posted 27 days ago by
hossinmanpirate

Not a smart TV; only 60hz, but pretty good deal considering the gift card. Free shipping too!
http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/accessories/apd/a8497651

5 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Dell Home coupon thread.
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOVIES AND HOME THEATER, HOT DEALS. — Aug. 23, 2017 @ 11:54pm
rated:
Thank you! I used two $50 gift cards. This is perfect for a overnight rental, plus getting a $150 gift card.

rated:
Thanks OP.
FYI, 1080P only, not 4K.

rated:
this is a great TV,,dont know why anyone needs 4K

rated:
trumpthegreat said:   this is a great TV,,dont know why anyone needs 4K

Famous quotes, anyone? "I don't know why anyone would need more than 640K", "THe world needs maybe 80 computers" ....

Since the eye detects resolution not by dpi but by the angle subtended, at a close enough distance you can see the difference between 720P and 1080P, 1080P and 4K and so on. Since our TVs are more than 10 ft away I cannot make out the difference (resolution, not other aspects like brightness, contrast, color etc) between 720P and 1080P, leave alone 4K. Hence no 4K TVs (yet) in our home. However my monitors are about a foot away and hence 4K and 2560x1440 resp. Same reason why my phone is 2560x1440 and laptop is 3200x1800.

The TV not being 4K was for just FYI for anyone that would care, just as some TV manufacturers have conveniently removed the tuner in their TVs and now call them displays (correctly so) but many people don't realize timely and need an external tuner/device. HTH

rated:
Dell has terrible customer service, which is too bad, because this is a great deal otherwise. I ordered a TV from them for a gift. They never delivered, insisted that they had, and wouldn't refund me, even though the tracking information showed that it had left their warehouse and then returned there without ever getting to me. After 4-5 hours on the phone over a few calls, I disputed the charge and let American Express take over. Never again.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017