rarely

rated:
lucy66 said:   Is it easy to clean after cooking vegetables with oil? What's the main material of this Air Fryer?
  Pull out on the handle all the way out to clean.
It comes out as the basket in the main part, they separate easily to wash each

rated:
I never use oil, havent needed to, I do egg rolls, fries, onion rings and the like....

rated:
we haven't used a regular fryer in over 18 years. We have went through several of the NuWave ovens. We use it daily for anything we would normally fry. And using it just for heating instead of the microwave.
Since we already use our NuWave and would not stop using it, is there any reason to get one of these.

rated:
I have one ,and it works pretty good all the time

rated:
This stuff only fits for someone quite busy and multi tasks a lot, because most meals can be completed in 30 mins. But if you want to keep the original and regular Dish you made, its impossible.

rated:
jimates said:   we haven't used a regular fryer in over 18 years. We have went through several of the NuWave ovens. We use it daily for anything we would normally fry. And using it just for heating instead of the microwave.
Since we already use our NuWave and would not stop using it, is there any reason to get one of these.

No. NuWave covers it.

rated:
Newave  $120 +
The WM item $40

rated:
BMW $120 +
KIA $40

To each, his own.

Besides, the comment was directed to jimates, who already owns NuWave.

rated:
jimates said:   Since we already use our NuWave and would not stop using it, is there any reason to get one of these.

No. And I have used a NuWave clone daily for more than 5 years.

rated:
Fyi if you have a convection oven you already have an air fryer.

rated:
FYI...I have both and not really.

rated:
44.99 today

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017