posted 2 months ago by
sixt7gt350

Marked as dimmable
700 lumens,
daylight or warm white (my store was out of daylight, but other stores locally had in stock)
$30 out the door, reliable Menards $10 rebate
https://www.menards.com/main/search.html?search=durabulb+20-pack&ipp=28 

11 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
* Rebates are provided in the form of a Menards® Merchandise Credit Check
valid towards purchases at any Menards® retail store. Not valid for purchases
on MENARDS.COM®.

I don't consider store credit to be the same value as cash, so it is not $1 per unit, a bit more.

But it is a great price even at $30. Too bad there are no Menards around me - they seem to have great offers all the time.

rated:
If you sell on eBay and need some bulbs for your photography these should work well.

rated:
nortotron said:   * Rebates are provided in the form of a Menards® Merchandise Credit Check
valid towards purchases at any Menards® retail store. Not valid for purchases
on MENARDS.COM®.

I don't consider store credit to be the same value as cash, so it is not $1 per unit, a bit more.

But it is a great price even at $30. Too bad there are no Menards around me - they seem to have great offers all the time.

Exactly. This is not a traditional rebate; you're really buying a gift card to be used on future IN-STORE-ONLY purchases. So actually a B&M-only deal too.

rated:
The 99 Cents Only stores in Houston have similar LED bulbs for $1 each. 60W equivalent in "warm" or "cool" light. They have plenty and have been carrying them for a few months now. Dimmable too.

The warm light is very similar to that from traditional incandescent bulbs.

rated:
Similar LED 60W-equivalent bulbs are being sold at Döllar Tree stores here (Wisconsin) two bulbs for a buck.

As for Menards ... when I have to buy anything from them I expect the worst.  e.g., I did the bathroom with tile from Menards.  I discovered it was seconds when I needed more and the local tile store compared the B&W seconds box from Menards to their own first quality full-color boxes.  Nowhere on the Menards box did it say "seconds" or "not retail quality."

rated:
If you buy this week you should be able to pick up a "price adjustment" rebate form from a store next week for 11% additional rebate due to next week's 11% rebate promotion.

rated:
DrKlahn said:   Similar LED 60W-equivalent bulbs are being sold at Döllar Tree stores here (Wisconsin) two bulbs for a buck.

As for Menards ... when I have to buy anything from them I expect the worst.  e.g., I did the bathroom with tile from Menards.  I discovered it was seconds when I needed more and the local tile store compared the B&W seconds box from Menards to their own first quality full-color boxes.  Nowhere on the Menards box did it say "seconds" or "not retail quality."

Honestly, I think most people realize the quality at a tile store is better than menards for everything. Menards is all about price not quality.
For instance, they sell a particular line of tile, i forget the name but you can purchase it all except trim and corner pieces. When I asked two stores about it they said it was discontinued. Walked to Lowes, they had it in stock.

Anyways, I saw these bulbs 2 days ago. They look really cheap. Like thin about to crack plastic. I'm sure they are strong and reliable but the shed or garage but I wouldn't use them in my house.

rated:
DrKlahn said:   Similar LED 60W-equivalent bulbs are being sold at Döllar Tree stores here (Wisconsin) two bulbs for a buck.

A large amount of the stock at Menards is seconds or off-brand garbage.  That's their general business plan.  They carry some name brand stuff, but mostly imported junk and reject materials.  These particular bulbs are probably a combination of both.

rated:
with the current 4x4 lumber $10,000,000 MISLABELING lawsuit even more $$ can be had from here and Home Depot

rated:
CheapBustard said:   If you buy this week you should be able to pick up a "price adjustment" rebate form from a store next week for 11% additional rebate due to next week's 11% rebate promotion.

Down to $16.69, with the 11% rebate on top of the sale and item-specific rebate.

I'm at Menards about 3x per week, so as in-store credit and super-reliable turn-around make their rebates as good as cash to me.

rated:
idajean223 said:   with the current 4x4 lumber $10,000,000 MISLABELING lawsuit even more $$ can be had from here and Home Depot
  This is laughable.. It’s in Wikipedia’s definition of a 2×4 : “Two-by-four, a common size of dimensional lumber named for its unprocessed dimensions, usually measuring 1½ × 3½ inches in practice.” 
http://www.finehomebuilding.com/2017/06/22/lawsuits-seek-damages...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017