posted 10 days ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 7K

Posted with ToGo

Amex Offer w/ $50+ Purchases at walmart.com $10 Credit (Valid for Select Cardholders)

http://www.amexoffers.com/ Savings will appear on your statement within 90 days after you make a qualifying purchase with your connected Card at a participating merchant.
American Express Corporate and prepaid cards (excluding registered American Express Serve® and Bluebird® Cards) are not eligible. Program terms apply.*An "eligible Card" means an American Express U.S. Consumer or Small Business credit or charge Card that is not cancelled and that is issued to you by a U.S. banking subsidiary of American Express. Prepaid cards and products, American Express Corporate Cards and American Express-branded cards or account numbers issued by other financial institutions are not eligible.

36 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
DETAILS

Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $50+ in one or more transactions online at walmart.com by 7/31/2017. Valid only at walmart.com. Valid on US website only. See terms for exclusions.

OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Offer valid only on walmart.com. Valid only on US website. Excludes online gift card reloads, corporate gift card purchases, phone orders, product care & tech support plans, Vudu purchases, and box subscriptions (such as but not limited to Babybox, and Beautybox). Excludes purchases on third party or affiliated websites linked with/from walmart.com (such as but not limited to Walmart Grocery, Walmart Contacts, Walmart Checks, Walmart Photo Services, Walmart Stationary, and Walmart Moneygram). See merchant website for shipping policy. Some merchants may not ship to all areas. Offer is non-transferable. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® online account. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 7/31/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CHEQ:0001

rated:
Sounds like it's good for actual gift cards (just not reloads).

I'm backed up with Sam's Club GCs from the last couple quarters of credit card bonus on warehouse clubs.

rated:
Any cash back sites work when buying gc?

rated:
Didn't get this one but I got $25 back on $125 at Jet.

rated:
My and My husband's orders for $50 egift cards were cancelled.  Has anyone successfully gotten an order through?

rated:
brooke789 said:   My and My husband's orders for $50 egift cards were cancelled.  Has anyone successfully gotten an order through?

Physical gift cards always work well for this promo.  walmart.com scrutinizes gift card purchases, though.  If ordering multiple gc's on multiple credit cards, order one and wait for it to ship, then order the next, etc.  I've got this offer on 4 amex cards and this is how I'll do it.  Has worked well for me in the past in terms of avoiding cancellations.  Good luck!

rated:
You have to figure that amex just got 10,000 orders for Egift cards this morning and the system is probably going to cancel most of them. I would suggest waiting a few days and then not ordering a whole bunch at one time.

rated:
I just placed an online order for a $50 physical Walmart gift card and I immediately got the "Great news! You just used your Amex Offer" confirmation e-mail from Am Ex, so looks like buying a Walmart gift card for this offer is a go.

As a reminder you only have two weeks, 3 days to order for this offer (until 7/31/17), so place your orders sooner than later.

rated:
parmenides said:   
brooke789 said:   My and My husband's orders for $50 egift cards were cancelled.  Has anyone successfully gotten an order through?

Physical gift cards always work well for this promo.  walmart.com scrutinizes gift card purchases, though.  If ordering multiple gc's on multiple credit cards, order one and wait for it to ship, then order the next, etc.  I've got this offer on 4 amex cards and this is how I'll do it.  Has worked well for me in the past in terms of avoiding cancellations.  Good luck!

me too

rated:
MrVietnam said:   I just placed an online order for a $50 physical Walmart gift card and I immediately got the "Great news! You just used your Amex Offer" confirmation e-mail from Am Ex, so looks like buying a Walmart gift card for this offer is a go.

As a reminder you only have two weeks, 3 days to order for this offer (until 7/31/17), so place your orders sooner than later.

Also, remember to use a cash back site. Today is the last day top cash back dot com is offering 7% cash back.

GCs are excluded from TCB.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
MrVietnam said:   I just placed an online order for a $50 physical Walmart gift card and I immediately got the "Great news! You just used your Amex Offer" confirmation e-mail from Am Ex, so looks like buying a Walmart gift card for this offer is a go.

Also, remember to use a cash back site. Today is the last day top cash back dot com is offering 7% cash back.

