posted 1 month ago by
ragingwookiee
Senior Member - 8K

Posted with ToGo

Costco Members: Microsoft Surface Book Bundle With Surface Dock - Intel Core i5
$999.97
https://www.costco.com/Microsoft-Surface-Book-Bundle-With-Surface-Dock---Intel-Core-i5-.product.100307138.html 

• 13.5" Touchscreen PixelSense? (3000 x 2000) Display
  • Wireless-AC + Bluetooth 4.0
  • Stereo Speakers with Dolby Audio Processing
  • 2x USB 3.0

8 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Aug. 23, 2017 @ 6:20pm
rated:
Think you forgot a 9.

rated:
You missed $900.

rated:
chromey said:   Think you forgot a 9.

Thanks for the HU - my bad.

rated:
Good price. Items ending in .97 at Costco are typically discounted at the local level to help clear out season or otherwise slow-selling merchandise. I've noticed online .97 prices are similar 'clearance' type deals...though the prices are sometimes less than compelling.

rated:
There's also an option to add Square Trade warranty for $99. It offers 3 year drop and spill protection. How does that compare to Microsoft Complete for $249 and 2 years?

rated:
Dang it! How I wish I had a fatwallet right now.

rated:
eddyrodrigue said:   There's also an option to add Square Trade warranty for $99. It offers 3 year drop and spill protection. How does that compare to Microsoft Complete for $249 and 2 years?

Costco automatically extends the manufacturer's warranty to 2 years on the purchase of a PC.
If you use a Costco Citi VISA card you get an additional 2 years on top of that so 4 years total.
Guess it's an individual decision if you think you need anything on top of that.
My experience with warranties like Square Trade is that they only kick in after the manufacturer's warranty has expired but not sure how that works and/or compares if you are trying to add drop and spill protection.

rated:
geezlouise said:   
eddyrodrigue said:   There's also an option to add Square Trade warranty for $99. It offers 3 year drop and spill protection. How does that compare to Microsoft Complete for $249 and 2 years?

Costco automatically extends the manufacturer's warranty to 2 years on the purchase of a PC.
If you use a Costco Citi VISA card you get an additional 2 years on top of that so 4 years total.
Guess it's an individual decision if you think you need anything on top of that.
My experience with warranties like Square Trade is that they only kick in after the manufacturer's warranty has expired but not sure how that works and/or compares if you are trying to add drop and spill protection.

Came here to say this.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017