posted 28 days ago by
harisachanandani

Just a heads up. My phone broke and I went to Costco to see what they have as replacement and saw that right now they are trying to clear out the inventory of all of the iPhone 6s and SE for T-Mobile to make room for the new mode coming out in September.

So for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus the offer is $400 back as Costco cash card  as Mail in Rebate and for the SE is $250 back as Costco cash card essentially making both models $150 + tax which is pretty good considering you get no activation fee and a battery pack for free as well. Also that promo is for new and EXISTING T-Mobile customers.

Now the bad news is that the offer is valid in store ONLY and most of the stores are out of 6s. However around me there are few stores with 6s Plus left and SE so YMMV on that part. Also the cash cards as per the terms and conditions should arive within 14 weeks.

So obviously the deal will need some work and will not be suitable for everyone but if you are in the market for a iPhone it's pretty good especially if you can find the model you need.

21 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Aug. 23, 2017 @ 9:00am
rated:
this is interesting  deal. reading fine print but not exactly clear about it.  will this work for existing tmobile customer who DOES NOT want to alter their current phone plan?

rated:
My experience with Costco has always been good, you can take almost anything back without a lot of debate within 3 months.

rated:
OOS in Alhambra, CA

rated:
wiru said:   this is interesting  deal. reading fine print but not exactly clear about it.  will this work for existing tmobile customer who DOES NOT want to alter their current phone plan?

I spoke to a rep while at Costco today - this works for T-Mobile's post paid plans, even ones that are grandfathered in.
Other forums are saying that only 16GB 6s+ are left, and even those are scarce.

rated:
geezlouise said:   
wiru said:   this is interesting  deal. reading fine print but not exactly clear about it.  will this work for existing tmobile customer who DOES NOT want to alter their current phone plan?

I spoke to a rep while at Costco today - this works for T-Mobile 's post paid plans, even ones that are grandfathered in.
Other forums are saying that only 16GB 6s+ are left, and even those are scarce.

thanks . I called few Costco in my area, looks like all out of stock.  closest one is Costco santa cruz still had 5pcs 6+ left about an hour ago. 

rated:
Does anyone already have have an iphone 6S+ 16 GB for a while and think the storage space is unmanageable?
Thinking of getting one for my teenage daughter, and willing to drive a distance to get one.  However, thinking we will regret it.  Other than if there is a great trade in during black Friday, she'll h ave this phone for a couple+ years.  She has a Note 3 32GB right now that is almost full.  However she could manage putting pics/videos on the cloud (dropbox, Google photos).  I'm thinking that might get old if she is stuck clearing space every few days...

rated:
After how long can i unlock it?

rated:
yardleyrod said:   After how long can i unlock it?

Posters on another forum are saying that the phone has to be activated on T-Mobile for 40 days before they will unlock it for you.

rated:
I have a 16G iphone 6.  The kid had a 16G also and now she has a 128G Iphone 6S.  She hated the 16G.  It is too small now a days.  I would not get another 16G Iphone. 

rated:
Can you check online if the phones are in stock in a local store or do you need to stop in or call. I know you're not supposed to call by my closest Costco is about an hour away.

rated:
thanks op. work for me

rated:
agree with 16gb being too little. wont have much space left after ios install, one reason I didn't pull the trigger as I need to drive 2 hours to get it.  you can not check online for inventory but you can call. however, you'll have to call the individual kiosk inside Costco. you can find that number by calling respective Costcos. good luck. 

rated:
16 gb is too small as most apps are updating with higher memory requirements. Forget about taking any photos also.

rated:
16GB is useless...they should have never made a 16GB 6s...

rated:
If I take this deal to T-Mobile store will that honor the same price?

rated:
Does existing T-Mobile customer have to open additional line to get this promo?

rated:
docjoo said:   Does existing T-Mobile customer have to open additional line to get this promo?
  No need to open new line. Phone is locked to T-Mobile but might be able to be unlocked after 40 days. I believe the deal ended yesterday

rated:
There is a niche for 16GB ... tends to be older people who are persuaded to get an iPhone or given as a gift to a grand parent, people who aren't technology savvy and into installing lots apps, donwloading music, and shooting video.  It also serves the purpose of enticing you in for an iPhone starting at $XXX but then you end up spending $100-200 more for extra storage space because you can't possibly live with 16GB

rated:
I sold off a 16GB Apple device to a guy doing iOS programming, he used it for testing. For practical purposes, 16GB is really usable for about 9-10GB, so a few pictures and movies can fill it up over time, add in an app or two and maybe some music and cache, not worth buying as a daily phone unless you are just using it as a phone and maybe a web surfer and 1 or 2 apps. Spend the extra money for at least 32GB, resale value is better too.

rated:
Is the deal still available? Site mentions till 7/31

rated:
If deal is gone, there will be more. Phones are soon 2 generations old and have too little RAM to be very useful. Carriers happy to sell as a budget phone to hook you on service.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017