posted 1 month ago by
fl0werp0wer
Senior Member - 1K

Hugger 52 in. LED Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan - $33.97 when you use coupon code CEILINGFANS2017 (was $39.97) at Home Depot. Get free in-store pickup or free shipping on $45+

4.2/5 stars based on 1,097 customer reviews. 

Available in brushed nickel or white!

• Reversible walnut and maple blades
  • Brushed nickel complements many interior accents
  • Dome style light kit with frosted opal glass
  • Uses one 9-watt LED medium base bulb, included
  • Designed for interior use only
  • Flush mount application for low ceilings
  • Multi-capacitor for quiet operation and maximum air movement
  • For most rooms up to 14 ft. x 14 ft.
  • Lifetime motor warranty
  • Energy efficient

5 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Is the fan motor energy-star compliant?

rated:
Purchased 2 last time they were $35. Nice fans for the price.

rated:
Be aware that Home Depot sells (or at least used to sell) a number of ceiling fans that have unusual light bulbs that are not readily available at your local hardware or discount store and, rather inexcusably, Home Depot does not carry them either. I've got a Home Depot house brand ceiling fan that uses two sorts of bulbs on upper and lower light globes, and Home Depot carries neither bulb, nor does any local store, but I've found them in limited supply on Amazon.

Also, if you have not bought a ceiling fan in a decade or more, you need to be aware that the electrical code standards for such electrical fixtures have changed remarkably and some sort of silly namby-pamby types have decided that old-style ceiling fan light fixtures that had adequate numbers of bulbs of adequate strength to light up a medium or larger room are fire hazards, environmentally unsound, kill baby seals, dolphins and kittens, politically incorrect, or otherwise "really, really bad!" Today's ceiling fans utilize smaller quantities of small, low-wattage, low-lumens bulbs that will not adequately light a significant sized room. I really don't understand how it was not possible to just add a few dollars more worth of shielding or safety circuitry to make the ceiling fan safe with more powerful, adequate lighting.

rated:
It says $59 for me.

Edit: nevermind, I switched to desktop and now it says $40. Must be desktop-only. 

rated:
lousygolfer said:   Be aware that Home Depot sells (or at least used to sell) a number of ceiling fans that have unusual light bulbs that are not readily available at your local hardware or discount store and, rather inexcusably, Home Depot does not carry them either. I've got a Home Depot house brand ceiling fan that uses two sorts of bulbs on upper and lower light globes, and Home Depot carries neither bulb, nor does any local store, but I've found them in limited supply on Amazon

Also, if you have not bought a ceiling fan in a decade or more, you need to be aware that the electrical code standards for such electrical fixtures have changed remarkably and some sort of silly namby-pamby types have decided that old-style ceiling fan light fixtures that had adequate numbers of bulbs of adequate strength to light up a medium or larger room are fire hazards, environmentally unsound, kill baby seals, dolphins and kittens, politically incorrect, or otherwise "really, really bad!" Today's ceiling fans utilize smaller quantities of small, low-wattage, low-lumens bulbs that will not adequately light a significant sized room. I really don't understand how it was not possible to just add a few dollars more worth of shielding or safety circuitry to make the ceiling fan safe with more powerful, adequate lighting.

Thanks to California's title 24 energy code

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017