Avatar
posted 26 days ago by
EntertheDeals
Cranky Member

https://www.dailysteals.com/collections/just-added/products/lg-g...

  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 with (integrated) 1.8 GHz 64-bit Hexa-Core CPU 
  • Network: GSM Quad Band/UMTS Tri Band/LTE 
  • Frequencies: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/1700/1900/2100, LTE Bands 2/4/5/12/17/29, Roaming 1/3/7, and CA 
  • Data Transmission: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+, LTE 
  • Battery Capacity: 3,000 mAh 
  • Total Internal Memory: 32 GB (up to 22 GB usable) 
  • MicroSD Memory Slot: Supports card up to 2 TB 

*Will NOT work with Sprint, Verizon, or other CDMA carriers.

3005 Views
13 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Aug. 21, 2017 @ 5:25am
rated:
My second LG G4 is still working after my first boot looped.  Once this one boot loops I am done with LG.

rated:
ForSpud said:   My second LG G4 is still working after my first boot looped.  Once this one boot loops I am done with LG.
  You were able to fix your boot looped phone?

rated:
Warranty: 90 Day Warranty

Packaging: Hassle-Free (Packaging was opened for unlocking purposes)

rated:
Within the first year under warranty, my G4 was repaired 2x for the boot loop issue. As much as I love my G4, LG is too unreliable

If you are going to get an LG, make sure it had at least a one year warranty.

rated:
I had one of these. Died while listening to Spotify a couple of days ago. DO NOT recommend. (POS.)

rated:
Boot loop only affected the early production units. But who knows what these are.

This is a really excellent phone. The camera is fantastic, superior to all iPhones except 7+. Best price in December 2016 was $240 new.

I dropped mine on ceramic tile bare, no case. This floor has consistently broken everything dropped on it. But the G4 lives on with a small nick in the back corner.

G4's do have a reputation for slowing down inexplicably after a year of use.

Mine almost immediately updated to Android 6 when turned on. Maybe that problem went away too.

EDIT: corrected typo

rated:
My wife is on her second G4, first boot looped, second started acting really flaky, she is using a ZTE ZMax Pro as a temporary replacement, she likes the ZTE better.

At 80 or 90 the G4 is a bargain, at 150 there are more reliable options.

ETA: The LG Stylo 3 would probably be a better value, if you are determined to have previous generation. flagship model I have a Samsung S6 that has been very solid, those can be found on Swappa or eBay for a similar price.

rated:
The G4 camera is fantastic--for $150 I don't think you could buy anything new/current that would match the image quality coming out of the G4 even though the G4 was released ~2 years ago.  In fact, I just bought a "grade b" used T-Mobile G4 (model H811) for $100 because I wanted a good camera for a trip, and I was not disappointed.  This particular model they seem to be selling seems to be the Sprint LS991 version if you look at one of the pictures closely.  If you are happy with the factory-installed OS, this should be fine.  Ah, one nice thing is that LG will be releasing an Android 7 Nougat upgrade for the G4 in the near future (it has already rolled out in some parts of the world).  Whether Sprint decides to act on that, and push it out to their LS991 base, well, who knows.

If you want to try alternative ROMs, you should shoot for either the T-Mobile G4 version (the H811) or the Euro G4 version (H815) because the bootloaders are readily unlockable.  Note that while this model is "unlocked", it is only network-unlocked, not bootloader-unlocked.  You need to have the bootloader unlocked to load alternative OS ROMs like LineageOS (formerly CyanogenMod).  If that is not of interest, and you are happy with the Sprint ROM, this is not even a consideration.
 

rated:
verbage said:   The G4 camera is fantastic--for $150 I don't think you could buy anything new/current that would match the image quality coming out of the G4 even though the G4 was released ~2 years ago.  In fact, I just bought a "grade b" used T-Mobile G4 (model H811) for $100 because I wanted a good camera for a trip, and I was not disappointed.  This particular model they seem to be selling seems to be the Sprint LS991 version if you look at one of the pictures closely.  If you are happy with the factory-installed OS, this should be fine.  Ah, one nice thing is that LG will be releasing an Android 7 Nougat upgrade for the G4 in the near future (it has already rolled out in some parts of the world).  Whether Sprint decides to act on that, and push it out to their LS991 base, well, who knows.

