BUY 3 EVOL BREAKFAST SANDWICHES, $1.99 EACH

TO BE SAFE, buy each 3 as it's OWN ORDER, and submit for $7 rewards card.

32 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Target clearance thread.
rated:
Has anyone done this yet? What form is the reward card? Visa. MC or EVOL products? Thanks

rated:
pprogram said:   Has anyone done this yet? What form is the reward card? Visa. MC or EVOL products? Thanks

It is a bank card, that you use on anything, not sure who the issuer is though. (likely Visa)

rated:
I did this deal last week. What they give you is a MasterCard that you print out on paper worth $7. My gas station wouldn't accept it and neither would the CVS store near my house. I don't really blame them because it's just never anything that I've seen before and neither had they. I tried to add it to my Amazon gift card balance but it didn't work because first you have to add the Mastercard account number to your Amazon account and then buy the $7 worth of credit. The problem is that Amazon does not request the 3-digit CVC code from the MasterCard and the promotion sponsor will not approve any charge that does not include the 3 digit code. The only thing I've come up with so far is paying my eBay seller fees when the balance reaches $7? I believe you can also buy a CVS gift card of any amount on their website. Does anybody else have ideas on how to liquidate the $7 prepaid Mastercard online?

rated:
Another caveat: I bought three of the Evol frozen dinners and presented three paper coupons worth a dollar each. Only the beef bowl was considered a valid use for the coupon. The register would not accept the other two coupons even though they were three different Evol frozen dinners. Finally the girl just removed all three items and tried them one at a time to figure out which coupon it would accept. So then she scanned the beef bowl 3 times and then the three coupons went through okay. Don't expect your cashier to be so helpful. It may require a trip to customer service. This is not the first time I've had trouble using Evol coupons on their products. You can eventually get credit at the customer service desk but it just adds more time and bother to your shopping trip.

rated:
maynard7 said:   I did this deal last week. What they give you is a MasterCard that you print out on paper worth $7. My gas station wouldn't accept it and neither would the CVS store near my house. I don't really blame them because it's just never anything that I've seen before and neither had they. I tried to add it to my Amazon gift card balance but it didn't work because first you have to add the Mastercard account number to your Amazon account and then buy the $7 worth of credit. The problem is that Amazon does not request the 3-digit CVC code from the MasterCard and the promotion sponsor will not approve any charge that does not include the 3 digit code. The only thing I've come up with so far is paying my eBay seller fees when the balance reaches $7? I believe you can also buy a CVS gift card of any amount on their website. Does anybody else have ideas on how to liquidate the $7 prepaid Mastercard online?

I just apply the value to my cell phone bill or cable bill by paying online or over the phone. it works. $7 is $7.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   BUY 3 EVOL BREAKFAST SANDWICHES, $1.99 EACH

TO BE SAFE, buy each 3 as it's OWN ORDER, and submit for $7 rewards card.

Thanks for the deal, MC. I will go to Target and try ti now. As for the $1/1 coupon and 2 prints per PC, actually because it is a Smartsource.com coupon, it is two prints per web browser on your PC (so I got two prints with Firefox, two with Chrome, etc.) Makes it so you don't need as many computers to max out this deal. And if you use icognito or private web browsing I think you can get more than two using the same browser.

Question about Target Cartwheel. If I buy 9 items (3 in a transaction), is the Target Cartwheel good for only one purchase or may I reuse the Cartwheel bar code and get 25% off my other purchases, too?

The Cartwheel offer is not only for EVOL breakfast sandwiches, but also for burritos (frozen breakfast).

rated:
Just back from Target and I got shot down trying to use 3 printables in one transaction. I was trying to buy 3 $3.49 steak burritos. The cashier was nice and friendly, but she wanted to ask her supervisor before she even rang up the first coupon to make sure she wouldn't get into trouble. Target is getting really fussy about coupons these days. A supervisor came over and looked at my 3 unique printables and said she could only accept one because the offer number is the same on all the coupons. I told her but the PIN is different so they are unique prints. She wouldn't budge, so I took her name and title and I will call Target corporate to find out exactly what their coupon policy is. Who knows? From what the previous poster posted maybe the coupon would have beeped anyway even if it was scanned. I looked at the Target coupon policy and no where do I see any reason why I should not have been able to use my printables.

EDIT: I just got off the phone with corporate customer service. The first corporate rep I talked to hung up on me (hopefully not purposefully - we weren't even arguing). The second time I called I got someone else and she gave me a case number and took down the supervisor's name and told me I could go back to the store and have them at least ring the coupons and if they go through they must take them. She said let the register decide. I asked her what if she still wouldn't scan the coupons. Then she said to call her back from the store. What a pain in the ash this is turning out to be.

