Shop Your Way has this new (?) program that you can get magazine subscriptions 100% free after SYW points (basically you pay for the magazine subscriptions first and they give you 100% back in SYW rewards at a later point), but they allow you to fill out a form and send it in to them along with a copy of your picture ID and NOT have to subscribe to any magazines. The form needs to be filled out and returned to them by 7/29/17 along with a copy of your photo ID to receive $39.95 back in points. You will receive your points in monthly installments over the next twelve months. Please allow 60 days for your first allotment of points to be awarded to your account. Limit one points request per household per year.

When you do the math ($39.95/12) I suppose you will get a credit of $3.33 in points to your SYW account each month for a year. Each year you can mail in another form and continue the monthly credits (given that they are still in business, of course). I suppose they mean the $39.95 is divided up over a year or you might get $39.95 each month for a year. The way they word it is open to interpretation.

To download your form, please copy and paste this link: http://www.kmart.com/en_us/dap/Synapse-points-request-form.html 

I would recommend copying and pasting the link because once yoiu click on the link SYW recognizes you as a Fat Wallet member: "Welcome FatWallet Member. Savings await. Enjoy!"

15 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Kmart & Sears $5 off $50 coupon thread.
rated:
Weird.

On first look I thought you were advocating scamming them but sure enough it says: "If you do not wish to purchase a magazine subscription but would still like to receive $39.95 in points, please print and complete this form as directed below by 7/29/17."

Heres the normal magazine deal for 100% back in points:
https://www.shopyourway.com/magazinerewards/shop-your-way-magazi...

rated:
jerosen said:   Weird.

On first look I thought you were advocating scamming them but sure enough it says: "If you do not wish to purchase a magazine subscription but would still like to receive $39.95 in points, please print and complete this form as directed below by 7/29/17."

Heres the normal magazine deal for 100% back in points:
https://www.shopyourway.com/magazinerewards/shop-your-way-magazine-rewards

I don't scam.

rated:
Odd. Photo ID like a student or work ID? Or a drivers license and can I cross out my drivers license number or other info besides my name and address? The form doesn't say.

rated:
Looking strongly like this may be a phising scheme by Synapse Group, the distributor of the magazines.  The PO box is for Synapse Group, not Shop Your Way.  Check out the number and type of complaints they have against them for fraudulent activity.

rated:
I dunno, Synapse....but the form is on the actual Kmart website

rated:
macguy said:   Odd. Photo ID like a student or work ID? Or a drivers license and can I cross out my drivers license number or other info besides my name and address? The form doesn't say.

I wonder the same..I don't feel comfortable sending my Drivers License to a Utah PO Box

rated:
Worth the risk for points in a program that's going to go belly up with the rest of Sears Kmart in the very very near future? Surely we all remember the waning days of CyberRebate...

rated:
anything Kmart or Sears is pure TOXICITY

rated:
I wouldn't want a copy of my ID with this company. Why not just my SYW number or email corresponding to my SYW acct?

rated:
formosangirlthegreat said:   I wouldn't want a copy of my ID with this company. Why not just my SYW number or email corresponding to my SYW acct?

Simplest answer is that they don't want people signing up more than once. In another posting, I read that this magazine company is known to be sketchy when it comes to cancelling magazines, and you are best to be using a temporary CC # when dealing with this company, not that it is required for this deal. I wonder if the fine print mentions anything about if Sears goes belly up.   I wonder if they will throw a stink if I black out my DL #? Don't care about any other info on it

Thanks MrV. 

rated:
Bumping as the submission deadline keeps getting pushed out.

rated:
Am not sure if Sears would be around in a year from now. That said, we have been saying this for more than three years now and they are hanging around like "never say never".

rated:
Xanthuos said:   Bumping as the submission deadline keeps getting pushed out.
 Yes, deadline to mail submission is now August 12, 2017.

rated:
tsanju said:   Am not sure if Sears would be around in a year from now. That said, we have been saying this for more than three years now and they are hanging around like "never say never".

Forgot to send in for this. Will do tomorrow. Thanks for the bump

I have to think the Amazon deal will really help them, well relative to any other idea they have that is. People will buy the appliances because they are Alexa enabled, and potentially installation as well, which should should help as those are both higher margin retail categories. If I had one of their service people at my house, I'd be more inclined to ask the washer any questions over the repairman. At least it will give you honest answers.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
Xanthuos said:   Bumping as the submission deadline keeps getting pushed out.
 Yes, deadline to mail submission is now August 12, 2017.

Deadline now changed to August 19, 2017.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017