posted 1 month ago by
Talis
Happy Member

Quote from post: Starting August 9, qualified customers can get two lines of T-Mobile ONE — America’s best unlimited on America’s best unlimited network — for just $60, taxes and fees included, with Autopay. And that comes with unlimited talk, text and 4G LTE data along with great T-Mobile ONE benefits [...]
https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/unlimited-55.htm

Depending on your area (work, home and play) and age (55 and over), this appears to be an amazing deal.

T-Mobile didn't have low frequency signal until recently and it's not much throughout the country. Phoenix Band 12 (700 MHz 5x5) was activated throughout our metro area this year. Before that, I could not get any network signal when deep inside our corporate center. It works now but as more people buy 700 MHz capable phones, that frequency will get overwhelmed. Low frequency can get inside buildings and other physical obstructions but cannot transmit/receive as much data per second. High frequency (which T-Mobile has plenty of) cannot go as far but carries plenty of bandwidth (higher transmit/receive). T-Mobile just bought $8 billion dollars worth of 600 MHz spectrum through the entire country (600 and 700 MHz low band; 1900 and 1700/2100 high band). That should help with building penetration and allow for better rural coverage since less towers can cover more square miles.

As usual, this promotion can end at any time.

91 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Only the primary account holder needs to be 55 or older. Great deal!

rated:
『A New Reason to Get a Fake ID: Introducing T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55+』

LOL did T-Mobile official website just encouraged people to commit a felony to cheat on their promotion?

rated:
Could this be 1 talk line + 1 data line?

rated:
freejunkmail said:   『A New Reason to Get a Fake ID: Introducing T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55+』

LOL did T-Mobile official website just encouraged people to commit a felony to cheat on their promotion?

Near the end they make this statement, just before all the data rates/etc. "*Don’t even think about trying a fake ID, Gen Xers and Millennials. We see you."

rated:
Age discrimination.... Anyone for a class action lawsuit? 49...

Damn... That's  a lot of red... Must be a lot of old grumpy people here hating on someone that would like to get in on the deal but doesn't qualify because of age... 

rated:
If I change from my ancient plan will I lose my employer discounts?

rated:
Yes.  Anytime you opt to change promotions, they will not stack.  So pick this one, or your grandfathered plan with employer discounts.....you won't get both (at least that's how it works over at Verizon where I have service.  (I've kept my grandfathered truly unlimited plan which cannot be slowed and employer discount - and will not move to new unlimited plan - which slows at 22G usage and drops employer discount).

rated:
Lai barents are lin Lindia, de lei still count?

rated:
This is a really great deal...my Mom lives in the middle of nowhere and uses her pre-paid TMobile service (through a 3rd party) and pays something like $45/month for unlimited service. Adding a second line for $15 is a no-brainer. Thanks!

rated:
Wow this is a good deal.

rated:
I wish T-Mobile would improve their coverage.  Having to move my family to Verizon just to get something that works...and we're in a big city!

rated:
i think the $50 charge for the two sim cards is going to scare away many people...(like me ) thats a rip...!

rated:
trying to get the seniors addicted to their phones as the kids are

rated:
Pretty clever ruse, aim their unlimited plan at traditionally lower bandwidth consumers, make it seem like something nice they are doing for grandma.

Given the way utilities rip off older people with their "introductory" pricing that goes away quickly and the regular price is ridiculous, this might be worth putting older folk on since they won't have to play "call in to reduce the bill" every so often.

rated:
whereas the mellennials are scrambling to get fake Id's as we speak cause they think all services should be free anyway.

rated:
Do they have any decent phone offerings right now? We just had a phone accident in the house. I'm looking for a replacement phone and may change services at the same time. Usually, I just buy an unlocked phone.

rated:
lexscholar said:   Do they have any decent phone offerings right now? We just had a phone accident in the house. I'm looking for a replacement phone and may change services at the same time. Usually, I just buy an unlocked phone.

