posted 14 days ago by
fbckids
Dismembered Member

Just got an email from Universal Orlando offering "Buy 2 Day/3Park ticket, get 2 days free for $294.99 (I'm just going to call it a 4 day ticket.)  Parks include Universal Studios Orlando, Islands of Adventure and the new Volcano Bay Water Park.  The tickets are "Hopper" style, meaning you can visit all 3 parks in one day, and there are no Blackout Dates for you holiday vacationers.  Purchase by 11-30-17.

That all said, having visited Universal twice, I will always stay in one of the on-site hotels (Hard Rock, Portofino, Royal Pacific) that provides the Universal Express Unlimited Pass for everyone in the room.  We did it last time and there is literally zero wait at any attraction.  If you have 4 or 5 in your room, the room is usually cheaper than buying the passes at the gate.  YMMV.     

Linky

DETAILS: The 3-Park 2-Day with 2 Days Free Park-to-Park Ticket entitles one (1) guest admission to Universal Studios Florida™, Universal's Islands of Adventure™ AND Universal's Volcano Bay™ on the same day. Ticket is valid for any four (4) calendar days during a seven (7) consecutive calendar day period which includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used. This ticket also includes seven (7) consecutive calendar days of admission to select live entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk™ which commences and includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used. First use of this ticket must be between August 1, 2017 and May 11, 2018 to receive full benefit of the ticket entitlements. All ticket usage must be completed on or before May 17, 2018 when the ticket will expire in full. Unused days will be forfeited. NO BLOCKOUT DATES apply to this ticket. This ticket will be sold only within the U.S. and Canada between August 1, 2017 and November 30, 2017.The above Admission Media is non-refundable, non-transferable, and must be used by the same person on all days. Valid only during normal operating hours. Parks, attractions, or entertainment may: close due to refurbishing, capacity, weather or special events; change operating hours; and otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of Universal Orlando Resort™ ("Universal"). The above Admission Media specifically excludes admission to separately ticketed events at any of the Universal theme parks or within any of the CityWalk™ venues. Some CityWalk™ venues require ages 21 or older for admission. Valid Photo ID required. Unless otherwise stated, does not include admission to AMC® Universal Cineplex 20 with IMAX®, the Blue Man Group show, or Hollywood Drive-In Golf™, and parking or discounts on food or merchandise. Additional restrictions may apply and benefits are subject to change without notice

10 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Does this include admission to the two Harry Potter parks? It's probably just me, but I find their site really confusing.

rated:
frett said:   Does this include admission to the two Harry Potter parks? It's probably just me, but I find their site really confusing.

That's what has happen with all the mobile first development ...

But yes, any park to park ticket will get you access to both Harry Porter lands.  Even the simple single day ticket will get into 1, but not both on the same day.

rated:
The nice thing about this ticket is that you don't have to go to the water park if you don't want to. You can use the tickets just for the main parks. I didn't really like the 4 day discounted ticket at Disney, because you had essentially 1 ticket to each park, and 2 of the parks are somewhat under construction with many attractions removed or disabled. Also, you could use this ticket in the upcoming holiday season without risk of blackout dates ruining your fun. Is it the cheapest ticket ever? No, but it is attractively priced against other options, and when combined with an on-site hotel stay at the 3 hotels listed in the OP, it would be the most amazing vacation ever. Remember, time is money when it comes to Orlando vacations; Why stand in line for hours when you can literally almost walk onto the rides!

rated:
Harry Potter is not a separate park. 1/2 is in Universal Studios and 1/2 in Islands of adventure. You need at least a park to park pass to see both or to ride the Harry Potter train that runs between the two parks.

rated:
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I didn't mean "parks", I should have said attractions. But that makes sense why you have to go to two parks to see both attractions. Did they do that as a clever but greedy money grab, or did they run out of room and had to use the other park for space? And also isn't there a separate charge to take the "train" to the other HP attraction?

rated:
frett said:   Thanks for the replies. Yes, I didn't mean "parks", I should have said attractions. But that makes sense why you have to go to two parks to see both attractions. Did they do that as a clever but greedy money grab, or did they run out of room and had to use the other park for space? And also isn't there a separate charge to take the "train" to the other HP attraction?
  Your first thought was correct, it's that way as a money grab.  The train between the two lands is basically an attraction ride, it requires a "park to park" pass to ride, which this ticket offer is.

rated:
I gave green for this. Just remember this ticket must be used by May 17, 2018. I know OP posted the details but I still think mentioning this again will be helpful for some.

rated:
Agree with the onsite hotels and express pass. You easily make up the cost in terms of time saved at orlando. Totally different experience than at Disney.

Pass doesn't work on Harry Potter rides but you get in an hour early each day to one (rarely two) of the HP parks.

rated:
Link is wrong, goes to software company.

rated:
I can't find the right link.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017