Star Wars Smart R2-D2 Walmart Exclusive
$34.99
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Star-Wars-Smart-R2-D2-Walmart-Exclusive/54391186

• Age range: 6 years and up
  • App-controlled movement in all directions
  • Use app to send Smart R2-D2 on exciting missions

7 Comments
    Add Comment
    Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: STAR WARS FORUM, HOT DEALS. — Aug. 20, 2017 @ 9:51pm
    rated:
    Super hot deal, thanks RW!

rated:
    Get it bundled with 4 free batteries for the same price!
    https://www.walmart.com/nco/Star-Wars-Smart-R2-D2-Walmart-Exclusive-with-Free-Duracell-Coppertop-AA-Alkaline-Household-Batteries-4-Household-BatteriesPack/47211238 

EDIT: looks like the bundle is no longer available.

rated:
    Even better, thanks JHD!

If anyone is looking for a filler to get to the $35 minimum for free shipping...

https://websitereviews.co/wal-mart-filler-products-1-reach-free-...

rated:
    The app that you need to download to control it is horrible. If you want sounds and head turns, those work fine, but don't expect to get more than 10-15' of distance before it simply stops responding to the app for movement before you have to restart. It moves around fine on manual mode.

For a SW collector, it is good at this price, but it is and never was worth anywhere near $100.

rated:
    Thank you for the plus free batteries and the inexpensive fillers for free shipping!

rated:
    Bundle and ship options are OOS. Free store pickup still available if a local store has any.

rated:
    TuxFL said:   The app that you need to download to control it is horrible. If you want sounds and head turns, those work fine, but don't expect to get more than 10-15' of distance before it simply stops responding to the app for movement before you have to restart. It moves around fine on manual mode.

For a SW collector, it is good at this price, but it is and never was worth anywhere near $100.

I've read similar comments in reviews, but I think that must be dependent on the device.  I just got mine today, drove it for a while manually, then went through quite a few programming missions.  I'm using my cheap 7" Fire tablet to control it, and so far it has been flawless.  I also have the Sphero BB8 and paid a lot more for it, but in some ways I like this R2-D2 better.  The sounds come from the droid, not the app, and it has a programming mode.   So far I'm happy.  If you're on the fence, I say grab one if you still can.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
    Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
    © 1999-2017