Lowes Kobalt 3/8-in Drive, 6 inch, Metric Hex Driver Sockets - 40% to 70% off ($12.93 for 7 pc set) YMMV

Lowes has the single piece 6 inch long Metric Hex Drivers on sale for up to 75% off thru 08/28/17
Some stores are 40% off and some are 75% off. Shipping is not available. Store pickup or truck delivery for in stock items.

Buy all seven sizes for $12.93. Compare to the $26.97 price of the set. Regular individual prices are $51.98
SAE sizes and standard length are not on sale.


3MM - Item #:338166 | Model #:86030 - $1.49
4MM - Item #:338167 | Model #:86031 - $1.49
5MM - Item #:338169 | Model #:86032 - $1.74
6MM - Item #:338170 | Model #:86033 - $1.74
7MM - Item #:338171 | Model #:86034 - $1.99
8MM - Item #:338172 | Model #:86035 - $2.24
10MM - Item #:338173 | Model #:86036 - $2.24
 

2386 Views
7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Those are nice. I was looking at them this morning.

rated:
As much as I love collecting tools, I can't remember a situation in 40+ years of general mechanic work where even one of these would have been useful.
The idea of applying leverage from a 3/8" socket wrench to a ball-end hex driver, at any angle (even straight 90deg.), seems a tad out of place.

However, I'm still contemplating snagging them, just so I can put them next to my set of metric crowfoot wrenches!

rated:
I don't really need anything like this now, but when working in the past on semiconductor equipment, this is the type of stuff that could save hours of frustration. The equipment was designed as small as possible, and specialty tools are almost a requirement.

rated:
Funny thing is, my local store has the SAE sizes at 75% off, and the metric are nearly full price.
  

rated:
ratdog49640 said:   Funny thing is, my local store has the SAE sizes at 75% off, and the metric are nearly full price.
  

  Thanks, I will have to check other stores near me and see if possibly they have the SAE.
Found them all. Three different stores but none that will require a special trip.

rated:
UkeDoggie said:   As much as I love collecting tools, I can't remember a situation in 40+ years of general mechanic work where even one of these would have been useful.
The idea of applying leverage from a 3/8" socket wrench to a ball-end hex driver, at any angle (even straight 90deg.), seems a tad out of place.

However, I'm still contemplating snagging them, just so I can put them next to my set of metric crowfoot wrenches!

  I wish they didn't have the ball end. And I wish they had the long torx.
The size ratchet has nothing to do with the amount of force that you apply. It does increase the amount you CAN apply. Use logic for the size fastener.

rated:
jimates said:     I wish they didn't have the ball end. And I wish they had the long torx.
The size ratchet has nothing to do with the amount of force that you apply. It does increase the amount you CAN apply. Use logic for the size fastener.

Sears currently has a set on sale that includes long torx (metric) drive sockets, 1/4" & 3/8" drive, among some mid-length ball-end hex sockets, plus a bunch of socket extension bars and u-joints.
There's a FW deal post on it here: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1581341 

True, the size ratchet does not DEMAND you apply any particular force level.
But imo a 3/8" drive 3mm ball-end hex driver makes about as much sense as 1/2" drive #1 phillips bit driver.
Unless I was working on some factory assembly line, I'd much prefer my set of ball-end hex drivers to have T-handles, at least for most of the smaller sizes.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017