posted 1 month ago by
tightpapa
Wacky Member

If you need 18v B&D batteries this is cheaper than buying them individually.
brickseek only shows as low as $45.88
https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=45913260

10 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
one should not be buying this, even if it is for replacement batteries. just a horrible investment. go an replace the tool instead.

rated:
I still have couple B&D 18V drills and they still work fine. I would buy this just for the batteries.

rated:
It's a very good price, but these have been in stock for a long time at our local Walmart. I bought the set about a year ago and was disappointed. The batteries don't have much power and don't hold a charge very long.

rated:
Nicad batteries can actually go bad sooner if left connected to the charger all the time because nicad & NIMH chargers usually don't shut off 100% at full charge, and continued trickle charging will cause shorts to grow inside the battery cells.  Just use the batteries normally and let them run down quite a bit but not completely, and recharge once they've cooled down.

rated:

rated:
If your old batteries are dead, you can swap guts with these units at Harbor Freight. I've done three. Much cheaper ($16.99 - coupon), but it does take a little time and soldering skills. https://www.harborfreight.com/18-volt-nicd-replacement-battery-6...

rated:

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   one should not be buying this, even if it is for replacement batteries. just a horrible investment. go an replace the tool instead.
  I have the FireStorm version of the drill. No difference from this one, from what I can see.  I used it to remodel a kitchen, 2 bathrooms, 2 porches. Also build a deck with it. Dozens of other smaller projects.  Still working fine

What is your issue with the drill?

rated:
harlock001 said:   
MeIsCheap said:   one should not be buying this, even if it is for replacement batteries. just a horrible investment. go an replace the tool instead.
  I have the FireStorm version of the drill. No difference from this one, from what I can see.  I used it to remodel a kitchen, 2 bathrooms, 2 porches. Also build a deck with it. Dozens of other smaller projects.  Still working fine

What is your issue with the drill?

Probably someone who can afford DeWalt stuff all the time.

Cheap stuff breaks faster, that's about it.

rated:
it doesn't handle as good as DeWalt for sure...... it's light duty at best, perfectly fine for assembling Ikea stuff and hanging things around the house but I wouldn't count on it for bigger projects. Once you use DeWalt and how it could just get you out of a jam with its more powerful motor and handling you'll never go back.
I've done this deal just for the batteries because I have other B&D 18V stuff collected over time, namely the leaf blower, an alligator looper, a trimmer, a hand vac, and an agitator plus a flashlight. the other brand new drill was just never used but I think i might throw away the old one now since it's starting to feel "lose" somehow. something i'm sure the DeWalt wouldn't have a problem with.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017