Avatar
posted 15 days ago by
SalemCat
Senior Member - 1K

Many of us shop at Target and take advantage of the 5% OFF and easy Returns when using it.

But few realize that many of the GIFT CARDS Target sells can also be purchased at a 5% Discount.

I have personally verified that eBay and Outback receive the 5% Discount. There certainly are many others, and just as likely there are exclusions.

If you have purchased other GIFT CARDS at Target and know if the 5% Off discount is available please post here. And if the 5% is NOT available, that is useful to know as well.

The really nice thing about these GIFT CARDS is that, unlike Groupon and many other Discount Sites, these Gift Cards almost always can be used to purchase Alcoholic Beverages, and even to pay the Tip !

https://www.target.com/c/specialt...ygiftcards 

BTW, I have asked Target On-Line and received the CORRECT information, that is, eBay receives the 5% Off.

I have also asked Customer Service In-Store, and been told that the 5% does not apply to ANY Gift Card. Which I have verified is incorrect. 

PS Use eBates and get CASHBACK, too !

1597 Views
14 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
SalemCat said:   Many of us shop at Target and take advantage of the 5% OFF and easy Returns when using it.

But few realize that many of the GIFT CARDS Target sells can also be purchased at a 5% Discount.

I have personally verified that eBay and Outback receive the 5% Discount. There certainly are many others, and just as likely there are exclusions.

If you have purchased other GIFT CARDS at Target and know if the 5% Off discount is available please post here. And if the 5% is NOT available, that is useful to know as well.

The really nice thing about these GIFT CARDS is that, unlike Groupon and many other Discount Sites, these Gift Cards almost always can be used to purchase Alcoholic Beverages, and even to pay the Tip !

https://www.target.com/c/specialt...ygiftcards 

BTW, I have asked Target On-Line and received the CORRECT information, that is, eBay receives the 5% Off.

I have also asked Customer Service In-Store, and been told that the 5% does not apply to ANY Gift Card. Which I have verified is incorrect. 

PS Use eBates and get CASHBACK, too !

  
Ebates  doesn't offer cash back at Target bud

rated:
I have used my red Target card to get 5% off Disney gift cards.  I purchased the gift cards and then used them at the Disney park gate to pay for my tickets to get into the park.

It was my understanding that you need to at least purchase something else at the same time or you won't get the discount.  I purchased a stick of gum and then the gift cards on the same receipt.  I don't know if I needed to purchase the gum to get the 5% off.

rated:
Using the Target RedCard to buy eBay GCs is something I learned recently. Good deal since it is rare to be able to beat 5% on eBay GCs. If I were to stop buying GCs, eBay is one of the few I wouldn't give up buying.

Do they sell Amazon GCs?

rated:
 Can you combine eBay gift cards with a coupon code? 

rated:
No eBates CB at Target TODAY - but I got 1% less than a week ago.

CB can vary, Bud !

 

rated:
LetsGoMets1 said:   
SalemCat said:   Many of us shop at Target and take advantage of the 5% OFF and easy Returns when using it.

But few realize that many of the GIFT CARDS Target sells can also be purchased at a 5% Discount.

I have personally verified that eBay and Outback receive the 5% Discount. There certainly are many others, and just as likely there are exclusions.

If you have purchased other GIFT CARDS at Target and know if the 5% Off discount is available please post here. And if the 5% is NOT available, that is useful to know as well.

The really nice thing about these GIFT CARDS is that, unlike Groupon and many other Discount Sites, these Gift Cards almost always can be used to purchase Alcoholic Beverages, and even to pay the Tip !

https://www.target.com/c/specialt...ygiftcards 

BTW, I have asked Target On-Line and received the CORRECT information, that is, eBay receives the 5% Off.

I have also asked Customer Service In-Store, and been told that the 5% does not apply to ANY Gift Card. Which I have verified is incorrect. 

PS Use eBates and get CASHBACK, too !

  
Ebates  doesn't offer cash back at Target bud

  
No eBates CB at Target TODAY - but I got 1% less than a week ago.

CB can vary, Bud ! 

rated:
ablang said:   Using the Target RedCard to buy eBay GCs is something I learned recently. Good deal since it is rare to be able to beat 5% on eBay GCs. If I were to stop buying GCs, eBay is one of the few I wouldn't give up buying.

Do they sell Amazon GCs?

  
Sadly, NO.  Dammit.
 

rated:
LetsGoMets1 said:    Can you combine eBay gift cards with a coupon code? 
   Unknown

rated:
lynnt1 said:   I have used my red Target card to get 5% off Disney gift cards.  I purchased the gift cards and then used them at the Disney park gate to pay for my tickets to get into the park.

It was my understanding that you need to at least purchase something else at the same time or you won't get the discount.  I purchased a stick of gum and then the gift cards on the same receipt.  I don't know if I needed to purchase the gum to get the 5% off.

  
That's a hell of a deal.

A few days at Disney with the Family can hit $1000.

I wonder if you can pay for Rooms and/or Food at Disney with these Gift Cards ?

rated:
lynnt1 said:   I have used my red Target card to get 5% off Disney gift cards.  I purchased the gift cards and then used them at the Disney park gate to pay for my tickets to get into the park.

