posted 16 days ago by
mnt_71

Amazon is offering their Prime Members, Free Thursday Night NFL Football Games ! You'll be able to watch the entire 2017 schedule LIVE on Amazon Video,  with the first game starting September 28th. Sign up for the Thursday Night Football Newsletter for updates HERE

Note: Not a Prime Member? Join free HERE !

26 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Dislike. As a paid Prime member, I know licensing content like NFL costs big, big dollars, and I don't want to subsidize it through my membership fee or have to pay for it through an increase in the cost of goods I buy.

rated:
Nice Perk... Thanks for the info!

rated:
Great news. Amazon is really giving prime members so many perks. Go Patriots!! TB12 is GOAT!! Superbowl LI champs. Amazing game will never forget it.

rated:
I don't know why all the red on this response. I agree with this post. I, and many others, don't pay for cable TV subscriptions because of how much of it is spent on sports. 

rated:
yessss....

rated:
This is awesome! Hated not being able to watch when it was only on NFL Network.

rated:
It's a good news. Thanks for sharing.

rated:
sychosteve said:   Dislike. As a paid Prime member, I know licensing content like NFL costs big, big dollars, and I don't want to subsidize it through my membership fee or have to pay for it through an increase in the cost of goods I buy.

you have a valid point but I don't think other prime members like your idea

rated:
I agree.  I'd much rather have to pay an extra monthly fee for cable/Dish/directv or other streaming service just so I can watch it!

I don't think Amazon is in the market to charge you more for your Prime membership or raising their cost on anything to "subsidize it".   They make plenty of money as is, and if they can add more prime members by doing it, the better for them.  And the better for us.  The more money Amazon makes, the more benefits they can provide, such as this, along with lower pricing on products.  

rated:
It doesn't look like its the whole season of Thursday night games. Its all the same dates that are aired on either CBS or NBC.

rated:
sausland said:   It doesn't look like its the whole season of Thursday night games. Its all the same dates that are aired on either CBS or NBC.
  Seems that way indeed. Value is further diluted.

rated:
Yes, it's the package that Twitter had last year, so no NFL Network games are included.

rated:
sychosteve said:   Dislike. As a paid Prime member, I know licensing content like NFL costs big, big dollars, and I don't want to subsidize it through my membership fee or have to pay for it through an increase in the cost of goods I buy.
  As an avid Prime user, I dislike the thought of NFL content included with my subscription. Make it a 5/10$ paid upgrade like....wait for it...HBO
IS this one more nail in the cable subscription model? yup. Coupled with the new Netflix only blockbuster(?) will smith movie and soon we may see a change for the good. 
I demand a monthly credit for having this forced upon me. 

rated:
madwest said:   
sausland said:   It doesn't look like its the whole season of Thursday night games. Its all the same dates that are aired on either CBS or NBC.
  Seems that way indeed. Value is further diluted.

So first 3 weeks games are not covered but after that rest of reason is covered. 

rated:
I'm already a prime member...thumbs UP OP!! Did not know about this and appreciate the info. Signed up for the newsletter so I don't forget NFL on Thursday nights.

rated:
Got to agree with sychosteve. Worse still, I am a cable subscriber so now I'm paying twice for something I don't want in the first place.

Now if they had some kind of time shift to put 60 Minutes on it's correct starting time, without football or golf delays, that would be worth it to me.

rated:
shyboi said:   
  As an avid Prime user, I dislike the thought of NFL content included with my subscription. Make it a 5/10$ paid upgrade like....wait for it...HBO
IS this one more nail in the cable subscription model? yup. Coupled with the new Netflix only blockbuster(?) will smith movie and soon we may see a change for the good. 

Very simple solution here - quit prime and shop somewhere else - how Amazon chooses to spend their revenue is their business,

rated:
  You don't really understand how this world works, do you?

rated:
diskmon said:   I don't know why all the red on this response. I agree with this post. I, and many others, don't pay for cable TV subscriptions because of how much of it is spent on sports. 
  Looks like there are more NFL weenies here than not.  Amazon is betting on the numbers at the expense of those who don't care about NFL.

rated:
bermuda88 said:   
shyboi said:   

Very simple solution here - quit prime and shop somewhere else - how Amazon chooses to spend their revenue is their business,

Unless one is a shareholder.
I am. Are you? 

rated:
I'm not a sports fan and I couldn't care less whether the NFL is on Prime. But what some don't seem to understand is that Amazon wouldn't have purchased the rights if it didn't make them money. That means Amazon expects to attract/retain enough Prime members thorough NFL games so that it pays for itself. So us non sports fans aren't subsidising NFL content we don't want, but rather NFL fans who are attracted by this offering are subsidising other content we DO want through their Prime subscriptions. This is win-win for everyone!

rated:
I wish Amazon would get rid of all those videos and movies included in Prime that I don't want to watch and don't want to subsidize through higher prime fees and higher cost of merchandise I buy! (sarcasm)

rated:
jhd3rd said:   That means Amazon expects to attract/retain enough Prime members thorough NFL games so that it pays for itself. So us non sports fans aren't subsidising NFL content we don't want, but rather NFL fans who are attracted by this offering are subsidising other content we DO want through their Prime subscriptions. This is win-win for everyone!
This seems a play for young football fans.  Most "cord cutters" probably already have an antenna to pull in the networks that show these games.  And of course cable subscribers don't need this service.  So this seems to be for people with neither cable nor antenna to pull in networks.  I'm guessing that's mostly the younger generation that watches everything online.

rated:
shyboi said:   
bermuda88 said:   
shyboi said:   

Very simple solution here - quit prime and shop somewhere else - how Amazon chooses to spend their revenue is their business,

Unless one is a shareholder.
I am. Are you? 

Yes I am, and I can't believe Jeff spent $50M on this without calling me first.  Almost as bad as when he spent $13.7B on Whole Foods without my input.

rated:
Amazon will stream 11 NFL games this year. There will be 10 Thursday night games, and Amazon will also stream the Christmas Day game this year. You will need to be an Amazon Prime subscriber to access these games on Amazon; however, you will be able to watch them on a wide range of devices from the Fire TV and Roku to your computer.

The following is the full schedule:

September 28: Chicago vs Green Bay
October 5: New England vs Tampa Bay
October 12: Philadelphia vs Carolina
October 19: Kansas City vs Oakland
October 26: Miami vs Baltimore
November 9: Seattle vs Arizona
November 16: Tennessee vs Pittsburgh
November 30: Washington vs Dallas
December 7: New Orleans vs Atlanta
December 14: Denver vs Indianapolis
December 25: Pittsburg vs Houston

rated:
diskmon said:   I don't know why all the red on this response. I agree with this post. I, and many others, don't pay for cable TV subscriptions because of how much of it is spent on sports. 
  Thats a cool story bro, but realize you aren't the only customer of Amazon and plenty of people probably think the things you like are pointless and have no value to them.  Believe it or not this world you live doesn't revolve around diskmon.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017