posted 23 days ago by
smokeycatrules
Happy Member

Posted with ToGo

2017 Topps Baseball Complete 705 Card Factory Set Fanatics $49.99 + free shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Topps-Baseball-Complete-705-Card-Factory-Set-Fanatics-Authentic-Certified-/362018131030 

Authentic Certified. Includes 5 card pack of rookie variations.

14 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
So would this worth much in say 25 years?

rated:
2cheap2eat said:   So would this worth much in say 25 years?
  The complete set?  Maybe 10-15 bucks.  If there are any outstanding rookies that go on to incredible careers, their cards individually could wind up worth more than the entire set together.

rated:
The rookie cards are the winners. Lucky to get one that gives a good return.
I get a set every year for the grandson. Maybe he'll strike it rich.

rated:
my 1987 topps investment didn't go so well

rated:
 Well, its keeping you Beanies Babies company in the attic.

In a few  years Bitcoins will join them

rated:
lilstabber said:   my 1987 topps investment didn't go so well
  Sucker...you needed to wait for 88 Donruss to go all-in...sitting on about 150 Gregg Jefferies rookies, baby!

rated:
Glacierwolf said:   
2cheap2eat said:   So would this worth much in say 25 years?
  The complete set?  Maybe 10-15 bucks.  If there are any outstanding rookies that go on to incredible careers, their cards individually could wind up worth more than the entire set together.

Lol, I don't think that's how economics works...

rated:
Infinite42 said:   
  Sucker...you needed to wait for 88 Donruss to go all-in...sitting on about 150 Gregg Jefferies rookies, baby!

My Eric Anthony 1990 upper deck rookie cards will pay off one day

rated:
Don't you mean 87-2000, Topps, Donruss, and Fleer?

rated:
lilstabber said:   
Infinite42 said:   

My Eric Anthony 1990 upper deck rookie cards will pay off one day

Seitzer, Williams, Nolan Ryan Error, etc, etc.

rated:
The volumes of these things that get printed ensures none will ever be worth anything. They prey on people with selective memory bias who see stories about 1960s cards in the attic being worth thousands.

Less and less people care about baseball, more and more people buy and hold these sets assuming there will be a market.

There wont.

There are also dozens of companies that print cards now, further watering down the market. Aaron Judge has probably 15 to 20 "rookie" cards in 5 different variations.

Look at any Beckett and you'll see that almost no card printed since the 60s is worth more than a few bucks with a few exceptions. Kids are playing with phones and video games, not trading baseball cards with their friends and sticking them in bicycle spokes, so nearly every card printed will remain in circulation in mint status in perpetuity

rated:
Infinite42 said:   

I spent most of my allowance on Gary Sheffield rookies.  Not doing too much better.  We should have bought a couple shares of Apple stock instead.

rated:
I wonder if the Yankees Judge is included?

rated:
Might be a good find if Judge was included.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017