These deals can change at any time so be sure to check the deals hub link:
https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/deals-hub 
Current Deals from the T-Mobile Deals Hub URL showing on 8/8/2017:
$0 down for all
Join T-Mobile today and get an awesome smartphone, like the Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime, LG Aristo™, and more for $0 up front.
or
Get the amazing iPhone 7 and save
With qualifying device trade-in, mail-in rebate, and 24-mo. finance agreement.
or
Get Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ FREE
Buy two Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ phones with finance agreements and get up to $800 back via prepaid card with new qualifying line.
or
Buy one moto z2 force edition, get a second one free
After rebate with finance agreements.

If you're a student (since you're never to old to learn something new):
https://www.t-mobile.com/offer/student-teacher-smartphone-tablet-discounts.html 

rated:
I have two plans on verizon (my mom (over 55) and myself) last year, paying $150 total (2 lines, 2 phones $10 each, 12 GB). I wonder if switching makes sense, which would entail paying off the phones, too).

rated:
What happened to the free phone deals with new sign ups? Even an inexpensive smart phone was worth the price of admission. T-Mobile's least expensive offering is still $144, paid in installments. Even Verizon offers free phones (and changes the models monthly or so) if you add a line.

rated:
rockinroller said:   What happened to the free phone deals with new sign ups? Even an inexpensive smart phone was worth the price of admission. T-Mobile 's least expensive offering is still $144, paid in installments. Even Verizon offers free phones (and changes the models monthly or so) if you add a line.
  may be

rated:
ex[plain ruse when its cheaper than a basic limited talk and text plan (some with NO data) from all other carriers..name any other plans that would be better ??thanks..we would love to hear from you

rated:
mysteryAgain said:   I have two plans on verizon (my mom (over 55) and myself) last year, paying $150 total (2 lines, 2 phones $10 each, 12 GB). I wonder if switching makes sense, which would entail paying off the phones, too).
  Not good to change from Verizon if they can't get a T-Mobile signal.....unless you don't want to hear from them.

rated:
Seems like a pretty sweet deal. I see many millennials in very near future calling up grandma to take her out to lunch (+ quick stop at T-Mobile)..

rated:
Will this deal work if I have my dad assume responsibility of my line?

rated:
"We must not stand for this age discrimination!"  

rated:
looosserama said: Seems like a pretty sweet deal. I see many millennials in very near future calling up grandma to take her out to lunch (+ quick stop at T-Mobile)..Why grandma?

I'm a millennial.. and my mom is almost 60!

rated:
letsspendlotsofmoney said:   Age discrimination.... Anyone for a class action lawsuit? 49...
  While your at it, sue AARP and other companies that give deals to seniors as well.

rated:
freejunkmail said:   『A New Reason to Get a Fake ID: Introducing T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55+』

LOL did T-Mobile official website just encouraged people to commit a felony to cheat on their promotion?

LOL,  Sure thing, they only check your driver license and run your credit report that has your age on it.  So cheat away.

rated:

rated:
My parents are both over 55, currently they are on AT&T Next plan, can they switch to T-Mobile and have them pay off the att phones?

rated:
where would a mellennial get money to buy lunch ??

rated:
2 Lines obviously! Thanks.

rated:
tyrt said:   My parents are both over 55, currently they are on AT&T Next plan, can they switch to T-Mobile and have them pay off the att phones?
  I am in the same boat except it is Verizon. 

rated:
Wonder if you can add a 3rd and 4th line and what the cost would be.  The promo material only talks about adding a second line.

rated:
Trust me, they will bend and give the offer to any age, it is just silly to think a certain segment gets a lower price.
I love to punch holes in offers of to emt, police and fire people only
We pay their salary and they get a deal, never

rated:
I gots to ask?
Why wold anyone pay $60 a month when there are prepaid plans at far less than that.

rated:
That $60 is for two lines of unlimited talk, text and data.  Where can I get that offer anywhere else?

rated:
Yeah if this doesn't require a credit check I'd hang up my prepaid plans with Bluegreen and Nettalk for this.

No prepaid with unlimited data can come close to this price.

Edit: Plan is live today. Going to see about switching. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017