If you want to try alternative ROMs, you should shoot for either the T-Mobile G4 version (the H811) or the Euro G4 version (H815) because the bootloaders are readily unlockable.  Note that while this model is "unlocked", it is only network-unlocked, not bootloader-unlocked.  You need to have the bootloader unlocked to load alternative OS ROMs like LineageOS (formerly CyanogenMod).  If that is not of interest, and you are happy with the Sprint ROM, this is not even a consideration.

  Thanks for info - I'll give it a try. Have LG Flex 2 and love the phone, the size and curve design, but camera is mediocre. Hope G4 will serve me for at least a year. By the way, this is deff not Sprint model - from the description -"*Will NOT work with Sprint, Verizon, or other CDMA carriers. "

rated:
freaby said:   By the way, this is deff not Sprint model - from the description -"*Will NOT work with Sprint, Verizon, or other CDMA carriers. "
Yeah, I saw that statement, but one of the images shows it is model LS991, which is the Sprint version.  But I think you are right, and they just put up whatever picture was available.  After some more investigation, I think this is probably the LG G4 H810 AT&T version given the listed frequencies.  The LG website (see http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-H810-Metallic-Gray-g4#tech-specs ) lists the H810 frequencies as "GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/1900/2100, LTE Bands 2/4/5/12/17/29, Roaming 1/3/7, and CA" whereas this unspecified model says it supports "GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/1700/1900/2100, LTE Bands 2/4/5/12/17/29, Roaming 1/3/7, and CA".  The only difference is the missing 3G UMTS 1700 MHz frequency.  These frequency descriptions are much closer than that of the H811 (T-Mobile), VS986 (Verizon), LS991 (Sprint), and the other international models like the H812 and H815.  If this is truly the H810 AT&T version, I don't think bootloader unlocking is possible.  Whatever the case, it's the same great camera in all of the different carrier models.  

rated:
Here's one other possibility to consider.  This is supposedly new and has only a 90-day warranty for $150 total.  If this is indeed the H810 AT&T version, well, on eBay you can buy a new (but open box) H810 for $130 and get a 1-year warranty for $20 bringing the total up to the same $150.  Here's a potential link without too much searching:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-G4-H810-32GB-Metallic-Gray-AT-T-Unlocked-4G-LTE-Smartphone-LN-/172086343125
So for those hesitant about a 90-day warranty, maybe this is a good alternative?

rated:
verbage said:   
freaby said:   By the way, this is deff not Sprint model - from the description -"*Will NOT work with Sprint, Verizon, or other CDMA carriers. "
Yeah, I saw that statement, but one of the images shows it is model LS991, which is the Sprint version.  But I think you are right, and they just put up whatever picture was available.  After some more investigation, I think this is probably the LG G4 H810 AT&T version given the listed frequencies.  The LG website (see http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-H810-Metallic-Gray-g4#tech-specs ) lists the H810 frequencies as "GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/1900/2100, LTE Bands 2/4/5/12/17/29, Roaming 1/3/7, and CA" whereas this unspecified model says it supports "GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/1700/1900/2100, LTE Bands 2/4/5/12/17/29, Roaming 1/3/7, and CA".  The only difference is the missing 3G UMTS 1700 MHz frequency.  These frequency descriptions are much closer than that of the H811 (T-Mobile ), VS986 (Verizon), LS991 (Sprint ), and the other international models like the H812 and H815.  If this is truly the H810 AT&T version, I don't think bootloader unlocking is possible.  Whatever the case, it's the same great camera in all of the different carrier models.  

  After all, you were right - received my phone today and ... it is Sprint phone .. Very unhappy about it, will send it back

rated:
Yikes, that's weird--the listed frequencies for this unspecified model of the G4 are almost identical to the H810 AT&T version, certainly not the Sprint version.  While we assumed that they grabbed pictures of a random G4 model (in this case, the Sprint LS991) and the  description was good, the opposite seems to be true.  Though it will be a hassle to return it, at least you have good cause--you can say the frequency description was completely incorrect.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017