posted 21 days ago by
VivYip
Senior Member - 9K

Newegg has the following FAR

needs shoprunner otherwise...

Acronis True Image 2017 - 5 Devices 2.99
Coupon code EMCRHDB27 - $60 MIR exp 8/10/17

The info will be added ASAP to the QS of the main thread. Thank you for reading.

9 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Aug. 22, 2017 @ 12:17am
rated:
In for one, great use of those Groupon Newegg GC!

rated:
320 out of 768 users gave it 1 star on CNET.com http://download.cnet.com/Acronis-True-Image-2017/3000-2242_4-10168093.html

"It will backup your files - no problem. The problem begins when you try to restore the your PC to the way it was previously."

rated:
Some of those reviews appear to be from amateurs who probably shouldn't be using this software in the way it is being marketed. Acronis has tried to make the interface as dumbed down as possible, but restoring your PC especially from a backup is really not something that should be done casually. I'm an advanced user and still feel reluctant to use any software to restore an image except as a last resort. I have been using True Image for years, though and it has never let me down.

As in the past, I ordered a copy anyway to get the latest version and get a legal copy of the rescue CD image, which is mostly what I'll use - free is a good price.

rated:
Shows $19.99 AR, even after Shoprunner.
What am I missing here?

• $79.99
  • Sale Ends in 2 Days (Tue)Save: $20.00 (20%)
  • $19.99 after $60.00 rebate
  • $2.99 Shipping (restrictions apply)

rated:
Acrönis is a great product for making backups.  It gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling to know you have backups.  However, if you ever find that you need to use those backups ...

Side note:  No maker of a decent product should need to give it away at 10% of normal price every six months.

rated:
DrKlahn said:   Acrönis is a great product for making backups.  It gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling to know you have backups.  However, if you ever find that you need to use those backups ...

I've successfully restored from backups numerous times with True Image.  Cloned many times.

rated:
rj123456 said:   Shows $19.99 AR, even after Shoprunner.
What am I missing here?

• $79.99
  • Sale Ends in 2 Days (Tue)Save: $20.00 (20%)
  • $19.99 after $60.00 rebate
  • $2.99 Shipping (restrictions apply)

You are missing this line from the post at the top:

Coupon code EMCRHDB27 - $60 MIR exp 8/10/17

The code knocks $19.99 off of it.

rated:
After Windows 10 Creators Update trashed the drive (converted partition to raw), I tested the Windows 10 Image backup I had made before. I was able to restore the drive back. Of course, Creators still wanted to install.

Cloned the drive with Macrium Reflect (Free) to another drive to try to figure out what caused the conversion of the partition to raw.

In the end it was best to install 10 clean and get the data back from the cloned drive made by Reflect.

Four more computers to go...

rated:
VivYip said:   Newegg has the following FAR

needs shoprunner otherwise...

Acronis True Image 2017 - 5 Devices 2.99
Coupon code EMCRHDB27 - $60 MIR exp 8/10/17

The info will be added ASAP to the QS of the main thread. Thank you for reading.

Unforturnately, coupon Code ends Today (Aug 2, 2017)   It is now $20 AR.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017