posted 2 months ago by
mnt_71

Amazon has for their Prime Members Masterbuilt 30-in. Black Electric Digital Smoker on sale for $139.99 with Free Shipping!

• 730 sq. inches of cooking space with 4 chrome-coated racks and 800 watt heating element
  • Digital temperature and timer controls
  • Thermostat temperature control for even cooking from 100 to 275 degrees F
  • Convenient side loading wood chips, removable drip pan and top air damper
  • Ideal smoker for all experience levels

Received 4.4/5 stars based on 4,036 customer reviews on product page. Also, rated #1 Best Seller in Outdoor Fryers & Smokers

4 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I have this model - its a great smoker!

rated:
This is an OK basic smoker as it comes from the factory. We have had one for several years. Unfortunately, it is hard to get a lot of smoke flavor (common problem with electric smokers that use a tray of chips for smoke)

However, if you buy the smoke generator from masterbuilt, it adds an incredible amount of smoke. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008DF6WWE
It is listed as a "cold smoker". It works great as a cold smoker - but if you use it with the heat element, it is an incredible "hot" smoker. Adds wonderful flavor. We have used it on butts, brisket, ribs, etc. Almost as good as one of our big $1000 pellet smokers, and less than $200 total.

rated:
I used this smoker twice and both times I can taste Creosote in the food. It's been put away since. Followed all directions correctly in manual.  What am I doing wrong or what are you doing right? Any help would be appreciated.

rated:
Electric smoke? Don't, unless you like rubbery food and dont like smoke flavor all that much. For the same money you can buy many gas fired or charcoal smokers that will deliver much better food. A $150 weber can be converted into quite a smoker too. Check out Amazingribs.com grill buying section for quality information.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017