posted 1 month ago by
mariaflor

Royal Caribbean Cruises from $499.00 7 days Alaska
https://cs.cruise.com/cs/forms/CruiseDetails.aspx?skin=001&hotde...

11 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
When I click on the website, it doesn't show that price, only higher.

rated:
There are multiple dates listed. The price listed is there, you just have to scroll down a bit. This is the advertised price on royal's site directly as well. Any travel agent should be able to match, and throw something extra in.

rated:
Now if only flights to get up there weren't so expensive.

rated:
hillestadk said:   There are multiple dates listed. The price listed is there, you just have to scroll down a bit. This is the advertised price on royal's site directly as well. Any travel agent should be able to match, and throw something extra in.
  travel agents still exist??

rated:
As soon as I update my state info it raises the prices. Guess RC charges different rates by state.

rated:
saintpauljeff said:   
hillestadk said:   There are multiple dates listed. The price listed is there, you just have to scroll down a bit. This is the advertised price on royal's site directly as well. Any travel agent should be able to match, and throw something extra in.
  travel agents still exist??

haha they do...Actually, I am one if you need anything LOL

rated:
Allofus123 said:   As soon as I update my state info it raises the prices. Guess RC charges different rates by state.
Many cruise lines offer discounts for residents of the state of departure (or otherwise nearby the departure port), seniors, repeat customers, etc. 

rated:
That rate is very YMMV. Try to select it, it will ask for your state, I put in CA, and it jumped to $666. (Yikes the devil number!)

Also you need to add $210 in taxes (I didn't see port fees, so I guess the 666 includes it)

So for me it really was $876, not $499

rated:
Allofus123 said:   As soon as I update my state info it raises the prices. Guess RC charges different rates by state.
  Sometimes certain states receive a discounted rate while others may not ... a common practice where cruiselines are trying to drive traffic from a certain state.  Generally you never have to prove your are a citizen, though if it doesn't match your ID they may ask questions (and you could be on the hook for the undiscounted rate before they let you board).

Remember that prices quoted are generally per person assuming double occupancy and do not include taxes/fees and gratuities.

rated:
Rates for any state is still 499 as long as you click on non refundable rates checkbox below the state.
The 499 rate is based on double occupancy, so it is 666 + 332 = 998 for 2 people + Taxes and fees.
for CA state resident here is what I see:Your Reservation SummaryFri, Sep 1, 2017Depart:Fri, Sep 8, 2017Return:Royal Caribbean Int.Cruise Line:Radiance of the SeasShip:7 Days Alaska-Inside PassageDescription:Guests:2 AdultsDeparture Airport:Cruise OnlyCategory:Guaranteed Interior ZPricing1) Cruise Fare$666.00(1) Cruise Fare$332.00(2) Government Fees$432.42*EST. TOTAL$1,430.42On Board Credit$100.00

rated:
In case you don't know, Royal Caribbean is not any good any more. They have become the new budget cruise line and worse then Carnival.

They have gotten to the point that they have pinched pennies at every NOOK, cranny, and thing of the vacation experience and it plainly "sucks" now that your a victim of cost savings.

Highly Recommend to save your money and book some other cruise line.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017