posted 15 days ago by
ablang
Senior Member - 4K

Sale ends 8/12/17.

Yes it is only USB 2.0 but Am@zon currently sell these for $10.99 each so this is 1/2 the price of what they normally sell for.

link

29 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Aug. 22, 2017 @ 8:04am
rated:
Please see the screenshot of ad item.

rated:
UPC?

rated:
UPC's

619659156442 - Pink

619659156428 - Blue

619659156435 - Green

rated:
Sacramento is in the house ....

rated:
oops

rated:
I don't think this link leads to the deal

rated:
It seems OP went for the ads of his / her area's particular store(s)... Would you please put a link that we can follow? Thanks!

rated:

rated:
Why still buy USB 2.0 ? 3.0 isn't expensive either

rated:
toddards said:   Why still buy USB 2.0 ? 3.0 isn't expensive either
  find a 32 GB USB 3.0 for $ 4.97

rated:
RegUSPatOff said:   
  find a 32 GB USB 3.0 for $ 4.97

The best I've done is the 64gb, 3.0 for $9.99 from Staples about 6-8 months ago. Staples brand. Grabbed 3 of them at the time. Prior to that, maybe 2 yrs. ago 8gb, 2.0 for .25 cents each. Grabbed 16 of those. Again Staples

rated:
Got SanDisk Cruzer Glide 128GB from Best Buy for 19.99 couple of weeks ago.

rated:
Why waste money on a 3.0 - if your computer does not have 3.0 ? 

Sounds attractive, but:  I have so many F D

I know that if I find one .. I won't be able to resist 

rated:
Got two. FYI, these drives are in the "After School Supplies" area of the store and NOT in the electronics department!

I wasted ten minutes at the electronics department trying to find them - the sales droid there was useless. First he looked up "Sandisk cruzer blade" and assured me that there was no product with that name in the store. Then I asked him to try two of the UPC codes; he showed me on his palmpilot (or whatever) that no such UPC was in the store.

So I went back and found the monthly paper ad in the store - sure enough, there they were, in after school bins along with paper, penciles, etc.! The UPCs above are correct - no clue why the Droid could not find the UPC codes in his inventory.

The drives themselves are made of what appears to be incredibly flimsy plastic - but what do you expect for $5? Basically a disposable flash drive. Read speeds OK for something this cheap, write is a little slow.

rated:
KLM80 said:   Got SanDisk Cruzer Glide 128GB from Best Buy for 19.99 couple of weeks ago.

The price / GB is essentially the same.  For USB 2.0, I'd rather have 4 32GB drives than 1 128GB drive.

rated:
mikebeets said:   
I know that if I find one .. I won't be able to resist 

I had checked store inventory  -  no such item   - ALL departments !!!

They have a big bin full of them, 3 colors - as mentioned - in school supplies.

I don't like pink - so that's what I got - so I won't confuse it with one of my other ones [a few dozens, and counting]

Clarion PA 16214

rated:
Traveling far from home and the local Walmart here has these in two places...

One is in a cardboard bin in a temporary BTS display.  All 32s.

The other is in the seasonal sale metal shelves where there are the same 32s as well as a large colorful 64GB assortment.  Maybe the 64s will have a special price next week.

rated:
One available in the Eau Claire 54701 store, and I bought it.  A more expensive ($8.97) 32 GB was in stock.

I ran USB Speed Test on the drive, and the write speeds were poor to appallingly bad.  Write speed was 7 MB/sec for big files and 1/3 MB/sec (!!!) for small files.  Don't buy one and expect to put a lot of data on it quickly, because it would take 4400 seconds = an hour and a quarter to fill this 30019 MB drive at the best speed I got.

See the speed test results.  As always, YMMV.

rated:
I just filled up one of these with media files. Probably the only time I'll ever write anything to it, so who cares how long it takes to write them? Mostly the media files will be read and played back, and read speed is plenty fast enough for that.

rated:
ARRRGGHH. I spent 30 mins with at the electronics area trying to get the potato heads there to help me find it. I should have just checked back here. Why wouldn't they put this in the electronics area? I guess i'll try to go back tomorrow.

rated:
OMG they really go out of their way to make this thing looks CHEAP.... I bought 2 just in case I need some throwaways, can't bring myself to get any more of this crap.... but to think that I used to pay that much for a single 1.44MB floppy back in the days... my, how times have changed....

Edit: this is the first time I see a flash drive so cheap even the USB tip that was usually made of metal is in plastic. This confused me a bit because I was expecting something metal to insert into the port. Write speed is around 6MB/s which is on par with the worst thumb drives I have had over the years. At least it works, even if it doesnt, it's almost not worth the trip to return it.

rated:
bought a blue one in Hermitage, PA
I'll check tonight in Austintown [Youngstown], OH

same deal :  a big cardboard bin full of them.

The two I bought check as "no errors". Good enough for what I will use them for.

Because it's all plastic, I don't intend to use them often, but it's great for back-ups of back-ups.

rated:
I happened to be in Wallmart today in Gilroy CA (Garlic capital of the world! - you can smell it for 20 miles!). Similar story - electronics drone said they didn't exist and that brickseek is just wrong. Wouldn't even look up the UPC. After the lazy drone wandered off to talk to her friends, the guy doing stocking looked over at me and he said "you want the $5 ones?" and pointed me to a cardboard display across the main aisle from the electronics desk (behind me). The 32s were mixed in with 64s on the display, but easy to find.

I bought several to make backups of family photos (already on DVDs, but want to back those up because they are getting old). As archives, they are hopefully write once and never need again, but it helps my Real Boss sleep well at night...

rated:
My feeling is they were in every store, and once you know where they are, you can find them easily:

3 different WM:  they were at the Pharmacy entrance, big wide main aisle:  a row of cardboard bins with big $ signs.
Look at the signs because they are often covered with other stuff, like pencils cases,...

Austintown [Youngstown], OH: last night & this morning - plenty of them.

At the electronic dept I visited, it's something like "Back to College", 64 GB for about $13.98. Sandisk , not plastic

rated:
Roginator said:   Try this https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/

I'd recommend not using that as much as possible. I found out they have a paid member area, that all of your searches get aggregated to, so they know what everyone is searching for. gives them the UPC and possible locations with inventory left.  so then your local CL dealer will go in & wipe them out of everything. I won't touch BS

rated:
ablang said:   Sale ends 8/12/17.
 They are still available on the 14th.

rated:
Nice sharing. thanks OP!

rated:
MeIsCheap said:    
I'd recommend not using that as much as possible. I found out they have a paid member area, that all of your searches get aggregated to, so they know what everyone is searching for. gives them the UPC and possible locations with inventory left.  so then your local CL dealer will go in & wipe them out of everything. I won't touch BS

what is a "CL Dealer"?

rated:
They are still available on the 15th

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017