GCs are excluded from TCB.

Oh well. Worth a try anyways. Is there any cash back site that pays on gift cards?

rated:
parmenides said:   

Physical gift cards always work well for this promo.  walmart.com scrutinizes gift card purchases, though.  If ordering multiple gc's on multiple credit cards, order one and wait for it to ship, then order the next, etc.  I've got this offer on 4 amex cards and this is how I'll do it.  Has worked well for me in the past in terms of avoiding cancellations.  Good luck!

I ended up getting on chat with Walmart CS.  They issued a review of the cancellation and was able to order all 4 e-gift cards without issue after that!

rated:
brooke789 said:   
parmenides said:   

I ended up getting on chat with Walmart CS.  They issued a review of the cancellation and was able to order all 4 e-gift cards without issue after that!

From my experience, that is rare. Usually you at least have to wait a day before reordering. Often times I have to call them multiple times to resolve issues like this. Congratulations.

rated:
Can't remember: Can you use Walmart GC's to buy other GC's?

Thanks.

rated:
WM GC work at Sam's Club as well. Also they apprently work for Vudu .com credits: http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/183/~/where-to-u...

rated:
"in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it."

rated:
Thanks. It probably only matters that the charge shows up as "walmart.com ", but to be on the safe side I requested cancellation on all 3 of my orders and will reorder without going through a cash back site.

rated:
I didn't try to buy a gift card...but it's Wal-Mart. Of COURSE I found something I needed.

Note that you can spreads it out over multiple purchases, but purchases must be made online, not at the physical store.

Thanks, OP!

rated:
You could always buy something, anything and return it to the store for a GC.

rated:
Stubtify said:   You could always buy something, anything and return it to the store for a GC.
  Don't they put your return on the same payment card you paid on?

rated:
OMG I actually got this offer.

rated:
In my experience almost every store will offer you a gift card instead of crediting back.

I've been successful returning to gift cards at my Walmart. I just say it was a gift and I would prefer if I got a gift card so I didn't have to inconvenience the gift giver.

rated:
dang... wouldn't totally use this, but no go on my amex card

rated:
Got on AMEXcredit card. Ordered $50 gift card and then  AMEX immediately sent me confirmation of $10 back.
Great. Thanks.

rated:
With the propensity for Walmart accounts to get hacked, remember to either not save or delete your AMEX card after you get this offer.

rated:
Not offered on my Blue Sky or Blue Cash Everyday cards.

rated:
It appeared on my card everyday yesterday and today its missing? Why?

rated:
suncityrk said:   It appeared on my card everyday yesterday and today its missing? Why?
  Did you save it to your card yesterday?

rated:
I ordered 3 physical cards on 3 different Am Ex cards yesterday morning and now, 25 hours later, still have not received any updates on my order besides the initial order acknowledgement e-mail(cancellation, shipping notice, or anything). I guess since they were not immediately cancelled, they will be coming sometime.

rated:
Don't find this offer from both Amex cards

rated:
MrVietnam said:   I ordered 3 physical cards on 3 different Am Ex cards yesterday morning and now, 25 hours later, still have not received any updates on my order besides the initial order acknowledgement e-mail(cancellation, shipping notice, or anything). I guess since they were not immediately cancelled, they will be coming sometime.
I took advantage of a similar deal couple of years go and the GC arrived within a week but the order status (even today) is still showing as "shipping".
So there is hope.

rated:
I received $10 back on my Walmart$50 physical gift card purchase already on my AMEX account. Haven't actually received the gift card yet!

rated:
I received the $10 credit on all my cards. All physical cards arrived today via FDX.

rated:
pprogram said:   I received the $10 credit on all my cards. All physical cards arrived today via FDX.

Hmm, strange.  I added it on all my cards but they are all gone after I used it once.  Same with the BBY offer.  

rated:
great !

rated:
When they changed to the new interface, offers will disappear off your account if you use it on any other card saved to the same login. However, the offers are still there, you just need to log in to the old interface to see them. Use the link below to access the old interface. People have reported that as long as the offer can be seen on the old interface, that means it is saved and you will get the credit.

Old Amex Interface.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017