P.S. For any of you going the burrito route for this offer, the $3.49 steak burrito is a big burrito. At my Target they also had a smaller $1.99 burrito with egg whites and spinach inside.

rated:
Does anyone even know if the breakfast burritos even qualify for the rebate? Has anyone bought burritos and got their rebate? I notice on the rebate form it says, "Buy any 3 packages..." Usually you don't think of a single burrito as a package. I think more in the line of a box being a package.

rated:
I'm back, continuing my conversation with myself. I went to another Target and bought three $1.99 breakfast burritos. The $1 coupon did not work. The register said "no matching item found" even though the coupon was for ANY EVOL product. The cashier was nice enough to manually enter the coupons as Target coupons, so with Cartwheel I paid only $1.47 for the three burritos and I instantly got a $7 rewards card. It turned out to be 3 free burritos and a $5.53 MM. The cashier took my Cartwheel printout and said it was a one-time use coupon. So to answer my question in my above post, yes, breakfast burritos count for the $7 rebate.

I want to do the deal again, but I am afraid I won't get a cashier as nice as my last cashier. The coupons are kind of whacky. They say for any EVOL product but it comes up no matching item found. In order to use the Cartwheel again, do I have to have a different Target.com account or can I use the same bar code printout again? What is the limit on how many times you can use it?

Can anyone let me know if the $1 coupon comes up "no matching item found" when used for buying $1.99 breakfast sandwiches. I know it doesn't work for $1.99 breakfast burritos.

I guess even without the $1 coupon and just using the 25% off Cartwheel, it still means 3 free burritos and a $2.52 MM, so you really can't lose.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
Can anyone let me know if the $1 coupon comes up "no matching item found" when used for buying $1.99 breakfast sandwiches. I know it doesn't work for $1.99 breakfast burritos.

Answering my own question here. Yes, the $1 coupon comes up "no matching item found" in the $1.99 breakfast sandwiches, too.

rated:
I did this offer 3 times yesterday and got 3 $7 Virtual Cards, but today when I tried to use them online to pay my Internet bill or to buy Amazon. com gift cards, they wouldn't work! I e-mailed their customer service and am awaiting a reply. I wonder why they would issue a Virtual Card that doesn't work? Be forewarned. For the rest of you who earned Virtual Cards from this deal, are they working?

rated:
MrVietnam said:   I did this offer 3 times yesterday and got 3 $7 Virtual Cards, but today when I tried to use them online to pay my Internet bill or to buy Amazon. com gift cards, they wouldn't work! I e-mailed their customer service and am awaiting a reply. I wonder why they would issue a Virtual Card that doesn't work? Be forewarned. For the rest of you who earned Virtual Cards from this deal, are they working?

Same issue Mr. V.  Wonder if there's a lag time in them activating them for use. makes no sense, unless they have it restricted to work at certain merchants/categories.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
MrVietnam said:   I did this offer 3 times yesterday and got 3 $7 Virtual Cards, but today when I tried to use them online to pay my Internet bill or to buy Amazon. com gift cards, they wouldn't work! I e-mailed their customer service and am awaiting a reply. I wonder why they would issue a Virtual Card that doesn't work? Be forewarned. For the rest of you who earned Virtual Cards from this deal, are they working?

Same issue Mr. V.  Wonder if there's a lag time in them activating them for use. makes no sense, unless they have it restricted to work at certain merchants/categories.

Well, MC, I e-mailed their customer service a few hours ago. Heard nothing back yet. I will give it a day. Maybe you are right. Maybe there is a lag time activating the card. I'll see how and if customer service replies. I was going to do the offer again using a different name, e-mail address, etc., but if it is so hard to get credit the first time around I may rethink that strategy.

rated:
Just tried again to pay an online bill with my $7 Rewards cards and still they don't work. This is about 18-19 hours after I received them. My e-mail to customer service still has not been answered. What's going on?

rated:
I got my electronic rewards card e-mail a few weeks ago and have been unable to use the card. It's a promotion meant for failure and low redemption. I tried using it on Amazon and since they put a $1 temp charge on the card when you add it to your card list it will deny the $7 transaction for insufficient balance. Customer service replied and said to wait a week for the temp charge to refund and try again. I did that and tried to use it at Target yesterday for exactly $7 and it was denied again. I wrote directly to Evol asking for a refund and to suggest not working with this company using e-gift rewards. Physical gift cards are much better.

