posted 18 days ago by
clb4g9
Ancient Member

Title says it all; was at Wal-Mart today taking advantage of the latest deal on Mobil-1 Synthetic Oil and saw that they had Valvoline 5W-30 (among other weights) on sale for $16.97.  Apparently they are introducing a new design to their jugs and so they also had the attached rebate form tied around the bottle.  Ends up being $7 for 5 quarts after rebate.  Looks like you can upload your receipt here.  Also says it's good on ANY  5-quart jug of Valvoline oil, so for most of their products it'll be $17 - $10 = $7 + tax.

My Prius uses Mobil-1 0W-20 and my Pacifica uses Valvoline 5W-30, so I ended up getting 10 qts of oil plus a Mobil-1 filter for the Pacifica for $23 (Mobil has $12 rebate on 5 quarts or $17 rebate on 5 qts plus filter).

16 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
is that Valvoline mineral or synthetic?

rated:
Rebate can be found here:
https://team.valvoline.com/saveonvalvoline

Get your $10 rebate on any 5-quart jug of Valvoline Motor Oil

"This offer is valid on purchases from July 1 - August 31, 2017. Limit one. Proof of purchase required.
This offer is limited to the 50 United States. A Free Team Valvoline membership required. Program terms and conditions will apply."

Retailers listed:
Advance/CARQUEST
AutoZone
Meijer
OReilly
Walmart
Other

rated:
afatguythegreat said:   is that Valvoline mineral or synthetic?
  The stuff I got is a synthetic "blend" which I think just means synthetic oil + additives for higher mileage cars, but the rebate is good on dino oil or synthetic.  

This is the oil I buy for my 14-year old car w/165,000 miles, and it works fine.

rated:

rated:
Blend means that it is part dino oil and part synthetic.  I think Maxlife is 25% synthetic and 75% dino.  There are extra additives in the high mileage mix to make the seals swell, but that is not what blend is referring to.  Regardless, it is a good oil and I use it my car.

rated:
I don't see anywhere to print the rebate.

rated:
VirginiaDC said:   I don't see anywhere to print the rebate.

>> they also had the attached rebate form tied around the bottle.
It's a little thing I like to call 'reading' the post.

rated:
  While it on the screen hit
Ctrl and P

Or

r click on it, select view image and print that

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
  While it on the screen hit
Ctrl and P

Or

r click on it, select view image and print that

The rebate image states that only originals will be accepted, no reproductions.

rated:
NM. You can submit online once you "join the team"

rated:
Anyone know what the limit is on this? I'm assuming one per household? Don't forget IBotta has a rebate on this too.

rated:
barbeque said:   Blend means that it is part dino oil and part synthetic.  I think Maxlife is 25% synthetic and 75% dino.  There are extra additives in the high mileage mix to make the seals swell, but that is not what blend is referring to.  Regardless, it is a good oil and I use it my car.

oil does not come from dinosaurs

rated:
po90260 said:   
barbeque said:   Blend means that it is part dino oil and part synthetic.  I think Maxlife is 25% synthetic and 75% dino.  There are extra additives in the high mileage mix to make the seals swell, but that is not what blend is referring to.  Regardless, it is a good oil and I use it my car.

Umm, thanks for alerting fellow FW members that they should not try to milk the next dinosaur that they see just to save a few bucks on oil.

Since you find misleading common terms amusing, here are a few more:
Killer whales are not whales.
A mountain chicken is a frog, not a chicken.
Starfish are not fish.
Koala bears are not bears.
Pineapple does not come from pine trees, nor is it related to the apple.
Hot dogs are not made from dogs.
Mincemeat does not have any meat in it.
and
Girl Scout cookies are not made from real Girl Scouts

rated:
barbeque said:   
po90260 said:   

Umm, thanks for alerting fellow FW members that they should not try to milk the next dinosaur that they see just to save a few bucks on oil.

Since you find misleading common terms amusing, here are a few more:
Killer whales are not whales.
A mountain chicken is a frog, not a chicken.
Starfish are not fish.
Koala bears are not bears.
Pineapple does not come from pine trees, nor is it related to the apple.
Hot dogs are not made from dogs.
Mincemeat does not have any meat in it.
and
Girl Scout cookies are not made from real Girl Scouts

Wow, I learned a lot from this. Thanks!  

rated:
>> Hot dogs are not made from dogs.

I would say this fact varies depending on country and local tastes.

rated:
Can road apples be eaten?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017