posted 11 days ago by
elsgreenthegreat

This was already a great deal at $220, and now it's $180 through 9/3.   I've been shopping for cellphones lately, and any other unlocked phone with similar specs (4GB RAM, 32 GB memory, fast chipset) is going to cost at least $400, probably closer to $500.  You can probably buy activation if you need it, but if you already have an activated SIM you can just buy this phone across the counter and pop in your SIM, and you're good to go.  One little thing though:  If you're with T-Mobile, and you use the phone for wifi calling, the incoming voicemail won't work properly.  As long as you leave wifi calling disabled, the VM (and everything else) works just fine.
https://www.costco.com/Moto-G5-Plus-Unlocked.product.100360682.h...

28 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Aug. 19, 2017 @ 4:30am
rated:
Linked Costco page is $180 for 2/32. Am I missing something or did they have a mistake and claim 4/32 at one point?

For comparison, Amazon Prime is $240 for 4/64 with ads.

Thanks!
=aw

rated:
ottawa said:   Linked Costco page is $180 for 2/32. Am I missing something or did they have a mistake and claim 4/32 at one point?

For comparison, Amazon Prime is $240 for 4/64 with ads.

Thanks!
=aw

Yeah, OP probably just thought all G5+ came with 4 GB.

rated:
Good deal from a good retailer...I just ordered the 64GB one from B&H last week. One of the reasons I did was for wifi calling on tmobile...had not heard of the VM problem though.

rated:
My error -- I did indeed think that all G5+ were 4GB.   I just checked mine, and yeah, it's 2GB.  Still much faster than my previous 2GB HTC One m8 -- I guess due to the more modern Android version in the Moto.  Sorry for the misinformation.  BTW, the Costco one doesn't have the ads -- a fairer comparison would be the non-ad version from Amazon -- $300 for 64/4.

rated:
Good deal on the 2/32 version, $20 cheaper than the B&H Photo deal from last week.

rated:
kstraka said:   Good deal on the 2/32 version, $20 cheaper than the B&H Photo deal from last week.
  No sales tax @ B&H unless you live in NY or NJ. Better deal depends on your state sales tax rate.

rated:
a fairer comparison would be the non-ad version from Amazon -- $300 for 64/4.
I agree it's a great deal, but I don't see any reason to compare Costco's 2/32 to Amazon's 4/64. Amazon has 2/32 for $230 which is still $50 more than the Costco price, but I think that's the comparison to be made with Amazon. Though I'd be tempted to go with the 4/46 with ads for $230.

=aw

rated:
Does this have the little colored light at the top of the phone that blinks when you have a text message or email and is solid when charging?

The only thing I don't like about my G3 is that it doesn't have that light. Seems petty, but it really is a simple feature I want in my next phone.

rated:
Been using a 2/32 version for a few months and wish I got a 4/64 version. 32 vs 64 is not important: you could get a good 64GB micro-SD for $20 and configure it to be used as internal storage and that immediately bumps it to 96GB. But 2 vs 4 RAM makes difference on Android. Switching between apps often causes apps to restart. I installed over 200 apps -- though that has nothing to do with the number of active apps. On Prime day Amazon had the 4/64 version (with ads) for $180 -- if you don't mind waiting that price might come back.

rated:
Not sure why anyone would buy a Motorola phone from Lenovo at this point. They've proven again and again that they're not going to honor promises about OS/security updates.

rated:
ccole said:   Not sure why anyone would buy a Motorola phone from Lenovo at this point. They've proven again and again that they're not going to honor promises about OS/security updates.
  Because people don't care about some security flaw they don't understand.

I just picked up two.

rated:
seawolf21 said:   
ccole said:   Not sure why anyone would buy a Motorola phone from Lenovo at this point. They've proven again and again that they're not going to honor promises about OS/security updates.
  Because people don't care about some security flaw they don't understand.

I just picked up two.

lol...then I bet you can probably also find a good deal on some BLU phones if that's your perspective.

rated:
That haven't stopped sales on Amazon. Like I said, people don't care.

rated:
they've actually updated this phone at least twice since I bought it for my mom...Which surprised me because I have a moto pure and it hasn't been updated anywhere near their promises.

rated:
Thanks,op

rated:
Thank you for your sharing

rated:
Thank you for sharing

rated:
Thanks for sharing

rated:
Why isn't price in subject/title?

rated:
I would get the LG G5 for $200 instead of the Moto G5+. Better specs all around.

rated:
fatxman said:   I would get the LG G5 for $200 instead of the Moto G5+. Better specs all around.
  Do you have a link?  I don't see it for $200.

rated:
I have the 4/64 version and really enjoy it. Camera could be better, but otherwise a great phone.

rated:

What are you talking about?  The G4 has been updated to Nougat for awhile now (Marshmallow out of box) and has the Spring security patch. 

rated:
what update it comes with nugget ( know its misspelled)

rated:
trumpthegreat said:   what update it comes with nugget ( know its misspelled)
  Nougat. Previous OS was Marshmallow. Previous to that Lollipop....

rated:
good deal

rated:
Amazon matching price

rated:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-LG-G5-H830T-32GB-T-Mobile-GSM-...

In addition, you don't have to pay the sales tax until when you file your tax return...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017