rated:
DropDeadDeal said:   I got my electronic rewards card e-mail a few weeks ago and have been unable to use the card. It's a promotion meant for failure and low redemption. I tried using it on Amazon and since they put a $1 temp charge on the card when you add it to your card list it will deny the $7 transaction for insufficient balance. Customer service replied and said to wait a week for the temp charge to refund and try again. I did that and tried to use it at Target yesterday for exactly $7 and it was denied again. I wrote directly to Evol asking for a refund and to suggest not working with this company using e-gift rewards. Physical gift cards are much better.

but will cost them ~$.40 more per mailing, and probably a much higher rate of redemption. it might be a failure in your eyes, but a success to the guy running the rebate scheme

rated:

Did you do this more for the MM or the food, and have you tried any yet? I believe I tried one of these once, and the taste of cardboard is jumping out in my mind. I like $15 & free food, but not sure I want to buy Tylenol for the headache I'll get trying to do it (and use valuable freezer space that could be devoted to ice cream, lol)

rated:
EVOL Frozen Breakfast sounds good.

rated:
DropDeadDeal said:   I got my electronic rewards card e-mail a few weeks ago and have been unable to use the card. It's a promotion meant for failure and low redemption. I tried using it on Amazon and since they put a $1 temp charge on the card when you add it to your card list it will deny the $7 transaction for insufficient balance. Customer service replied and said to wait a week for the temp charge to refund and try again. I did that and tried to use it at Target yesterday for exactly $7 and it was denied again. I wrote directly to Evol asking for a refund and to suggest not working with this company using e-gift rewards. Physical gift cards are much better.
  I thought this might be the case (the $1 temporary hold), but even when I try to make a payment of $6 it still doesn't go through. I find it very convenient (for them at least) that they leave you no way to access online the cards transactions or authorizations as most prepaid Mastercards do. I think I will call directly to the Evol company headquarters and ask to be sent my $21 owed me. This smells like a scam.

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   

Did you do this more for the MM or the food, and have you tried any yet? I believe I tried one of these once, and the taste of cardboard is jumping out in my mind. I like $15 & free food, but not sure I want to buy Tylenol for the headache I'll get trying to do it (and use valuable freezer space that could be devoted to ice cream, lol)

I did the deal for the MM. I agree with you. After doing this "deal" and trying it, the actual food is edible, but does not taste very good (at least the burritos).

rated:
Just got back this e-mail response from TPG Rewards:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please note that some services or retailers that save your card details will not require CVC when using the card, which will cause the card to not be able to process the transaction as it requires a CVC check in order to be used.

Please make sure that the card's CVC is asked at the time of purchase.

We would recommend that you try using your card for online purchases at online retailers except Amazon. Please note that these cards cannot be swiped and thus might not be able to be used at certain physical retailers. Please find below a few tips on how you can successfully use your card online.

When entering the billing address please be sure that you are entering the address you used during the redemption process. You may use your name for the cardholder's information. Also, virtual cards cannot be used for amounts greater than the value of the card. Please try using a retailer that accepts MasterCard.

Best,
TPG Rewards

Anybody have any suggestions where to try to use this card? I can't pay a utility bill with it because the utility companies don't ask for the CVC number. I can't use it at Amazon. com. Can't use it in-store anywhere.. What's left?

If anyone wants to contact EVOL corporate directly, their phone number is  877-852-7424. I just called them and the consumer relations agent took down my information. I told him how the cards were coming up invalid and I requested they send me a $21 check instead. He said he would escalate my concern and someone would contact me today about the issue.

rated:
Does anyone know of any large online retailers (such as Walmart) that allow you to buy an e-gift card in which you can select any amount of your choosing and require you to enter the CVV number from your credit card when purchasing? I tried Walmart. They require you to enter the CVV number but they only let you choose the amount in multiples of $5 (for example, $5, $10, etc). Target also lets you choose an amount but like Walmart, you have to choose a multiple of $5. If I were to buy an e-gift card for $5 at Walmart, in effect I would be losing $2 as the card's value is $7.

They make it so hard to spend these Rewards cards I bet a lot of people don't redeem them. Maybe the company is counting on a low redemption rate and that is why they make it neatly impossible to redeem them.

Still have not heard back from EVOL after I called this morning to escalate my concern. They said someone would reply either by e-mail or phone TODAY, but as of yet (5:11 PT) no one has.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   Does anyone know of any large online retailers (such as Walmart) that allow you to buy an e-gift card in which you can select any amount of your choosing and require you to enter the CVV number from your credit card when purchasing? I tried Walmart. They require you to enter the CVV number but they only let you choose the amount in multiples of $5 (for example, $5, $10, etc). Target also lets you choose an amount but like Walmart, you have to choose a multiple of $5. If I were to buy an e-gift card for $5 at Walmart, in effect I would be losing $2 as the card's value is $7.

