posted 1 month ago by
beawareindn

T-Mobile has this deal on Iphone 7 coming up this weekend. You can get $300 back on rebate with a trade-in. I have an old Iphone 6 that barely works. I was going to wait for Iphone 8 this fall but with all the rumors that it might be over $1000 and it might not come out till December. I might jump on this deal. Current T-Mobile users are eligible for this deal I believe.

https://www.t-mobile.com/offer/apple-iphone-deals.html?icid=WMM_...

Let me know what you guys think

15 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Aug. 21, 2017 @ 5:26am
rated:
Any idea whether this can be combined with the free iphone SE offer?

rated:
T-Mobile reliability for me has been awful in the past month.   Flipping from 4G to G to E, dropping calls.   Too bad because they have been great for about 2 years prior,  and just recently started running into network problems.

If you do purchase consider the return policy in case you see similar problems. 

rated:
Just chatted with an online agent. She said she did not see why not.

In store deal, though.

rated:
My iPhone 5s is not eligible... Disappointed. Only qualified ones for the trade in are the 6 and 6s and their Plus versions.

rated:
so three different versions from three different stores. As usual, HQ did not give their own stores a straight story. But all boils down to this:

You get a part of $300 upfront as a trade-in value - depending on the phone you have. I think OP said he had a "barely working 6" - might be a good trade in this case. But regardless, larger portion of that amount (in my case a 64GB 6s fetches $155 in trade-in value) is going towards taxes and fees; the rest of it will be given as service/bill credit. Then, in 6-8 weeks, you will get a balance as a debit card. Of course, you can apply it to the total cost of the new phone and reduce total amount owed. But in essence, you still are getting a 7 for 649$ over 24 months - $26/month - same thing if you were getting it off TMO website direct.

Again, if you have a dinky 16GB 6 that barely works - it seems a good deal. In my case, 64GB 6s trends at about $400 on eBay - better off getting a 7 straight off TMO site, selling my 6s and applying that money to the total.

rated:
dimdur said:   so three different versions from three different stores. As usual, HQ did not give their own stores a straight story. But all boils down to this:

You get a part of $300 upfront as a trade-in value - depending on the phone you have. I think OP said he had a "barely working 6" - might be a good trade in this case. But regardless, larger portion of that amount (in my case a 64GB 6s fetches $155 in trade-in value) is going towards taxes and fees; the rest of it will be given as service/bill credit. Then, in 6-8 weeks, you will get a balance as a debit card. Of course, you can apply it to the total cost of the new phone and reduce total amount owed. But in essence, you still are getting a 7 for 649$ over 24 months - $26/month - same thing if you were getting it off TMO website direct.

Again, if you have a dinky 16GB 6 that barely works - it seems a good deal. In my case, 64GB 6s trends at about $400 on eBay - better off getting a 7 straight off TMO site, selling my 6s and applying that money to the total.

My store at the end of the day is giving me 300 for my Iphone 6 plus 64gb.  partial in trade in value and the remainder to total the 300.00.  I m buying the iPhone 7 Plus at TMobile full retail and then I will get the 300.00 debit card that I will then pocket if I buy the phone outright or apply towards my bill if I choose to finance

rated:
Update. I ended up getting the T-Mobile Iphone 7 256 gb (memory upgrade promotion) for $749 with a Iphone 6 16gb trade-in.

The only problem was, they ran out of Iphone 7 256GB in-store. The guy in-store initially told me I can't order the phones in-store and still get deal. I called T-Mobile Customer care and they said as long as the phone was ordered in-store, you are eligible for the promotion. So, I am hoping the phone gets shipped to me in the next couple of weeks and then I have 14 days to trade-in my Iphone 6. I will keep you guys updated.

High-yield: $750 - $300 trade-in for Iphone 7 256 GB. (I was able to combine both promotions)

rated:
beawareindn said:   Update. I ended up getting the T-Mobile Iphone 7 256 gb (memory upgrade promotion) for $749 with a Iphone 6 16gb trade-in.

The only problem was, they ran out of Iphone 7 256GB in-store. The guy in-store initially told me I can't order the phones in-store and still get deal. I called T-Mobile Customer care and they said as long as the phone was ordered in-store, you are eligible for the promotion. So, I am hoping the phone gets shipped to me in the next couple of weeks and then I have 14 days to trade-in my Iphone 6. I will keep you guys updated.

High-yield: $750 - $300 trade-in for Iphone 7 256 GB. (I was able to combine both promotions)

So you don't have to trade-in the iphone at the time of purchasing the iphone 7? 14 days to mail in?

rated:
golgo1313 said:   
beawareindn said:   Update. I ended up getting the T-Mobile Iphone 7 256 gb (memory upgrade promotion) for $749 with a Iphone 6 16gb trade-in.

The only problem was, they ran out of Iphone 7 256GB in-store. The guy in-store initially told me I can't order the phones in-store and still get deal. I called T-Mobile Customer care and they said as long as the phone was ordered in-store, you are eligible for the promotion. So, I am hoping the phone gets shipped to me in the next couple of weeks and then I have 14 days to trade-in my Iphone 6. I will keep you guys updated.

So you don't have to trade-in the iphone at the time of purchasing the iphone 7? 14 days to mail in?

Yes, you can "differ" it. The online agent said 14 days. The instore person said 30 days.  

rated:
spark911 said:   

My store at the end of the day is giving me 300 for my Iphone 6 plus 64gb.  partial in trade in value and the remainder to total the 300.00.  I m buying the iPhone 7 Plus at TMobile full retail and then I will get the 300.00 debit card that I will then pocket if I buy the phone outright or apply towards my bill if I choose to finance

If you are buying a 7+ full retail - then 6+ will fetch you more than 300 if you decide to sell it yourself. But whatever works, I guess.

rated:
is real?

rated:
What about a cracked screen iPhone 6? Got one of those.

rated:
T-Mobile just upgraded the iPhone offer it now includes iPhone 5 5S 5c SE.

I just traded my 5S from the Walmart/Straight Talk deal for $50 in for a $300 credit towards my iPhone 7.

Awesome deal!

rated:
how quickly can you get this phone unlocked.  I want to use it on cricket and i would like to discontinue service as soon as possible and just pay for the phone?

rated:
Worst time to buy an iPhone 7 even with this discount. iPhone 7S/8 to be announced in less than a month.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017