posted 5 days ago by
ablang
Senior Member - 4K

It's a new feature near your bookmarks if you look under your profile.

1. Free sign up.  Activate your credit or debit cards.
2. Pay with your card at thousands of participating restaurants.
3. Get up to 10% credit back to your card’s account automatically.

link

25 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Good deal, thanks OP!

rated:
Nuts. If you card is already enrolled through DOSH.com (another CB earning program) that you cannot use it for Yelp CB. Does anyone know which program is better?

rated:
ablang said:   Nuts. If you card is already enrolled through DOSH.com (another CB earning program) that you cannot use it for Yelp CB. Does anyone know which program is better?
  Do they cover the same restaurants? I checked my area and while there were 27 restaurants, none of them were places I visit. 

rated:
How did you find out which restaurants were Yelp-eligible?

rated:
You mean "new" as in since last year, and is really just the same thing as Mogl which has been around for 5 years?

rated:
There's a section on their site that shows cash back stores. It works fine. I've used it at one restaurant and got my cash back about a month later. I did notice that they weren't a cash back restaurant though later on though. There aren't too many places that opt into the cash back thing either.

rated:
I've wondered about the privacy implications of this, the company is basically stalking every thing you buy (in order to know you shopped at the "Yelp restaurant" and maybe the restaurant gets more personal details.

Always creeps me out when a merchant uses "Square" and if you've ever given Square an email they store it permanently and bring it up at ANY merchant where you use that card. The one
-time generated email I gave a one-time merchant now is apparently my permanent Square address... wasn't disclosed at all that they would do that.

rated:
Bad internal customer service  reputation .

every try contacting yelp for assistance? >> NO SERVICE.

rated:
Dine at selected restaurants & get up to 10% cash back automatically. It's that simple.

rated:
This is legit and pretty good in my opinion, as there are a few of my favorite restaurants on there and I get a direct credit on my credit card a month later. Combine this with Yelp app which has check-in discounts like coupons as well as Citi Costco's 3% cashback on restaurants and you're sure to save some money.

rated:
Seems to have the same restaurants as the airline frequent flier dining programs (e.g. United Mileage Plus Dining   https://dining.mileageplus.com/).  So depending on your location the restaurant selection could be very meager to non-existent.  Also, registering your card with Yelp will probably unregister it from the frequent flier dining program.

rated:
fratilai said:   Seems to have the same restaurants as the airline frequent flier dining programs (e.g. United Mileage Plus Dining   https://dining.mileageplus.com/ ).  So depending on your location the restaurant selection could be very meager to non-existent.  Also, registering your card with Yelp will probably unregister it from the frequent flier dining program.

So far I have not found Yelp CB to be incompatible w/ MileagePlus.  Yelp CB is incompatible w/ DOSH however as I have cards enrolled w/ DOSH that won't allow me to add on w/ Yelp CB.  

rated:
McDonalds supported?

rated:
microkelvin said:   McDonalds supported?
  I would go for it if they mentioned what restaurants were covered

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
microkelvin said:   McDonalds supported?
  I would go for it if they mentioned what restaurants were covered

Find participating businesses Select from thousands of restaurants and other businesses – you can find them by typing “Cash Back” in Yelp search, or by using the “Cash Back” search filter after performing a search.   
https://www.yelp-support.com/article/How-does-the-Yelp-Cash-Back...

rated:
you can find out what restaurants participate by typing "cash back" in the search bar on yelp for your location. From a quick look, seems to be most of the same places as in frequent flier dining programs. Includes some cheap places like Arby's, applebees, etc. near me.

rated:
No Jack in the Box

rated:
No Discover (this quarter restaurants are 5% cash back on the IT card).

rated:
good deal

rated:
dribble said:   I've wondered about the privacy implications of this, the company is basically stalking every thing you buy (in order to know you shopped at the "Yelp restaurant" and maybe the restaurant gets more personal details.

Always creeps me out when a merchant uses "Square" and if you've ever given Square an email they store it permanently and bring it up at ANY merchant where you use that card. The one
-time generated email I gave a one-time merchant now is apparently my permanent Square address... wasn't disclosed at all that they would do that.

Saved my ass once.  Kinda.  

Some guy cloned my discover card somehow and started using it in a bunch of places.  Went to a pizza that had square and I got an email receipt.  I was like WTF?  Called discover, had them reissue the card.  Called the pizza place too and he said he knows the guy who's been doing it, so hopefully they caught him, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  

rated:
thanks for sharing <------------------

rated:
Out of curiosity how does this Emphyr service work. Are they a POS provider ? I hope that they don't have access to all credit card purchase I make using my card. 

edit:  I can't find a privacy policy anywhere and can't seem to find more information on what they collect from linked cards.  I hope they are not collecting everything that is purchased with the card.  

rated:
You mean they didn't mention all the free cookies? ;P

rated:
darn, there's only three places near me that offer cash back. I'd have to go to Portland, and I can't stand Portland

rated:
Good deal. thanks

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017