They make it so hard to spend these Rewards cards I bet a lot of people don't redeem them. Maybe the company is counting on a low redemption rate and that is why they make it neatly impossible to redeem them.

Still have not heard back from EVOL after I called this morning to escalate my concern. They said someone would reply either by e-mail or phone TODAY, but as of yet (5:11 PT) no one has.

What about adding your card to your PayPal acct. and then using as payment for something. They require a cvv so it should work as long as the address you registered matches.

rated:
can you use it as a form of payment on eBay?

rated:
Still no reply to my e-mail and call from yesterday morning to EVOL customer service. Yesterday the rep said someone would be in contact with me yesterday. That clearly didn't happen.

rated:
I just tried  AMZN Gift Card Balance Reload" with the $7 MC virtual rewards card, and it appears to have worked,

rated:
goldsheet said:   I just tried  AMZN Gift Card Balance Reload" with the $7 MC virtual rewards card, and it appears to have worked,
 I tired to pay my Internet bill and it wouldn't work for me. I tried to buy a $7 Amazon gift card a few days ago and it wouldn't take my MC Virtual card.

rated:
deleted

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
goldsheet said:   I just tried  AMZN Gift Card Balance Reload" with the $7 MC virtual rewards card, and it appears to have worked,
 I tired to pay my Internet bill and it wouldn't work for me. I tried to buy a $7 Amazon gift card a few days ago and it wouldn't take my MC Virtual card.

I did it about 30 minutes ago.
Maybe due to all of the complaints they removed the CVC requirement.
You may wish to give it another try.  

rated:
goldsheet said:   
MrVietnam said:   
 I tired to pay my Internet bill and it wouldn't work for me. I tried to buy a $7 Amazon gift card a few days ago and it wouldn't take my MC Virtual card.

I did it about 30 minutes ago.
Maybe due to all of the complaints they removed the CVC requirement.
You may wish to give it another try.  

I just tried though to pay my Internet bill with it (and that does not require the CVC), but when I tried to pay it said it was an invalid card. I will try Amazon again. I will do a reload like you instead of buying a gift card to see if that makes a difference. Has anyone else very recently had success using their virtual card on Amazon. com? I have a large credit banked in my Amazon account, so I don't want to try too many times with an invalid credit card because they might think I am trying to pull a fast one and close my account and I wouldn't want to lose all my banked credit.

rated:
Today (7/22/17)  I tried to imitate what you did with no luck. At first it makes you think it went through, but later I found out otherwise:

Thank you, your reload order is placed
$7.00 will be added to your account
Amount charged $7.00
Payment method used MasterCard ending in 1604

We are currently processing your order using your MasterCard ending in 1604. Your balance should be updated in less than 5 minutes. An email confirmation has also been sent to you.

A few minutes later I got this e-mail:

Greetings from Amazon. com,
We're writing to let you know that the payment for your Amazon Gift Card Balance Reload has been declined.
The issuing bank may have declined the charge if the name, expiration date, or ZIP Code you entered at Amazon. com does not exactly match the bank's information. Since we cannot process payment at this stage, we have cancelled the following order:    Amazon Gift Card Balance Reload
   Order # : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Order Date  7/22/17
Amount : $7.00

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We encourage you to reload your balance using an alternative payment instrument.

I wonder why it evidently worked for you, but not for me. Strange.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
Today (7/22/17)  I tried to imitate what you did with no luck. At first it makes you think it went through, but later I found out otherwise:

Thank you, your reload order is placed
$7.00 will be added to your account
Amount charged $7.00
Payment method used MasterCard ending in 1604

We are currently processing your order using your MasterCard ending in 1604. Your balance should be updated in less than 5 minutes. An email confirmation has also been sent to you.

A few minutes later I got this e-mail:

Greetings from Amazon. com,
We're writing to let you know that the payment for your Amazon Gift Card Balance Reload has been declined.
The issuing bank may have declined the charge if the name, expiration date, or ZIP Code you entered at Amazon. com does not exactly match the bank's information. Since we cannot process payment at this stage, we have cancelled the following order:    Amazon Gift Card Balance Reload
   Order # : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Order Date  7/22/17
Amount : $7.00

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We encourage you to reload your balance using an alternative payment instrument.

I wonder why it evidently worked for you, but not for me. Strange.

Sorry it is not working for you.
Could it possibly be something to do with the name, expiration date, or zip code instead of the CVC ?

I did another submission about an hour ago
Got the code 20 minutes ago, reloaded Amazon gift card, and it worked again.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017