It was my understanding that you need to at least purchase something else at the same time or you won't get the discount.  I purchased a stick of gum and then the gift cards on the same receipt.  I don't know if I needed to purchase the gum to get the 5% off.

  
I bought my Outback and then eBay GC's at Target In-Store today all by themselves - did not buy anything else.

I know eBay GC can be purchased on-line with 5% OFF and no additional purchase required.

I think the "additional purchase" bit is an urban myth.

rated:
A caveat.

Target On-Line claims eBay Gift Cards are available within FOUR HOURS.

For me it took more like EIGHTEEN.

So buy one IN ADVANCE.

If you're like me, eBay Gift Cards will NEVER go to waste.

BTW, eBay BUCKS do not seem to be affected by using a GC.

rated:
SalemCat said:   
lynnt1 said:   I have used my red Target card to get 5% off Disney gift cards.  I purchased the gift cards and then used them at the Disney park gate to pay for my tickets to get into the park.

It was my understanding that you need to at least purchase something else at the same time or you won't get the discount.  I purchased a stick of gum and then the gift cards on the same receipt.  I don't know if I needed to purchase the gum to get the 5% off.

  
That's a hell of a deal.

A few days at Disney with the Family can hit $1000.

I wonder if you can pay for Rooms and/or Food at Disney with these Gift Cards ?

  
Absolutely. You can pay for Disney Cruise, dining, hotel, tickets, merchandise. Vacation packages should be booked with a travel agent or directly. Expedia /Orbitz etc require direct payment to them so you cannot use them.

You can buy Disney GCs at Costco or Sams Club at usually a bit more than 4% off. Combined with other credit cards and it's a much better deal than Target

Currently, Sams Club has $150 Disney GCs at $142.98 (4.68% off). 

Also, you can combine them into one at DisneyGiftCard.com up to $1000. Then you only need to give them a few cards to pay for a vacation.

rated:
rsuaver said:   
SalemCat said:   
lynnt1 said:   I have used my red Target card to get 5% off Disney gift cards.  I purchased the gift cards and then used them at the Disney park gate to pay for my tickets to get into the park.

It was my understanding that you need to at least purchase something else at the same time or you won't get the discount.  I purchased a stick of gum and then the gift cards on the same receipt.  I don't know if I needed to purchase the gum to get the 5% off.

  
That's a hell of a deal.

A few days at Disney with the Family can hit $1000.

I wonder if you can pay for Rooms and/or Food at Disney with these Gift Cards ?

  
Absolutely. You can pay for Disney Cruise, dining, hotel, tickets, merchandise. Vacation packages should be booked with a travel agent or directly. Expedia /Orbitz etc require direct payment to them so you cannot use them.

You can buy Disney GCs at Costco or Sams Club at usually a bit more than 4% off. Combined with other credit cards and it's a much better deal than Target

Currently, Sams Club has $150 Disney GCs at $142.98 (4.68% off). 

Also, you can combine them into one at DisneyGiftCard.com up to $1000. Then you only need to give them a few cards to pay for a vacation.

  
Well, I'm not sure how 4.68% OFF can be better than 5% OFF, but I will grant you different CC's have different promotions from time-to-time.

I'm my experience eBates offers Target at 1% CB frequently. It may not ever get better than that; I don't know.

rated:
SalemCat said:   
rsuaver said:   
SalemCat said:   
lynnt1 said:   I have used my red Target card to get 5% off Disney gift cards.  I purchased the gift cards and then used them at the Disney park gate to pay for my tickets to get into the park.

It was my understanding that you need to at least purchase something else at the same time or you won't get the discount.  I purchased a stick of gum and then the gift cards on the same receipt.  I don't know if I needed to purchase the gum to get the 5% off.

  
That's a hell of a deal.

A few days at Disney with the Family can hit $1000.

I wonder if you can pay for Rooms and/or Food at Disney with these Gift Cards ?

  
Absolutely. You can pay for Disney Cruise, dining, hotel, tickets, merchandise. Vacation packages should be booked with a travel agent or directly. Expedia /Orbitz etc require direct payment to them so you cannot use them.

You can buy Disney GCs at Costco or Sams Club at usually a bit more than 4% off. Combined with other credit cards and it's a much better deal than Target

Currently, Sams Club has $150 Disney GCs at $142.98 (4.68% off). 

Also, you can combine them into one at DisneyGiftCard.com up to $1000. Then you only need to give them a few cards to pay for a vacation.

  
Well, I'm not sure how 4.68% OFF can be better than 5% OFF, but I will grant you different CC's have different promotions from time-to-time.

I'm my experience eBates offers Target at 1% CB frequently. It may not ever get better than that; I don't know.

  
ANY card should offer 1%. Most 2%. Sometimes you can get 5% (Discover quarterly two 4Q16, 1Q17 if I'm not mistaken). Sams accepts all cards now.

Ebates excludes GCs. YMMV in getting your CB. That's why I'm not mentioning Discover Deals of 5% since it also excludes it. Otherwise, Ebates CB for Sams Club is 1.5%.
 

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017