Avatar
posted 2 months ago by
jpessin3
Senior Member

This deal has multiple parts:

1) Go to retailmenot and set up an account. Make sure the email address on the account is the same as you email address on your paypal account. (If you don't have a paypal account, set one up first)

2) Once you have your account at retailmenot, search under Staples. There is an offer for $15 back thru paypal on purchases of $75 or more for Staples. You will enter the Staples website using the link on the retailmenot page (credit goes to johnrolfe for finding this)

3) At Staples, add the TI-84 plus CE graphing calculator for $89.99 to your cart. Then add any other item(s) that total $10.01 or more to put you over $100.

4) Now checkout using Visa Checkout, which has a deal at Staples for $25 off $100. Do this sooner than later, as the Visa Checkout deal won't last long.

The math works out as follows: $89.99 + $10.01 filler =$100 -$25 = $75 - $15 back from retailmenot = $60

4760 Views
24 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
rated:
jpessin3 said:   This deal has multiple parts:

1) Go to retailmenot and set up an account. Make sure the email address on the account is the same as you email address on your paypal account. (If you don't have a paypal account, set one up first)

2) Once you have your account at retailmenot, search under Staples. There is an offer for $15 back thru paypal on purchases of $75 or more for Staples. You will enter the Staples website using the link on the retailmenot page (credit goes to johnrolfe for finding this)

3) At Staples, add the TI-84 plus CE graphing calculator for $89.99 to your cart. Then add any other item(s) that total $10.01 or more to put you over $100.

4) Now checkout using Visa Checkout, which has a deal at Staples for $25 off $100. Do this sooner than later, as the Visa Checkout deal won't last long.

The math works out as follows: $89.99 + $10.01 filler =$100 -$25 = $75 - $15 back from retailmenot = $60

And none of the parts requires you to purchase said item.

 

rated:
bpvh said:   
jpessin3 said:   This deal has multiple parts:

1) Go to retailmenot and set up an account. Make sure the email address on the account is the same as you email address on your paypal account. (If you don't have a paypal account, set one up first)

2) Once you have your account at retailmenot, search under Staples. There is an offer for $15 back thru paypal on purchases of $75 or more for Staples. You will enter the Staples website using the link on the retailmenot page (credit goes to johnrolfe for finding this)

3) At Staples, add the TI-84 plus CE graphing calculator for $89.99 to your cart. Then add any other item(s) that total $10.01 or more to put you over $100.

4) Now checkout using Visa Checkout, which has a deal at Staples for $25 off $100. Do this sooner than later, as the Visa Checkout deal won't last long.

The math works out as follows: $89.99 + $10.01 filler =$100 -$25 = $75 - $15 back from retailmenot = $60

And none of the parts requires you to purchase said item.

 

  The point of the post was that you can get a TI calculator for $60.

rated:
It's not $60 unless the $15 back from retailmenot is in cash, check, or Visa card.

rated:
myisland said:   It's not $60 unless the $15 back from retailmenot is in cash, check, or Visa card.
  It's back through Paypal. Of course it will be cash.

rated:
Thanks OP. In 4 1.

rated:
I got the last few items on my son's back-to-school supply list with the $10.01 "filler" so the way I figure it, I just scored a $50 graphing calculator that was "the recommended model" on his school list!!! $90 - $25 - $15 = $50!!! And love that the retail-me-not cash will go to PayPal because I'll just send it to the bank :-D You're AWESOME OP!!! Green to you )))

rated:
FWIW I've found TI-83/84 regularly at the local church thrift store for less than $5 each. Some people just dump them there when their kids no longer need them.

I've never seen any TI calculators at Goodwill; I'm assuming if they get one they sell it through a third party (which they seem to do for some goods where I live).

Worth a trip if you have such a store nearby.

rated:
TI must have a lobbyist sleeping with the Teacher's Union boss.  My kids had to have not only a specific $100+ TI calculator, but it had to be a different one every friggin year of high school.  At one time I had a drawer full of barely used, expensive, TI calculators.  And I've never known anyone to use them in real life.  

rated:
They still charge this much for this antiquated piece of technology? Should be no more than $10 considering the components/technology.

rated:

rated:
Thanks Dude, it worked great!

rated:
Can't confirm the math until I get the thing.

rated:
They made in store only now

rated:

rated:
smoeke said:   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Revsoft.Wabbitemu 


Here, save a lot of money:

 

  How does it save you money when high schools do not allow you to use that on a test?

rated:
Oh wow, I placed an order on Sunday morning and i just received the email saying the item is out of stock and order will be cancelled. How many people are experienced the same thing? Staples' online order is horrible!

rated:
dordori said:   Oh wow, I placed an order on Sunday morning and i just received the email saying the item is out of stock and order will be cancelled. How many people are experienced the same thing? Staples ' online order is horrible!
  same here, black TI-84 OOS and canceled, looks like the filler items get returned to store....

rated:
jpessin3 said:   
smoeke said:   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Revsoft.Wabbitemu 


Here, save a lot of money:

 

  How does it save you money when high schools do not allow you to use that on a test?

  Not to mention AP exams.

https://apstudent.collegeboard.org/takingtheexam/exam-policies/c...

 

rated:
bpvh said:   
jpessin3 said:   This deal has multiple parts:
 

And none of the parts requires you to purchase said item.

 

No it does not but look at the title of the post
Anyway this deal appears to be dead.

rated:
NotYourMomma said:   
dordori said:   Oh wow, I placed an order on Sunday morning and i just received the email saying the item is out of stock and order will be cancelled. How many people are experienced the same thing? Staples ' online order is horrible!
  same here, black TI-84 OOS and canceled, looks like the filler items get returned to store....

  My order of a white one was canceled too. Not happy.

rated:
An alternative - but its $10 more than TI and B&M
https://www.staples.com/Casio-PRIZM-Graphing-Calculator-FX-CG10/...

rated:
The TI-84 plus CE is still available in store at $89.99 but has a limit of 2; however, you will not be able to use the visa checkout to get it. Ignore the store inventory on the Staples website as it is never correct. My local store had at least 5 of the pink ones even though the website said the store had none available.

As to the cancellations, I can't say I am shocked as Staples has done this before. I ordered mine for in store pickup so I'm guessing that is the reason they didn't cancel mine. I agree there is no reason why Staples can't have a real time inventory in their system and not allow their website to sell more than they wanted to sell at the sale price. (It is not that they don't have them in stock, as I can guarantee you they will be available on their website again next Sunday morning once the sale is over.)

rated:
jpessin3 said:   The TI-84 plus CE is still available in store at $89.99 but has a limit of 2; however, you will not be able to use the visa checkout to get it. Ignore the store inventory on the Staples website as it is never correct. My local store had at least 5 of the pink ones even though the website said the store had none available.

As to the cancellations, I can't say I am shocked as Staples has done this before. I ordered mine for in store pickup so I'm guessing that is the reason they didn't cancel mine. I agree there is no reason why Staples can't have a real time inventory in their system and not allow their website to sell more than they wanted to sell at the sale price. (It is not that they don't have them in stock, as I can guarantee you they will be available on their website again next Sunday morning once the sale is over.)

  Yeah, how do they not have these stockpiled with a new school year coming up? BS

rated:
It's a scam, folks. Don't be bamboozled by the flim-flam man. Tell 'em to get lost.  Oldest trick in the book, see?

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017