posted 8 days ago by
Tuba2
Dismembered Member

Verizon Fios Gigabit Connection w/ downloads up to 940Mbps = $69.99/month when ordered online or $79.99/month for the Triple Play Bundle. 

Not available in my area but maybe someone can use this deal.

Fine print: "In areas where Fios Gigabit Connection service is available, Verizon now offers two tiers of standalone Internet service – 50 Mbps for $39.99 a month and Gigabit Connection for $69.99 a month when ordered online. Existing customers who wish to upgrade to Fios Gigabit Connection will be able to do so online starting April 30. Customers with Instant Internet service today will soon automatically receive Fios Gigabit Connection and will see their bills lowered."

Find out if Fios Gigabit Connection is available in your area. Good luck.

12 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I would love to understand how this works because it's available in my area, but I'm already on 150 for $69.99 and when I go to change services it says gigabit is available for $25 more. It says you can get $69.99 for ordering online, but this is not showing as possible unless maybe I CALL and talk to someone.

rated:
lalagimp said:   I would love to understand how this works because it's available in my area, but I'm already on 150 for $69.99 and when I go to change services it says gigabit is available for $25 more. It says you can get $69.99 for ordering online, but this is not showing as possible unless maybe I CALL and talk to someone.
  So usually for existing customers these type of offers do not apply. Though I thought I read in the initial roll out that existing customers can participate. I did what you attempted, and found out that fees were additive as opposed to subtractive. So I connected online with an agent. This person stated I could sign up to 50/50 for $40 a month (I'm currently paying $79). I said let's do it, but to no avail. Even though the offer showed up on her computer she couldn't process it without some sort of Manager approval. She recommend I call in directly. I decided it was a waste of my time.

rated:
Only available for new customers. I'm currently paying the same amount for a 100mbit contract, although it is plenty fast for me. Maybe if you call, you might be able to get the same deal.

Fios Internet - No annual contract
Availability varies. Gigabit network connection to your home. Actual speeds vary due to device limits, network and other factors. Avg. speeds betw. 750-940 Mbps download / 750-880 upload.
* Offer for new Fios Internet res. customers is non-transferable and has no cash or refund value. Documentation of early termination fee (ETF) for TV, Internet and phone from your prior service provider must be provided w/in 90 days of installation and offer will be fulfilled via bill credit, to your Verizon account, in the amount of the ETF up to $500. You remain solely responsible for paying the ETF to your prior service provider. If you cancel your Verizon service w/in 90 days of installation, the ETF credit will be charged back to your final bill.
Limited-time online offer for new Fios TV residential customers subscribing to a Fios Gigabit Connection (Up to 940/880 Mbps) plan. Promo rates provided via monthly bill credits. Rate increases after promo period. $10/mo. router charge. Other fees, taxes, equip. charges & terms may apply. $70 set-up charge may apply.

rated:
You'll need to call and say "I want to cancel if you can't get me the $69.99 deal."

rated:
Can not use at my location.

rated:
Well I called yesterday after ignoring this offer for 1 month. I'm an existing customer. The Rep stated that they couldn't offer me the rates for this offer since I already have service, and I'm under contract for another year. Though she put me on hold to see what she could do for me. Thought it was going to be a waste of time. She got back on and offered me $64.99 per month for 75/75 service + the newer modem they have been peddling me as a $10 upgrade. This upgrade would last the length of my existing term, and then I suppose I can renegotiate after that. I was paying $79.00 per month for 50/50 using the older modem. So I suppose I'm content with this change. ATM I do not have cable/phone, so internet is fine with me.

rated:
Is this for a certain period of time then kicks to a higher rate?

rated:
i said that and they asked when i would like my service disconnrected 

rated:
940mbps != 1gbps

false advertising.

rated:
skarydrunkguy said:   940mbps != 1gbps

false advertising.

Is there even a consumer router can handle more than 940 mpbs?

rated:
seawolf21 said:   
skarydrunkguy said:   940mbps != 1gbps

false advertising.

Is there even a consumer router can handle more than 940 mpbs?

I was going to say IPcop or PFsense on appropriate hardware, but I'm going to guess here that they only give you a single gigabit connection to plug into, which will be somewhat less than even 940Mbps.

rated:
i'm a current fios customer. called in about the gigabit promo and they quoted us $99.99 for the gigabit data, TV (with sports package) and home phone. the home phone acted like a coupon as the internet + cable price was $169.99. they also quoted mandatory $90.00 installation fee.

their router is BHR4 G1100. said it was free but need to return at the end of your service.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017