Adorama has the Squier Vintage Modified '72 Telecaster Electric Guitar (Sunburst or Natural) for $299.99 with free shipping. 

https://www.adorama.com/sq301280500.html?&emailprice=t

4.4/5 stars with 36 reviews at Amazon -- there it is $450. 

• 9.5 fingerboard radius with 21 medium jumbo frets for easy clean bending
  • Fender branded Wide-range humbucking pickups for a full spectrum of tones and quiet noise free output
  • Satin finished modern 'C' shaped neck for smooth wood feel and comfortable fretting.
  • Semi-hollow Ash construction with stylish F-shaped sound hole to give a full sound.
  • Vintage style chrome hardtail bridge with Fender-stamped steel saddles to ensure rock-solid tuning and intonation.
  • 1 Year Limited Warranty

5 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
hm, if it's the same as the one on amaz0n, it's made in indonesia. nice tuners. i'd say it's worth 3 bills. probably well made and all that

again, made in the cort factory in indonesia. one could look up the controversies with them (cort) if they were so inclined

rated:
Yeah these are made in Indonesia. They are really decent. The fit and finish as well as tuners are all quality. Not all the Indonesia guitars are good but there are plenty of gems hidden in the production run. The amount of items I picked up a Indo-Fender and it was awesome and the MIM Fenders are full of quality control flaws is shocking especially for someone who got MIM back in early 2000's when they are extremely well made in a newly retooled factory.

I used to joke with customers that some Indonesian luthiers were gunning for a work VISA for the American factory. Not every one is great but some of them are ridiculously better made than the price would cause one to expect.

Still salty that my dad's $100 Squier Pawnshop 51' plays nicer than my first guitar, a 72' MIM Tele and most sub $1000 Fenders I ever picked up in my 3 years in a shop. Probably a fluke on that one but then again the amount of times I found a similar Indo-Fender in my shop were too numerous. That and the quality of the MIM and the new China made $400 Fenders that are slowly eclipsing the Mexico made ones are not so great these days. I tried not to be a hater but I picked up way too many with obvious and ridiculous flaws in the finish and the fret work was Meh at best. That being said it's all about looking through a stack to find that gem. Most people wouldn't really notice, but after you pick up 100's and play $2000+ guitars you start to recognize the difference.

I used to try to convince people to just take the Indo-Fender as a first guitar as opposed to the MIM one's since the price was usually 1/2 or 2/3 and who knows if a new player will keep playing. I was a honest but bad sales person in that way, lol. I'm a discerning player not a hungry salesperson.

rated:
Dont do it-used MIM strats are $250 all day long on craigslist and I second the motion on the squier '51 if you want a good cheap tele.

rated:

rated:
bendlaw1 said:   Dont do it-used MIM strats are $250 all day long on craigslist and I second the motion on the squier '51 if you want a good cheap tele.
maybe where you are. i never see them below $300. i rarely see them below $350, and more rarely see them in the $300 range  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017